• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So we lose a Big and bring in a Guard to replace him?

Blunt91

I still think they are deciding if they like Amoni Brooks. He sucked in the preseason game and Sibert does the same thing but better. There is probably some big who will be cut and Atlanta can try to sign that player. It's not like Derrickson ain't a 4 and Bruno ain't a 5 for CP. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

I still think they are deciding if they like Amoni Brooks. He sucked in the preseason game and Sibert does the same thing but better. There is probably some big who will be cut and Atlanta can try to sign that player. It's not like Derrickson ain't a 4 and Bruno ain't a 5 for CP. 

I'm keepingban eye on Christian Wood in Detroit. (Why can't he seem to stick with a team though?)

I think they have one roster spot available, so it'll either be him or JoeJesus who gets the last spot.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm keepingban eye on Christian Wood in Detroit. (Why can't he seem to stick with a team though?)

I think they have one roster spot available, so it'll either be him or JoeJesus who gets the last spot.

Why did we not sign this guy?

• Premium Member
56 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

We didn't have money to spend?

I think it's a blind bid, so you wouldn't know what the other team bid.

Waivers is a 48-hour period where teams are allowed to bid on a player's contract, and if they win the bid, that player no longer enters unrestricted free agency. ... If another team claims a player off waivers and wins the bid, they assume the remainder of his contract and the original team clears him off their payroll.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

It's not like Derrickson ain't a 4 and Bruno ain't a 5 for CP. 

We disagree.

It is like Bruno ain't a 5 for CP.

This team as-is has only 4 legitimate bigs on the roster, plus Parker who will get PF minutes and a few small ball C minutes, and if necessary, Parsons will also get some frontcourt minutes.

Bruno is a 5 for ATL.

And regarding filling that 15th roster slot, Schlenk is on record that he wants to use it and the cap space to get in on some trade that will generate a "future asset," translation, draft pick. I don't know why he would bother going away from that. It's not like this team isn't already going to be finding it hard to give end of the bench guys some time. I look for the tandem two-way players to be used in place of a 15th guy. Ideally, a team in tax trouble starts dismantling their roster in January. They send us a ~$5m player in exchange for a draft pick, and then they send us another player in a technically separate trade worth ~$5m more than we're sending back. Effectively, they slash ~$10m off their payroll, and we get to add another draft commodity. That's the idea.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, sturt said:

We disagree.

It is like Bruno ain't a 5 for CP.

This team as-is has only 4 legitimate bigs on the roster, plus Parker who will get PF minutes and a few small ball C minutes, and if necessary, Parsons will also get some frontcourt minutes.

Bruno is a 5 for ATL.

And regarding filling that 15th roster slot, Schlenk is on record that he wants to use it and the cap space to get in on some trade that will generate a "future asset," translation, draft pick. I don't know why he would bother going away from that. It's not like this team isn't already going to be finding it hard to give end of the bench guys some time. I look for the tandem two-way players to be used in place of a 15th guy. Ideally, a team in tax trouble starts dismantling their roster in January. They send us a ~$5m player in exchange for a draft pick, and then they send us another player in a technically separate trade worth ~$5m more than we're sending back. Effectively, they slash ~$10m off their payroll, and we get to add another draft commodity. That's the idea.

I was speaking in slang and engaging in sarcasm. Derrickson is a 4 and Bruno is a 5. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...