How Badly do we need a Center???

Diesel

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Also, lets not forget that Cam has been injured all offseason and probably still is. The kid is going to be a monster... we need to bookmark this thread so we can have fun trashing it later on. lol

He was trashing Hunter 1st in another thread!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Also, lets not forget that Cam has been injured all offseason and probably still is. The kid is going to be a monster... we need to bookmark this thread so we can have fun trashing it later on. lol

Cam been good in the 1st two games considering he is a rookie

Edited by NBASupes

15 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Except for his finishing around the rim.  I think he needs to give those drives up until he gets stronger.

I don't know if he will ever be that good at that. He wasn't that good at it at all levels and he was putrid at while playing for Duke. He has always been a guy who finishes in space like Lonzo Ball. 

Please!  Hawks desperately need a big, bully boy center.  Check out our current roster.  Atlanta has one!  So, he's a rookie.  So, he was a second round pick.  So, what is the problem?  I know. He's not there yet.  He's not a star NBA center.  Yet, he fills the exact description of what we need.

Never saw so many posters, some being not nice in their language, crying about the fact that we really, really need a player that we already have.

:deke:

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Diesel said:

It's funny... All yall saw was Reddish.  Did you consider Bazley???

Obvious answer is NO!!

Some of you should be on RealGM... because they are homers who don't think either.  BTW... I'm probably the 2nd biggest Reddish fan on here... But I suggest that you look over Bazley before you comment anymore. 

I beg to differ, we all know @NBASupes is numero uno here on Cam, but you can ask Supes, I'm probably second behind him!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, sturt said:

I'm fully aware of Bazely, me, and like him. He could be crazy good. But I have more faith in Reddish being crazy good. And I don't give a crap about adding a center because I don't give a crap about making a playoff run this season. We're still a year away. And I'm okay with that.

Alrighty... this is somebody who has done the HW.   First off...  6'9" Ambidextrious Shooting Gaurd who block shots and rebounds like a PF is something that would go nicely beside Hunter, Collins, and Trae.   I love Reddish's potential but at some point, you will either decide that Hunter must go or one of them must come off the bench.    For a PTPer... coming off the bench won't fly...  Whereas Bazley could be inserted in as a legit starter at the SG.   His defense will help Trae out of mismatches.  There's nobody on the roster that that can be said about right now. 

Secondly... why do we think that it's a good thing missing the playoffs???  Do we just want to stay in the lottery perpetually?  Our history shows that when we fight for something (as a young team) it pulls us together better.  (Joe, Marvin, Josh, and Josh. gets to the playoffs.)

When we are a continual lottery team... everybody loses faith in us...and nobody wants to be here.  The Kruger years. 

There has to be an exit strategy for the lottery if you want to get or hold on to FAs.

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Since you mention - what's special about Bazley? And isn't he a PF?

He's a 6'9"  SG with great handles (ambidextrous).   Blocks shots.. Rebounds...  Reminds you of Durant.   I'm not saying he will be better than Reddish... But I think he's as good and will be a better fit for us. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Alrighty... this is somebody who has done the HW.   First off...  6'9" Ambidextrious Shooting Gaurd who block shots and rebounds like a PF is something that would go nicely beside Hunter, Collins, and Trae.   I love Reddish's potential but at some point, you will either decide that Hunter must go or one of them must come off the bench.    For a PTPer... coming off the bench won't fly...  Whereas Bazley could be inserted in as a legit starter at the SG.   His defense will help Trae out of mismatches.  There's nobody on the roster that that can be said about right now. 

Secondly... why do we think that it's a good thing missing the playoffs???  Do we just want to stay in the lottery perpetually?  Our history shows that when we fight for something (as a young team) it pulls us together better.  (Joe, Marvin, Josh, and Josh. gets to the playoffs.)

When we are a continual lottery team... everybody loses faith in us...and nobody wants to be here.  The Kruger years. 

There has to be an exit strategy for the lottery if you want to get or hold on to FAs.

Bazley isn't a shooting guard.  He's a forward can play either forward position with good rebounding, shooting, and passing skills.  Cam can play the 2 & 3.  I'm not sure he could hold up at the four at his current strength.  

I loved Bazley during the draft process and hoped we would get him the second round, but Cam was way higher on my personal list than Bazley just on his shooting and passing potential. 

I would not trade Cam for Bazley.  I would potentially trade for Adams and you don't need to attach Cam with it. I think that's where most are arguing with you.  

OKC is in cap hell with a lower tier, at best ,playoff team. If a team trades for Adams with outgoing salaries less than $5,000,000 than Adams, I believe that saves OKC like $15 million in taxes.  That alone is worth a first round pick.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2

Before I crush Diesel's dream. Let me say peace about Bazley. He is a type we haven't seen in a while. A player that was common from 98-2005 when you had Travis Outlaw, DeMarr Johnson, Josh Smith, J.R. Smith, Dorrell Wright, Jon Bender, etc. You know, all of those prep to NBA types. They have a lot of talent. They can do a bit of everything. Rebound, block shots, get steals, and score with volume. They lack fundamentals, shooting is meh, no movement skills whatsoever and usually low BBIQ. 

Bazley can become a good player one day but he definitely has a cap on his ceiling in the modern NBA. Back in the days, he would have been a starter by Year 2. 

But Bazley is like Bruno. They have potential but limited early on. Neither is likely to ever be all-stars but both could add value in about three to four years. Not a piece I would just trade for a Steven Adams. I CLEARLY wouldn't trade a Cam Reddish for that. 

A piece I would consider for Adams is Bembry and a 1st round pick outside of the lottery. 

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Before I crush Diesel's dream. Let me say peace about Bazley. He is a type we haven't seen in a while. A player that was common from 98-2005 when you had Travis Outlaw, DeMarr Johnson, Josh Smith, J.R. Smith, Dorrell Wright, Jon Bender, etc. You know, all of those prep to NBA types. They have a lot of talent. They can do a bit of everything. Rebound, block shots, get steals, and score with volume. They lack fundamentals, shooting is meh, no movement skills whatsoever and usually low BBIQ. 

Bazley can become a good player one day but he definitely has a cap on his ceiling in the modern NBA. Back in the days, he would have been a starter by Year 2. 

But Bazley is like Bruno. They have potential but limited early on. Neither is likely to ever be all-stars but both could add value in about three to four years. Not a piece I would just trade for a Steven Adams. I CLEARLY wouldn't trade a Cam Reddish for that. 

A piece I would consider for Adams is Bembry and a 1st round pick outside of the lottery. 

I see you, but I disagree.   I like Reddish just a little less than you do.  I see his great potential.   However, Bazley has great potential too.   Your narrative would fit KD very well my friend.   It's a poor stereotype.   First off, Bazley has ball handling skills bettter than anybody on your list.  Moreover, he has already shown the ability to draw and kick/dropoff and the timing to block shots.   

It's true that he's multidimensional, but he's not a guy who you can call a master of none.     He's Penny Hardaway with Defense. I believe before his career is all said and done, he will show that he can play 1-4 but his impact will be at the 2.   His first step is just too fast and his handle is too good not to play him at the 2 and watch him dominate smaller guys. 

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Every year it's the same call to way overpay for a 'true center', and every year the contenders are trotting out washed up 7 footers or never-great bigs at center.   In today's nba I put 'great center' pretty far down the list of things needed for a championship.   

Last year playoffs EC Final 4.

Boston - Morris, Horford

Milwaukee - Lopez

Toronto -  Gasol

Philly - Embiid

IF you don't understand the need for a good to great Center, then you want to go out in the 2nd round like Boston AT BEST.

19 hours ago, Diesel said:

Sorry but Len Sucks and there's a long non-guaranteed wait on developing a Center. 

However, Steven Adams is available. 

Would you dangle Reddish out there in order to get Adams?

off top...  Reddish/Chandler for Adams/Bazley?

or maybe something with Len and Turner?

I am not close to ready to give on Reddish even though I like Adams. He is over paid and will be much older than the rest of this team as it grows. I like Bruno and think he has a chance. The real questions for us is how does Trae, Huerter, Hunter, Collins, Reddish, Bruno continue to develop.

OKC will be getting closer and closer to panic mode with CP3 and Adams as the season progresses. Especially if the NBA loses a huge chunk of revenue with China. Patience my friend; this team is so young, They could almost be a major college team. Without Len they could be!

Trae Young 21
Kevin Huerter 21
DeAndre Hunter 21
John Collins 22
Alex Len 26
Bruno Fernando 21
Cam Reddish 20

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

I see you, but I disagree.   I like Reddish just a little less than you do.  I see his great potential.   However, Bazley has great potential too.   Your narrative would fit KD very well my friend.   It's a poor stereotype.   First off, Bazley has ball handling skills bettter than anybody on your list.  Moreover, he has already shown the ability to draw and kick/dropoff and the timing to block shots.   

It's true that he's multidimensional, but he's not a guy who you can call a master of none.     He's Penny Hardaway with Defense. I believe before his career is all said and done, he will show that he can play 1-4 but his impact will be at the 2.   His first step is just too fast and his handle is too good not to play him at the 2 and watch him dominate smaller guys. 

Bazley doesn't have great potential. He can be a pretty good player but lacks fundamentals and doesn't really have required BBIQ traits needed in the modern NBA. Even back then, those guys couldn't win games in key roles for you. Bruno and Bazley have the same potential. The difference is, I think Bruno can help a winning team while starting like Capela while Bazley is like Josh Smith. He has to take a more limited role if he wants to really win. 

The list wasn't saying he is them. The list was saying that he is the same type of Basketball player. 

He is nothing like Penny Hardaway. Cam is closer to being Penny and he is nothing like Penny Hardaway. Bazley is going to develop into a good player down the road but he likely won't be a player you would love. He would be a Drummond, a player you regret you paid. 

Teams are running from these types. See my personal fav, for example, Nas Little. I reached out to one of my guys about Nas, he said, teams feel he will be good in the NBA but he will be one of those who will take you cap space but you can't win with. Teams don't want those players anymore. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

A narrative describing a guy who doesn’t have a good shot would fit KD well who was primarily known for his shooting even as a prep?

Oh.. You mean that guy that lived, ate, and Slept with Mike Miller as his trainer all year last year.... Who's summer league efficiency from 3 was about 43%?   That guy?

OK.  thanks for the clarification.