• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How Badly do we need a Center???

Diesel

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Not if schlenk and Co. are trying to lose

Define "trying."

That's a difference, imo, between this and Schlenk's previous seasons. Even then, I wouldn't so much say they were "trying" to lose, but more that they were just very, very, very disinterested in winning.

Now?

They're at least "somewhat interested" in winning, imo.

But it's still not a priority.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, marco102 said:

You're going to hear me preach this all season long.  The perfect back up point guard in this year's draft is Tre Mann.  He's already taken advice from Trae Young about how to approach college.   He's 6'4" with shoes and plays a very similar game to Trae. 

https://www.thestepien.com/2019/08/09/tre-mann-shouldnt-2020-draft-sleeper-hiding-plain-sight/

The article above breaks him down for you. After he plays a few games at Florida, he should move up some mock draft boards. No idea why he's not top 20 now.  He can pass, dribble and shoot.  To me, one of the best pure shooters in this class.  He should be available with the Net's pick.

James Wiseman will be the perfect fit with Collins, but Wiseman will require some lotto luck.

Trae backed up by Tre? Sure...why not.😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, marco102 said:

...he should move up some mock draft boards. No idea why he's not top 20 now.  He can pass, dribble and shoot.  To me, one of the best pure shooters in this class.  He should be available with the Net's pick.

Just throwin this out there.... we just came off arguably the least predictable 11-35 draft of the last 25 years, even just looking from the end of the college season to draft night. The first game of the college season hasn't been played, let alone the first tournament game, let alone the first post-season workouts. The words "we'll see"... as ho-hum as they may be... seem to apply. But thanks for the heads-up. There's at least a name to be watching for.

hace 2 horas, JayBirdHawk dijo:

Looney opted to stay with GSW for less.

Wood is on the Pistons roster, they cut Joe to keep him.

Birch, I'll have to look him up.

I know where they are, the issue is we did not even try to sign them. Now is when you can do this young bargain signings and get them minutes, when you are on win mode not rebuilding you just cannot do that. I think we are ding fine in the draft and weak on the FA, we can do better than Jaylen Adams, Evan Turner and Damian Jones, much better

• Premium Member
55 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

I know where they are, the issue is we did not even try to sign them. Now is when you can do this young bargain signings and get them minutes, when you are on win mode not rebuilding you just cannot do that. I think we are ding fine in the draft and weak on the FA, we can do better than Jaylen Adams, Evan Turner and Damian Jones, much better

Here:

Looney wanted to entertain other more lucrative offers with teams that could offer a larger role. Though he also fielded interest from the Los Angeles Clippers, Houston Rockets, Philadelphia 76ers and Atlanta Hawks, Looney found it more appealing to stay with the Warriors because of his ongoing development and the team’s recent championship success.

Wood was never a FA, he was claimed off waivers by Detroit with a winning bid. I have no idea if the Hawks put in a bid, if they did, it wasn't high enough to outbid Detroit.

I still haven't researched Birch status.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sturt said:

Define "trying."

That's a difference, imo, between this and Schlenk's previous seasons. Even then, I wouldn't so much say they were "trying" to lose, but more that they were just very, very, very disinterested in winning.

Now?

They're at least "somewhat interested" in winning, imo.

But it's still not a priority.

Not "somewhat interested" with these centers.  Terrible bigs, other than Collins, and he doesn't need to be playing center.

• Premium Member

Fwiw, I think summaries are probably okay, but straight copy-and-paste will eventually get the website in trouble.

As for this...

2019-10-22_2022.png

Answer: Based on Schlenk's comments and actions.

Most significantly, we're now on the downhill slide regarding draft picks, having now cashed-in most of our assets in that way, and without Schlenk having made any efforts to replenish the safe.

These are our guys.

Now we're going to see if we can develop them, and how soon.

If they win in the meantime, all the better, but that's not the focus just yet.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, sturt said:

Fwiw, I think summaries are probably okay, but straight copy-and-paste will eventually get the website in trouble.

As for this...

2019-10-22_2022.png

Answer: Based on Schlenk's comments and actions.

His actions made the team worse around Trae and Collins.  Len<<<Dedmon  Jones<<<<<<<<<Len.  Turner<<<<<<<Lin.  Bembry<<Bazemore.  Bruno<<<<Poytress

• Premium Member

Peor, you just repeated yourself, and just elaborated a bit. And you self-evidently avoided attempting any counterpoint to the point made.

Not real effective.

Again, "somewhat interested in winning" doesn't mean the same thing as "interested in winning." Winning is icing on the cake. It nice. It's pretty. It's a plus. But it isn't the cake. Developing players is the cake.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, sturt said:

Peor, you just repeated yourself, and just elaborated a bit. And you self-evidently avoided attempting any counterpoint to the point made.

Not real effective.

Again, "somewhat interested in winning" doesn't mean the same thing as "interested in winning." Winning is icing on the cake. It nice. It's pretty. It's a plus. But it isn't the cake. Developing players is the cake.

Still doesn't make any sense...If Schlenk was more interested in winning this year vs last year, He would have put together a better roster this year.  But I see regardless of the facts, you are going to stick to your beliefs.  No problem

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

If Schlenk was more interested in winning this year vs last year, He would have put together a better roster this year.

Premise continues to be faulty... having a better or worse roster is not, on its own, an indication of level of interest in winning.. And, my friend, you just burned through yet another post without making any counterpoint to the previous point made.

Futile though it may be, I'll try to re-word in case that somehow helps (?)... last season and the season before Schlenk was actively interested in losing for the purpose of increasing the value of draft assets. THAT is NOT what's happening THIS season. Indeed, there is cold hard logic in not adding players to the roster who, though they may help you win in the short-term, are sponging up minutes from the younger guys who are the heart-and-soul of your long-term plans for challenging for a title.

9 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

But I see regardless of the facts, you are going to stick to your beliefs.

Fail. That's my line. Will you now go a third post without head-on responding with a counterpoint? Irrational for me to not stick to a conclusion when the other person doesn't even offer any response to the point made.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, sturt said:

Indeed, there is cold hard logic in not adding players to the roster who, though they may help you win in the short-term, are sponging up minutes from the younger guys who are the heart-and-soul of your long-term plans for challenging for a title.

I'll ask you a direct question then just for clarification ...Who is this so called long term solution at back up point guard? Was it difficult to find a back up point guard.  What was the point of adding Parsons at $25 mil?  These were easy decision to make for a GM wanting to win more games but yet he chose the path to make the team worse. Why?

• Premium Member

@Peoriabird...

1) I don't know. But my follow-up... are you trying to develop a back-up point guard? And if so, why would you do that? Back-up PGs are, by nature, a dime a dozen. They are not the difference between winning titles and not.

2) I don't know. But my follow-up... is having Parsons instead of having Hill/Plumlee going to, in any universe real or imagined in comic books, going to have some impact on winning titles or not?

3) I've now humored you by answering DIRECTLY to your questions. Silly me to think you would reciprocate, and answer directly the assertions made above that support that we're at least somewhat interested this season in winning, at least compared to previous seasons.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, sturt said:

@Peoriabird...

1) I don't know. But my follow-up... are you trying to develop a back-up point guard? And if so, why would you do that? Back-up PGs are, by nature, a dime a dozen. They are not the difference between winning titles and not.

If they are a dime a dozen, why didn't we spend a penny to get 1?