• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Preseason Game #3: Hawks at Heat 10/14/19

JayBirdHawk

10 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Btw Steve Kerr commented on how Curry will have the best individual season of his career. Without another shooter like Klay and Durant gone, this should be just plain fun to watch. Throw the box and one on 🍛 

Allow me to translate this one ...

"Yeah I'mma let Curry jus' jak up shots all year.  And, when we lose, I'll just let y'all blame injuries so's my coaching skills won't be under fire.  'Cause, ya know I've out-talented everybody the last 4+ years so people really don't know how good a coach I am." - S. Kerr

ETA: Apparently the Hawks preview isn't yet available on demand, btw.

Edited by kg01
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Allow me to translate this one ...

"Yeah I'mma let Curry jus' jak up shots all year.  And, when we lose, I'll just let y'all blame injuries so's my coaching skills won't be under fire.  'Cause, ya know I've out-talented everybody the last 4+ years so people really don't know how good a coach I am." - S. Kerr

ETA: Apparently the Hawks preview isn't yet available on demand, btw.

Wtf! It’s not there. On demand in the nba radio 📻 app? Huh 🤔 

Ya, Steve Kerr feels like he has earned a coaching pass for the next decade and rightfully so...well I mean he was at the right place at the right time. ☀️ even shines on a dog 🐕 a$$ some days..anybody can win the lottery.( mind you 3 times with the roster)

I can’t believe I used to actually think his insights were insightful? 🤔 Kinda like it would be now with Brent Barry but then he gets hired by Ainge and the Celts. I’d be like what a douche I hated him. Lol.

But truth be told I was a Cavs and Kerr hater when he was a spot up shooter in the league you until he went on to add some much to his game oh wait he never did and rode the coat tails of the likes of Daugherty, Nance, Price, MJ, Pippen. Whatever he’s a 🤡.

1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

Hunter's shot looks so much better than I thought it was. Yes, his release is a little lumbering and slow but with his great size and length he can still get it up pretty easily even if a defender is running at him. Needs to work on his drives though. 

Agreed he’s about 37% more smoother on the court than I envisioned in my mind when he hit the pro game. I was comparing him to the likes of Buck Williams not that I’m wrong on that but in a sf body. He’s lean, he’s quick, this kid might be special. Like really special. Broken record and too early I know but we did well in the lottery, really well.

Podcast, ETC.

On the squawk, go to Forums, then topic listing.

Scroll way down to news section.

Pull up Atlanta Hawks news.

Several good reads there plus the way to get the podcasts.

Easy done.  You just have to know where to look!

:smug:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Agreed he’s about 37% more smoother on the court than I envisioned in my mind when he hit the pro game. I was comparing him to the likes of Buck Williams not that I’m wrong on that but in a sf body. He’s lean, he’s quick, this kid might be special. Like really special. Broken record and too early I know but we did well in the lottery, really well.

I think he can be a special role-player on offense (efficient 15-17 ppg), and I still think he can be an all-defensive type of player. If that's what you mean by special than I'm on board, but if you mean the next Scottie Pippen or a perennial All-Star... I think it's a little far fetched based on what I've seen so far at least. His ball-handling and finishing/driving with the ball are all quite poor for an NBA SF. I'm sure he'll improve but I doubt he'll ever become amazing at either of those two things and it's pretty hard to envision him being a top player at his position without being exceptionally good at either. 

Edited by Atlantaholic

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Atlantaholic said:

I think he can be a special role-player on offense (efficient 15-17 ppg), His ball-handling and finishing/driving with the ball are all quite poor for an NBA SF. I'm sure he'll improve but I doubt he'll ever become amazing at either of those two things and it's pretty hard to envision him being a top player at his position without being exceptionally good at either. 

LOL!  Hunter will eventually be an All star player not a role player!  LOL!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Atlantaholic said:

I think he can be a special role-player on offense (efficient 15-17 ppg), and I still think he can be an all-defensive type of player. If that's what you mean by special than I'm on board, but if you mean the next Scottie Pippen or a perennial All-Star... I think it's a little far fetched based on what I've seen so far at least. His ball-handling and finishing/driving with the ball are all quite poor for an NBA SF. I'm sure he'll improve but I doubt he'll ever become amazing at either of those two things and it's pretty hard to envision him being a top player at his position without being exceptionally good at either. 

No I meant the former. Like a superstar special type of player. I was actually going to mention Pippen. He has some Pippenesque attributes.

2 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

His touch around the rim seems fine to me. He's not super explosive there but he's got length and strength.

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Wtf! It’s not there. On demand in the nba radio 📻 app? Huh 🤔 

Ya, Steve Kerr feels like he has earned a coaching pass for the next decade and rightfully so...well I mean he was at the right place at the right time. ☀️ even shines on a dog 🐕 a$$ some days..anybody can win the lottery.( mind you 3 times with the roster)

I can’t believe I used to actually think his insights were insightful? 🤔 Kinda like it would be now with Brent Barry but then he gets hired by Ainge and the Celts. I’d be like what a douche I hated him. Lol.

But truth be told I was a Cavs and Kerr hater when he was a spot up shooter in the league you until he went on to add some much to his game oh wait he never did and rode the coat tails of the likes of Daugherty, Nance, Price, MJ, Pippen. Whatever he’s a 🤡.

He deserves a lot of credit for their ante-Durant success though.

I'm gonna love this team. Getting after it better defensively.

Herro can flat out ball man.

Edit: Herro is on fire but Trae still looks bette defensively. Gotta get better coming around screens though.

Edited by TheFuzz