• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How Badly do we need a Center???

Diesel

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

You have to be joking.

Don't just say things to try to make a point.   You're comparing aging former all-stars to a never-was like this Woods cat?  Are you suggesting he's Chauncey Billups or something?  C'mon, man.

I'm just saying that is a weird way of evaluating whether or not a player is useful or not.

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I'm just saying that is a weird way of evaluating whether or not a player is useful or not.

Ok, ok.  I hear you.  You do realize we actually agree on the need, just not the players, right?  Sheesh, what would our exchange look like if we disagreed?

smacking.gif

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Ok, ok.  I hear you.  You do realize we actually agree on the need, just not the players, right?  Sheesh, what would our exchange look like if we disagreed?

smacking.gif

LOL!  I'm just still disappointed in Schlenk...That's all!   I was trying to see his vision of how this team would turn out but I can't  Therefore I have to concluded that he either misjudged badly on our center personnel or he had no plan.  Dedmon for a couple more years would not have been the worst thing in the world.

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

LOL!  I'm just still disappointed in Schlenk...That's all!   I was trying to see his vision of how this team would turn out but I can't  Therefore I have to concluded that he either misjudged badly on our center personnel or he had no plan.  Dedmon for a couple more years would not have been the worst thing in the world.

Maybe he anticipated addressing the front court in this upcoming draft?

I wouldn't like that but at least it would be a plan.

• Premium Member
Just now, kg01 said:

Maybe he anticipated addressing the front court in this upcoming draft?

I wouldn't like that but at least it would be a plan.

That doesn't make any sense because it typically takes big men 2-3 years to develop mean while John and Trae are ready to compete now.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

That doesn't make any sense because it typically takes big men 2-3 years to develop mean while John and Trae are ready to compete now.

I hope our three current centers are all still in the development stage, don't you.

:hi:

• Premium Member
Just now, Gray Mule said:

I hope our three current centers are all still in the development stage, don't you.

Developmental stage?  Jones is 24 and has been in the league for 3 years...The only reason that he is still in the league is because he is 7 feet tall

• Haha 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

I’d only apply that label to Bruno.  Not that the others can’t develop but Len is fairly mature at this point and Jones is trying develop into being rotation worthy in his mid-20s.  Both should be ready to play now.  Bruno is definitely the guy who gets the pass from me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Developmental stage?  Jones is 24 and has been in the league for 3 years...The only reason that he is still in the league is because he is 7 feet tall

um. at 24 Dedmon was an undrafted player playing on 10 day contracts and not getting picked up.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Ooh, per Amick, IND is "talking to teams" about trading Sabonis.

Hope we get in on that action, bawse. 

I'll be open to trading our pick lightly protected for Sabonis but that's not a good fit for Collins either. Maybe Collins for Sabonis?

• Confused 2

38 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Ooh, per Amick, IND is "talking to teams" about trading Sabonis.

Hope we get in on that action, bawse. 

AYYYYE Lethal, ur boy! Truth be told I love this guy too. Just a team guy and brings wins. I dunno about Collins for Sabonis though as Collins seems to be a better fit with Trae. I dunno here...would you all do:

Sabonis +1st

Collins

?

21 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I'll be open to trading our pick lightly protected for Sabonis but that's not a good fit for Collins either. Maybe Collins for Sabonis?

Can we get a first back. Man though I can’t see them breaking up this NashAmare PaytonKemp thing that would be a huge risk and take some gigantic Allen Iverson balls 🏀 if I may.

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

AYYYYE Lethal, ur boy! Truth be told I love this guy too. Just a team guy and brings wins. I dunno about Collins for Sabonis though as Collins seems to be a better fit with Trae. I dunno here...would you all do:

Sabonis +1st

Collins

?

Can we get a first back. Man though I can’t see them breaking up this NashAmare PaytonKemp thing that would be a huge risk and take some gigantic Allen Iverson balls 🏀 if I may.

I would trade a top 5 protected 1st for Sabonis. He is worth it. No offense, but unless we get Wiseman, our center of the future is not in this draft and we might as well role with Bruno. Sabonis and Collins just isn't a good defensive tandem. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Sabonis and Collins just isn't a good defensive tandem. 

Good point. Even if the “new nba” is headed toward offensive skilled bigs? 

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Sabonis is the perfect fit for Trae/Kev/Cam and Hunter. 

🤤 stop it supes...or gimme a napkin I gotta wipe up. 

I usually try and scoff off Collins trades but the name Sabonis stopped me in my tracks. Sometimes I actually think I overvalue him because of his dad but then I watch him over and over and he’s a trustworthy player and a coach’s dream. 

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Good point. Even if the “new nba” is headed toward offensive skilled bigs? 

🤤 stop it supes...or gimme a napkin I gotta wipe up. 

I like Sabonis A LOT. I just don't like his defense. You are asking us to always play 3 questionable defenders at all times and two of them are bigs. Even if Trae isn't questionable, those two bigs are. Neither have wingspans close to Cam or Hunter.