• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Preseason Game #3: Hawks at Heat 10/14/19

JayBirdHawk

20 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I miss BazeGaze, he was a dumbass in terms of decision making, a streaky shooter, shaky handles and he didn't always play good defense but he was always in the right position, he knew when to close out and when not to. His transition defense was good. He had an understanding of help side defense understanding the scouting report. I miss him. 

I miss Prince and Dedmon too

Baze? OH hell no..lol

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I am not going to let these preseason games worry me. Come the regular season, if we still do not have Huerter and Crabbe contributing, I will be worried about how we will start the season. In the plus/minus: Trae 0, Collins -2, Len -3, Vince -7. Everyone else was in double figures minus and all three of our rooks had a horrible night.

Miami on the other hand came out firing with the best parts of their rotation and it showed. Herro can flat out score but I doubt he does anything else consistently; especially like tonight and his five boards.

HUnter wasnt horrible. His shot just wasnt falling..IT happens

• Like 2

11 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think we have our own short armed two guard already - Huerter.  

I wonder how long he'll be out. I hope this isn't like John Collins last year missing the 1st month of the season.

Exactly..lol

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member

Through three preseason games, the Hawks have been abysmal when Young rests. As the most recent example, Young went to the bench with 8:29 left in the second quarter with the Hawks leading 38-37. He re-entered the game with 3:19 left in the quarter with the Hawks trailing 53-40. In the third quarter, Young left the game with the Hawks trailing 64-51. Not even three minutes later, the Hawks were down 19.

In the second quarter alone, the bench unit was a combined minus-41. The roster construction of the bench unit is worrisome because it’s unclear how that group is going to be able to hold its own offensively. The Hawks ran out a bench lineup Monday night that consisted of Evan Turner, DeAndre’ Bembry, De’Andre Hunter, Jabari Parker and Damian Jones. There’s zero spacing with this unit. It should get better when Allen Crabbe and Kevin Huerter return to full health, but even then, the bench unit without Young is likely going to struggle on most nights.

About the Trae/JC PnR/Lob!

John Collins, who’s arguably the best player on the roster, needs Young to get his buckets. Pierce mentioned before the start of the season he figured teams were going to scheme against Young and Collins in the pick-and-roll, and they have. There haven’t been any of the alley-oops that became so customary last season between the duo.

Turnovers!

The Hawks have been brutal with turnovers through three games, and a lot of them are because the chemistry is still a work in progress and players are still learning where they’re supposed to be on the floor. But having 29, 27 and 25 turnovers in each respective game is not great. Young’s seven turnovers Monday were the fewest he has had in a game.

• Like 1

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

From what I seen from Bembry and Turner early on. Is it fair to say we should let Bembry be the PG then?

You know my views on Turner.  He needs to show more.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

From what I seen from Bembry and Turner early on. Is it fair to say we should let Bembry be the PG then?

I'd be ok with Bembry at point over ET.

I don't even remember seeing ET offer anything in his 1st game.