• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Preseason Game #3: Hawks at Heat 10/14/19

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

last year we had Prince/Carter/Plumlee/Bazemore/young and looked better than this

Of course we did....again, there's something to be said for experience....however, we may have 'looked' better but the results during the first 20 games 4 wins, 16 losses really says otherwise.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Of course we did....again, there's something to be said for experience....however, we may have 'looked' better but the results during the first 20 games 4 wins, 16 losses really says otherwise.

They weren't getting blown out like this

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Yeah we won most of our games without him last year.

Hunter’s already better, just needs a few more games to get into the groove.

• Like 1

Positive about Cam, other than those drives into two defenders which lead into turnovers and a block, he is getting open looks and wide open.

The negative: His defense from what I seen in the 2nd half was shit.

His shot wasn't close even though he was open. These are Bazemoreesque bricks. 

He is too stiff when driving into traffic which is the same EXACT issue he had at Duke. He is not turning the ball over on dribbles anymore but he is wide open, he didn't in college in that situation either. 

He has to improve.

For Hunter, his drive and dish was on point. He was dishing but everyone was bricking so it lead to nothing much. 

He also showed nice aggressiveness on the ball and picked his spots well and Miami took him serious and his efficiency suffered because of it. He didn't play on offensively on the stat sheet but this was the first team I seen show him respect of the preseason. That's a good thing.

The negative is he didn't handle it all that well. His decision making was iffy. His shots was contested and he turned the ball over trying to do too much. 

His defense was ass which was unlike game 1 and 2. We just couldn't handle them in transition and in movement. They gave us fits. He will really have to work on his defense outside of man to man which he is good at. The rest is a major work in progress. All in all, these are rookies, this is normal for the preseason. 

4 minutes ago, terrell said:

Huerter wont miss those open shots Cam was missing tonight. Keep that in mind......................

I doubt they will give him as many open looks. Generally, Huerter is our most respected player other than Trae on the squad. Teams gameplan for him. He generally only gets 2-3 wide open looks a game. Cam is averaging 5 a game right now while shooting them poorly. This sucks because we know Cam is a bad contested shooter because of his low release point but he was one of the better wide open shooters in the NCAAs last year. His wide open numbers were good and had elite volume. 

If Cam can't made open or wide open shots, he is offensively useless.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

They weren't getting blown out like this

You a definitely misrembering, because I remember quite a few blowouts.

Game 1: 107-126

Game 2: 117-131

How can we forget these two doozies: 114-136, 115-146.

How many games it was over by the half or we get blown out in 3rd?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Alrighty then!  Can we stop with the experiments now.  How many labs have we blown up so far?  I'm strating to think that these turnovers are going now where.  We look like we can't rebound or make a simple hand off pass.  Players are trying to do things they are incapable of so Coaches...You might want to step in and do a little coaching to put this thing back together kinda quickly.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I doubt they will give him as many open looks. Generally, Huerter is our most respected player other than Trae on the squad. Teams gameplan for him. He generally only gets 2-3 wide open looks a game. Cam is averaging 5 a game right now while shooting them poorly. This sucks because we know Cam is a bad contested shooter because of his low release point but he was one of the better wide open shooters in the NCAAs last year. His wide open numbers were good and had elite volume. 

If Cam can't made open or wide open shots, he is offensively useless.

This is why I was iffy on Reddish pre draft..I wanted HUnter and Culver. UNfortunately, the lottery screwed us.....Hell get better though. Cant get much worse...lol

I just hope this wasn't the dress rehearsal Pierce was referring too.   Cause this performance was booty.  Mainly because once Jones came in, the lane opened up due to his cluelessness and no ONE could hit a shot outside of Trae. 

Cam - I'll say this, because I am a Cam stan.  Cam doesn't look nearly as bad as Huerter did last preseason.  He is shooting slightly worse I think, but Huerter was missing much more during preseason than the regular saeason.  Let's be patient and give him time. It's just preseason. I guess everyone's panicking because Herro looks like an allstar out there, but there have been a plenty of preseason allstars to go on to do nothing during the regular season.  I'm not saying that's Herro because he looked legit. 

Hunter - I still liked what I say.  He doesn't seem too sped up on there.  Just has to hit his shots too. 

Huerter - This team is missing Huerter really badly.  Cam isn't starting and our rotations will be better once he returns.

Jones - Uh I will give the young man time. He hasn't even played an NBA season worth of games, but he has to do better. I would rather watch Bruno struggle than Jones. 

Someone asked why does the team look so terrible.  New players, new offensive plays, and youth.  That simple.  We all know this will take time and hopefully Huerter returning will add some extra offensive punch. 

Trae - He's still our little superstar, but I would liket he turnovers to be around 4 to 5 against the Knicks. 

John - He looks a little off this preseason. I hope he's not putting too much pressure on himself. Is this a contract year for him (eligible for an extension?)

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You a definitely misrembering, because I remember quite a few blowouts.

Game 1: 107-126

Game 2: 117-131

How can we forget these two doozies: 114-136, 115-146.

How many games it was over by the half or we get blown out in 3rd?

You see I told you...Those were only 20 point loses not 40 point loses!😎

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

In all fairness, we have a new squad this year. Bembry and Carter are like our only returning players that was on our bench last year and not starting now

Yep. Gonna be nights like this unfortunately..

5 minutes ago, terrell said:

This is why I was iffy on Reddish pre draft..I wanted HUnter and Culver. UNfortunately, the lottery screwed us.....Hell get better though. Cant get much worse...lol

This is what Cam is good at, it's that simple, you got to make your open and wide open looks. If you can't, you got to contribute in other ways. Like Bembry, he is always cutting and he does a good job finishing. 

If we drafted Culver, he would need to play his game and play it well. 

Same for all players. Right now, Cam is able to play his game. 5 open much less wide open shots a game. You really can't put a price on that. You live for guys to get those looks especially if our spacing in general is terrible which it is in general right now. 

I don't know how else to frame it. Make your open and wide open shots. This is what used to rage me about Bazemore but Cam is actually good at this, so I don't know why he is struggling. 

Herro is hardly getting good looks and his bustin ass right know.

Edited by NBASupes