• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Just finished breaking down almost every team's rookies preseason games. My Take:

NBASupes

1 hour ago, txsting said:

Culver is looking fine to me, playing better than say, Reddish.

He played very well yesterday. He didn't in game 1. I made this thread yesterday afternoon. He played in the evening. That said, he didn't look as good as Cam in combo of both games for me. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
On 10/11/2019 at 10:26 PM, bleachkit said:

Zion going right at Gobert and scoring with ease. He's a beast.

Someone laughed at my suggestion Zion could average 30 ppg on 60% shooting. Well he's averaging 31 pp36m on 71% shooting so far in preseason. Most 20-year-old players you hear things like, "it's still early he'll adapt to the NBA game with time. It's just preseason, give him time" with Zion it's more like "wait until the NBA learns how to guard him". Like I said, he's going to be a generational player no question about it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Atlantaholic said:

Someone laughed at my suggestion Zion could average 30 ppg on 60% shooting. Well he's averaging 31 pp36m on 71% shooting so far in preseason. Most 20-year-old players you hear things like, "it's still early he'll adapt to the NBA game with time. It's just preseason, give him time" with Zion it's more like "wait until the NBA learns how to guard him". Like I said, he's going to be a generational player no question about it. 

I tried to dismiss Zion, mostly out of sour grapes because we missed him by one ping pong ball, but he is special. There's no denying it.

9 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Agreed.

It's not even close after 3 games right now. Culver in the last two has been playing his game and well and Cam has been as well and poorly. You can't shoot 3/10 on open three pointers. 

For perspective:

Len is shooting 38% on open threes.

Damian Jones is shooting 50% on open threes. 

You must be able to play your game and play it well. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It's not even close after 3 games right now. Culver in the last two has been playing his game and well and Cam has been as well and poorly. You can't shoot 3/10 on open three pointers. 

For perspective:

Len is shooting 38% on open threes.

Damian Jones is shooting 50% on open threes. 

You must be able to play your game and play it well. 

I still like both of them very much. I think we have a Trae/Luka thing here with these two where they will both thrive. I don’t put any stock into preseason games. Just try to see how players move on the court and if it’s fit for a pro game.

Ya I saw the first game Supes where they played the warriors, Culver went 6/17 or 6/18, he was still making the right reads and passes. Killer Cam is also feeling his way. Nothing surprising I guess.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I still like both of them very much. I think we have a Trae/Luka thing here with these two where they will both thrive. I don’t put any stock into preseason games. Just try to see how players move on the court and if it’s fit for a pro game.

Ya I saw the first game Supes where they played the warriors, Culver went 6/17 or 6/18, he was still making the right reads and passes. Killer Cam is also feeling his way. Nothing surprising I guess.

Right now on offense, Cam is Riley Freeman. Everything looks great except the execution. 

• Haha 3