• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How Badly do we need a Center???

Diesel

15 hours ago, AHF said:

I view Sabonis's demands as a positive.  I don't think anyone is going to want to pay him $100M so if he can go into FA without a deal then that leaves us and our large cap room in great position to swoop in and get him for less than he wants but more than anyone is willing to pay without having to give up a core guy.  If his demands are ridiculous, it could get us a better chance at a test drive level trade as well if the Pacers realize they won't contend this year and won't resign him.  I'd love to get him without having to do a Joe Johnson type of deal where we give up legit assets and then pay him $$$ on top of it.

Sabonis and Collins double drag screens would be a thing of beauty

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sturt said:

Joakim Noah, anyone?

I'm actually half-serious about that. Half-joking, too, for sure, but half-serious nonetheless.

From my industry contacts, they are saying his knees look bad and can't play more than reserve mins at most. Both LAL and LAC failed his physical.

The guys I am eyeing is

Steven Adams once his price tag becomes reasonable. 

Tristian Thompson, once they decide to move from all vets and seek out picks. I can see us being interested in and Delly/TT

Baynes if he ever becomes available. 

If Chicago or Orlando opens to moving their young studs, WCJ or Bamba for a lot of draft assets. 

Realistically, Thompson and Delly are my guys I want. It would cost  Turner/Parsons for TT/Delly/Knight for a couple of 2nd rounders. 

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, terrell said:

We need a starting center imo...Len is a backup. And Bruno isnt ready.

Define "need."

What we "need" is to develop Bruno.

Granted, there's a balance as you develop a player, and you don't want him to get too few minutes nor too many.

That's why we have Len. That's why we have Jones.

• Like 1

Just now, sturt said:

Define "need."

What we "need" is to develop Bruno.

Granted, there's a balance as you develop a player, and you don't want him to get too few minutes nor too many.

That's why we have Len. That's why we have Jones.

Len and JOnes are terrible..And THey seem to think Bruno is a PF. PLaying him with JOnes smh. He's only 6'9 afterall. lol. 

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, terrell said:

Len and JOnes are terrible..And THey seem to think Bruno is a PF. PLaying him with JOnes smh. He's only 6'9 afterall. lol. 

Let's not lump Len and Jones together.  Len is MUCH better.  But i get your point.  We can play Collins at center too though.   If we're not destined for the lottery i'm sure we will be getting a center this season.

• Like 1

• Moderators
9 hours ago, High5 said:

I'll never understand why Hawks fans think Chicago is counting the days for their opportunity to trade WCJ. He gets mentioned all the damn time and I just don't get it. 

Agreed.  He is a keeper.  Only reason to look to move him is if he and Lauri can't play together.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
51 minutes ago, terrell said:

Let's take that at face value... so they're terrible.

Unless something drops in your lap that is an improvement that costs practically nothing, the cost is too high, and the reward too low to care.

Like it or not, this is one more developmental year. We'll care about playoffs next season, assuming no setbacks this season.

And Bruno is like a lot of 6-9 centers over the years who have exceptional hops and long arms.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NBASupes said:

From my industry contacts, they are saying his knees look bad and can't play more than reserve mins at most. Both LAL and LAC failed his physical.

The guys I am eyeing is

Steven Adams once his price tag becomes reasonable. 

Tristian Thompson, once they decide to move from all vets and seek out picks. I can see us being interested in and Delly/TT

Baynes if he ever becomes available. 

If Chicago or Orlando opens to moving their young studs, WCJ or Bamba for a lot of draft assets. 

Realistically, Thompson and Delly are my guys I want. It would cost  Turner/Parsons for TT/Delly/Knight for a couple of 2nd rounders. 

I'm with you on Baynes.  I can't tell if you stole that idea from me but I'm giving you major side-eye about it.

Not sure if I'd be able to reconcile rooting for DellavaGleague

• Like 2

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'm with you on Baynes.  I can't tell if you stole that idea from me but I'm giving you major side-eye about it.

Not sure if I'd be able to reconcile rooting for DellavaGleague

I was hoping that was a different Delly that i wasn't familiar with.  Yeah, It'd be a drag booing every time a Hawk touched the ball.   

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

How bad do the Hawks need another center RIGHT NOW?

Apparently, they are not as desperate as we fans believe.  If so, wouldn't our GM rush right out and grab someone?  Wouldn't we hear crying and gnashing of teeth from Lloyd P.? 

How many of us have prayed the prayer:  "Lord, give me patience and give it to me now!"  Admit it.  We are all spoiled.  We want it and we want it NOW!  Today, everything is sold by this measuring stick.  Anything from instant grits to anything you can name.  Why?  Because, we deserve it and we deserve it now.  Listen to the commercials.  Everything is centered around "right now!"

:smug:

• Like 1

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Apparently, they are not as desperate as we fans believe.  If so, wouldn't our GM rush right out and grab someone?  Wouldn't we hear crying and gnashing of teeth from Lloyd P.? 

Not if schlenk and Co. are trying to lose which has been my fear since we laid that egg in free agency

hace 44 minutos, Gray Mule dijo:

How many of us have prayed the prayer:  "Lord, give me patience and give it to me now!"  Admit it.  We are all spoiled.  We want it and we want it NOW!  Today, everything is sold by this measuring stick.  Anything from instant grits to anything you can name.  Why?  Because, we deserve it and we deserve it now.  Listen to the commercials.  Everything is centered around "right now!"

I agree, I am enjoying the process, we just have been rebuilding for 2 years, we just have had good draft pick a for 2 years, our core is 19-21 years old, we cannot win now. One more year of rebuild, draft a C, leave al the bad contracts go and tren build a team to contend and grow.

we are doing great, the young guys are showing great potential, leave them grow and enjoy the process with them.

Having said that, next year’s draft is crucial, we need to add a starting C and a backup PG, we cannot miss. I also think there are good young players out there that we could test now on games and try to find additional pieces for our team, players like Christian Wood, Looney, Birch, we should try to pursue these players now and we are not doing it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

I agree, I am enjoying the process, we just have been rebuilding for 2 years, we just have had good draft pick a for 2 years, our core is 19-21 years old, we cannot win now. One more year of rebuild, draft a C, leave al the bad contracts go and tren build a team to contend and grow.

we are doing great, the young guys are showing great potential, leave them grow and enjoy the process with them.

Having said that, next year’s draft is crucial, we need to add a starting C and a backup PG, we cannot miss. I also think there are good young players out there that we could test now on games and try to find additional pieces for our team, players like Christian Wood, Looney, Birch, we should try to pursue these players now and we are not doing it.

Looney opted to stay with GSW for less.

Wood is on the Pistons roster, they cut Joe to keep him.

Birch, I'll have to look him up.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

You're going to hear me preach this all season long.  The perfect back up point guard in this year's draft is Tre Mann.  He's already taken advice from Trae Young about how to approach college.   He's 6'4" with shoes and plays a very similar game to Trae. 

https://www.thestepien.com/2019/08/09/tre-mann-shouldnt-2020-draft-sleeper-hiding-plain-sight/

The article above breaks him down for you. After he plays a few games at Florida, he should move up some mock draft boards. No idea why he's not top 20 now.  He can pass, dribble and shoot.  To me, one of the best pure shooters in this class.  He should be available with the Net's pick.

James Wiseman will be the perfect fit with Collins, but Wiseman will require some lotto luck.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

i-want-it-now3.gif

hehe

• Haha 1