• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The NBA requiring teams stand

Vol4ever

• Moderators

Respect is a two-way street and somethings are more important than profit. When the Chinese government starts treating their citizens like human beings then I'll start to respect them. The NBA should boycott China. Screw China and their oppressive government. Morey was right to tweet what he did and I hope the protesters in HK keep communism out! Americans could learn a thing or two from Hong Kong.  They are fighting for rights that Americans are ready to throw away.

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Respect is a two-way street and somethings are more important than profit. When the Chinese government starts treating their citizens like human beings then I'll start to respect them. The NBA should boycott China. Screw China and their oppressive government. Morey was right to tweet what he did and I hope the protesters in HK keep communism out! Americans could learn a thing or two from Hong Kong.  They are fighting for rights that Americans are ready to throw away.

Well I agree 100% with your post.   The issue is if you are going to head over to China in the first place (they shouldn't have) you cant disrespect them in their country.  Right?

2 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

Well I agree 100% with your post.   The issue is if you are going to head over to China in the first place (they shouldn't have) you cant disrespect them in their country.  Right?

Difference being in the US, we have the RIGHT not to stand for a flag or not. In China not so much.  You could literally get shot if you don't. Our Country isn't perfect by far, but I thank god every day I was born here. Hoping we can improve as a nation together as one and stop letting all the petty things drive people apart. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

For the Chinese flag?  Well imo it should be respect for the country you're in.  Likewise standing for the US flag should be respect.  

My .02

I bet the Chinese government feels the same way as you about standing for the flag.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I bet the Chinese government feels the same way as you about standing for the flag.

Joel Meyers ur boy is on with Antonio Daniels for Zion’s 3rd game on NBATV.

ps I told you kg that Zion was a Jordan type, real deal. 

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Jordan Crawford or Deandre Jordan?

Hehe

Kg you said look into Thomas Bryant. He’s 3-14. 😆 oh preseason is fun because I know you’ll come back to this when he has like a 20/20 game and say, What’s that? 😆 ur so predictable. 🤦‍♀️ 

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, kg01 said:

I believe standing for the flag is a respect issue for those that died for freedom of the country.  No one should be made to stand, it should be respect for those who gave their life.  Of course those who have had bullets flying by their head have a different view of the flag while others that have not been in that environment may not understand.  

• Moderators
19 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

As the NBA, if you are looking to expand your business in their country, then no, you cannot disrespect them just because your values differ from theirs. It's kinda like how people treat a neighbor's house differently than their own. You can't throw your feet up on their coffee table just because that's how you do your own coffee table.

For me personally, I'd never look to go into business whose values and ethics differed from my own. It's a "guilty by association" instance in my opinion. You can say you're against something, but if you associate with someone that actively participates in the active, then are you really against it?

Profit-wise, NBA should shut up and put an end to the whole issue. Ethics-wise, the NBA should pull out of China and end all involvement with them.

• Like 1