• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How Badly do we need a Center???

Diesel

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I usually try and scoff off Collins trades but the name Sabonis stopped me in my tracks. Sometimes I actually think I overvalue him because of his dad but then I watch him over and over and he’s a trustworthy player and a coach’s dream. 

I like Collins as much as anyone but getting a starting level PF is easy to do. We can get someone like Taj Gibson but finding a center as good as Sabonis who is a legit starter, maybe not as much upsides is hard to do. 

That said, I would rather move a pick any day over legit potential. If we want to move Collins, let's decide that during the draft, not for Sabonis. 

Edited by NBASupes

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

That said, I would rather move a pick any day over legit potential. If we want to move Collins, let's decide that during the draft, not for Sabonis. 

So the offer is on the table now, you pull or wait for next draft?

Per Lowe BSPN. His predictions..

Turner's shooting makes him a bit more malleable than Sabonis -- perhaps with a wider trade market. He could fit alongside other athletic bigs even if those bigs profile (like Turner) as center-ish: John Collins, Bam Adebayo, Zion WilliamsonJaren Jackson Jr.Some of those guys have enough potential as shooters that their teams might look at Sabonis, too. Charlotte needs big men. Washington needs everything. What do the frontcourts of the future look like in San Antonio and Oklahoma City?

Other suitors will emerge for both. Boston wing for Indiana big is the most obvious trade structure on the board, but finding the right match is harder than you'd think.

If Indiana and Sabonis reach an impasse in extension talks, I'd favor Sabonis moving at some point -- maybe as late as next season.

2 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I like Sabonis but I am not giving them Collins straight up for him. That is just swapping one bad defender for another and Collins is miles better offensively.

I agree. It makes no sense to do anything but for a draft pick. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I agree. It makes no sense to do anything but for a draft pick. 

Getting Collins for offense and having Myles for defense would pretty finish out the Pacers lineup; provided Oladipo comes back 100%. And even if not, they would still be a tougher out in the playoffs.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

I'll be open to trading our pick lightly protected for Sabonis but that's not a good fit for Collins either. Maybe Collins for Sabonis?

No.

Sabonis isn't miles better on defense than Collins and Collins' offense is superior to Sabonis so a 1 for 1 swap is out of the question.

Getting Sabonis would be interesting though.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

3 teamer:

(I proposed a TP trade for Sabonis last year)

Hawks get Sabonis

Pacers get Taurean Prince

Nets get their 2020 1st back.

Edit: never mind - Pacers fans say Indy needs a PF.

I wish we could get Myles Turner from them ! He’d be a perfect fit next to collins!

too bad Indy ain’t stupid lol

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

3 teamer:

(I proposed a TP trade for Sabonis last year)

Hawks get Sabonis

Pacers get Taurean Prince

Nets get their 2020 1st back.

They are stuck between a rock and a hard place now. They have several players making decent money and at the same time, do not want Sabonis to go away for nothing. I don't think he is a good fit with Myles;. There will be a lot of player movement as the NBA jockey's around the impact of the China fiasco.

The Hawks are in a great place with three big contracts coming off the books next year; and a cap reduction will impact us the least of any team I know of. We could easily move one of them and not even blink an eye about next year.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 2

I'm not overreacting to a few preaseason games.  Alex Len will be fine as a starter this season, if healthy.  

I believe Nerlens Noel will be available for trade in December.  The Hawks should jump all over that if they are trying to make the playoffs. If not, just ride with what we have and call it a day.  James Wiseman would be a dream fit with John Collins, based on defense alone.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I'm not overreacting to a few preaseason games.  Alex Len will be fine as a starter this season, if healthy.  

I believe Nerlens Noel will be available for trade in December.  The Hawks should jump all over that if they are trying to make the playoffs. If not, just ride with what we have and call it a day.  James Wiseman would be a dream fit with John Collins, based on defense alone.

If we’re able to get Wiseman that would be great but that also means horrible ass season 

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't think the Pacers have the pieces for us to trade for Sabonis other than Parker. If we want him, we can just get him in FA. 

I agree ...I’m actually good on sabonis. It’s turner or nothing to me from the pacers.

2 minutes ago, JTB said:

If we’re able to get Wiseman that would be great but that also means horrible ass season 

I agree ...I’m actually good on sabonis. It’s turner or nothing to me from the pacers.

I'm thinking more luck of the lottery situation like LA this year.  I mean i'm like 100% sure it wont' happen because you know ATL sports and everything but I see us finishing anywhere from 8 - 12 and hoping for good luck in the lottery.

Some mock drafts have Wiseman going like the 7th pick, btw.

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't think the Pacers have the pieces for us to trade for Sabonis other than Parker. If we want him, we can just get him in FA. 

Exactly.

We're the envy of the league next off-season. And yet, I anticipate Schlenk will make almost zero moves, keeping his options open for OS 2021.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Another not so small issue, Sabonis wants to get paid. That's the whole reason he's the block, his representation is clearly asking for the max.

I don't know about the max, but either way we can't pay Sabonis and Collins. I don't expect us to ever have a premium center with this core unless we draft one. 

• Like 1