• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Preseason Game #2: Hawks vs Magic

JayBirdHawk

Defensively we looked a lot better but offensively only Trae and Hunter made a impac. Everyone else from a meaningful volume standpoint was just sad, Preseason take, I like what Bruno and Hunter did tonight and that is a good takeaway.

Edited by Buzzard

20 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Even Cam.

Every single one. Cam played great defense unlike v. NO. Move well without the basketball. Aggressive in the 2nd QT. Only one shot I marked as a bad shot. Of the 5 threes, 4 were wide open. You want your wings to take those shots. He will earn a high grade in the film room

• Like 2

overall happy with the effort of this team tonight 

But I’m kinda already over the collins new role responsibilities personally . While Collins definitely struggles with lengthier players in general as we’ve seen so far in his career , tonight he was also playing a different role in trying to make plays as a passer but it seemed very forced in my opinion.

i say let collins do what he’s great at offensively and focus more so on defensive improvement for him.....Collins already brings these things to the table offensively so why force a playmaker role on him...he’s a Very good screener with a very good bbiq on when to roll or when to pop, Good hand eye coordination, good at tracking the ball, good hands for catching, good finisher, so far average 3pt shooter....lets just let collins be who he is on offense. 

with trae, cam, Huerter, Bembry, turner and even hunter and Parker...we don’t need collins to be a playmaker we need his excellent screens both on ball and away from the ball to free up his teammates and himself. Everyone don’t need to be a damn on ball talent 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Trae - MVP

Bembry - HustleMan Hustle, playing well

Hunter - Outside of a slight struggle early, this man continues his reign on both ends

Cam - Very aggressive, hasn't hit an open three yet but his defense looks great and his impact showing

Bruno - Did well, much better today than Mon

Jones - Played much better, not good or anything but clearly looked more engaged today. 

Len - cheeks

Parker - Really looks good. Playing both ends and plays with a lot of energy. Once we really get him plugged in, I think he can be special as a 6th man. 

Collins - Orlando always gives him nightmares, and it didn't end today. 

Brown Jr. - Showed a lot more today than Mon. Looks like someone to keep an eye on in CP. 

Goodwin - Impressive all around. Our PG's played very well so far. 

I hope I didn't forget anyone.  

2nd half: 

Trae - Struggled to get in rhythm compared to the 1st half. The defense was still sharp as a tack.  

Bembry - Orlando shut down his dribble-drive in the 2nd half. They actually had a gameplan, lol. 

Hunter - Offensively showed a lot more and was by far our most efficient player but made a lot more mistakes on both ends in the 2nd half than v. NO all game. This is a game fans might come away higher on him but the film room won't be as friendly. He shot several shots early in the shot clock and started playing a little AAU style of ball. Not sure I liked it from him. The kid showed that he can score for all three levels and he explodes in space very well. Like Cam, he got a lot of great looks. The boys were dealing today. 

Cam - I came away higher on him in this game than NO. Missed all of his 3pt attempts but all but one was wide open. You can't pass on that. He didn't make hardly any mistakes. Clearly a much cleaner game than v. NO but the FG% will probably bring him some ire from some fans. 

Bruno - He had a monster 3rd QT and was rewarded 4th QT with the starters. He didn't play well with them but it was hard as they didn't really have chemistry. Bruno clearly showed he belongs in this game. His defense was superb. Even when switched to Fultz, he moved his feet well. With the scouting report, he would have known to play Fultz to his weak hand but this is preseason. He will be much better when he gets more exp. This was a monster game from Bruno.  

Jones - 2nd half just wasn't good. He really hasn't shown his class yet. 

Len - Unmemorable. 

Parker - Clearly had a better 1st than 2nd half but his defense was sublime today. He really impacted the game at the end of the court. 

Collins - It never improved for Collins. Issac and Aminu made him his bitch.  

Brown Jr. - I liked his moxie but his 2nd half, he was chucking

Goodwin - Helped with the 3rd QT run. In the 4th, the guys were chucking but his D was still good. Great game for him. 

Brooks - Had a couple of nice threes but most of his shots were bad shots. Not sure how he is going to make the roster. I am not sure he is rotational at CP yet. His defense was trash. 

McCall - Energy was there. The defense was there unlike v. NO. He didn't play much but I didn't think he played badly. Shoulda made both FTs. 

I hope I didn't forget anyone.  

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

He is extremely tough to defend. We had to swarm him to get the rock out of his hands. Zion with steam is extremely difficult to stop. 

He's strong.. and if he's playing by Lebron rules, he will score a lot. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Cwell said:

Meh, bully ball. That play style doesn't really go the distance

"The King" has made it work for him for many years.  As he goes toward his retirement, perhaps this is his replacement in the NBA...

:diablo:

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

Collins might be worth trading because he is a really soft player.

He didn't look soft to me. He just looked small. Is it me or is John 235 again. He look like he lost some of his bulk from last season to move around the court better he looks too small again like he did as a rookie. 245 John was his perfect weight

• Like 1