• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Preseason Game #3: Hawks at Heat 10/14/19

JayBirdHawk

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This is what Cam is good at, it's that simple, you got to make your open and wide open looks. If you can't, you got to contribute in other ways. Like Bembry, he is always cutting and he does a good job finishing. 

If we drafted Culver, he would need to play his game and play it well. 

Same for all players. Right now, Cam is able to play his game. 5 open much less wide open shots a game. You really can't put a price on that. You live for guys to get those looks especially if our spacing in general is terrible which it is in general right now. 

I don't know how else to frame it. Make your open and wide open shots. This is what used to rage me about Bazemore but Cam is actually good at this, so I don't know why he is struggling. 

Herro is hardly getting good looks and his bustin ass right know.

I like Cam, I just knew it was going to take him some time..Hopefully he lives up to his potential..

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

There is a reason he is being left wide open.

He is getting into the right spots. He ain't just open to be open like Ben Simmons or Shaq at the 3pt line. He is making good offensive movement reads which is a good thing. Both him and Hunter being doing that all preseason. At this point it's expected. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He is getting into the right spots. He ain't just open to be open like Ben Simmons or Shaq at the 3pt line. He is making good offensive movement reads which is a good thing. Both him and Hunter being doing that all preseason. At this point it's expected. 

Give it up my brother, that dude ain't ready period!

I am ready for Kevin to come back but that's not going to magically fix our transition defense, defensive communication, and big men defense. 

It would help spacing, shooting and defensive positioning but our man to man defense which isn't bad right now is much worse with Kevin than the others. 

We still aren't run good plays either. This vanilla shit we are doing on offense is not working. We can't get John any good looks and no one respects Alex at the three point line and his screens suck, Jones screens are better 

Edited by NBASupes

13 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Give it up my brother, that dude ain't ready period!

[NOPE.  Check that impulse, Supes.  Don't let your frustration at the game boil over on posters who are less optimistic than you.] 

Don't tell me what I can and can't say. If you don't like what I have to say, just say you don't agree. 

Cam looks like the same guy at Duke. Inconsistent, not a great handle, just not impactful enough on the floor. Reminds of when we drafted Marvin Williams, a guy that like Reddish had prototypical size and a nice shooting stroke, but his UNC tape showed he just wasn't good enough. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Cam looks like the same guy at Duke. Inconsistent, not a great handle, just not impactful enough on the floor. Reminds of when we drafted Marvin Williams, a guy that like Reddish had prototypical size and a nice shooting stroke, but his UNC tape showed he just wasn't good enough. 

Exactly!

Just now, bleachkit said:

As a Duke superfan, I disagree. Cam was good for open and wide open shots. Even the data backed it. That was what he was good at. 

Marvin didn't do anything in the NBA that he didn't show in college. He wasn't worse or better. He was what he was. 

If Cam is what he is. He would be shooting much better as it's open and wide open shots.  He is playing in space. That's his strengths. If you can't play to your strengths, you will be in trouble 

Where’s the ball movement? Where’s the Trae-to-John PnR action? That was game 3, time to start installing and running that. “Gotta do that, Hi!” ~ Dot/Raising Arizona

• Like 1

Strength is Cam's biggest issue. He needs to get stronger, he's losing his balance way too much and when he goes into finish he bounces off everyone like they're body builders.

Hunter didn't shoot well today but I like what I saw from him as a whole. His handle and vision are better than advertised. Multiple times this game he put guys on his hip and made some nice reads in the pick and roll. He's just not a catch and shoot guy, he can do a little of everything.

• Like 3

Just now, hazer said:

Where’s the ball movement? Where’s the Trae-to-John PnR action? That was game 3, time to start installing and running that. “Gotta do that, Hi!” ~ Dot/Raising Arizona

We aren't running any good plays. We are playing vanilla sets. Almost like a NFL preseason football game. 

Miami was running real sets. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Marvin24Williams said:

Strength is Cam's biggest issue. He needs to get stronger, he's losing his balance way too much and when he goes into finish he bounces off everyone like they're body builders.

Hunter didn't shoot well today but I like what I saw from him as a whole. His handle and vision are better than advertised. Multiple times this game he put guys on his hip and made some nice reads in the pick and roll. He's just not a catch and shoot guy, he can do a little of everything.

That's an issue we saw in college. It was worse there but I think it's the same. He hardly is working for his shots because he is always open unlike there. He is getting into space easier than everyone else on the team but when he is in traffic, I see the same Cam Reddish from last season. Just more aggressive on the drive is all. The results are the same which is exactly what I expected to be honest. That will take years to fix from what I've seen and even then, it's never going to be a strength. He will have to add moves like Traes floater to counter it and that takes time.