• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Based on our roster right now--What is our death lineup?

Wurider05

No, but I have rhe lineup that we ahould focus on

Young/Huerter/Hunter/Collins/Fernando.  Sixyh man: Reddish. All in on player development, that is where we are. Problem is some expected to win this year, cannot be more wrong. Some are disapointed because we still make mistakes, expectations management is called.

• Like 1

Death lineups are normally considered “a teams most explosive offensive unit that can be on the court and put up a helluva amount of points”

to me and probably to most our best offense we can absolutely put on the court happens to be our best small ball lineup too....

pg-Trae

sg-Huerter

sf-Cam

pf-Hunter

c-Collins 

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Whatever our best lineup will be I'm pretty certain it will include Huerter, who we have unfortunately not seen. I like the small strides Bembry is making into etching out a viable role for us, but Huert figures to be a much, much better player overall for us than Bembry. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
On 10/13/2019 at 12:19 PM, JTB said:

Death lineups are normally considered “a teams most explosive offensive unit that can be on the court and put up a helluva amount of points”

to me and probably to most our best offense we can absolutely put on the court happens to be our best small ball lineup too....

pg-Trae

sg-Huerter

sf-Cam

pf-Hunter

c-Collins 

We all speculated this would be a fun lineup. I'm not sure how viable it is just yet, however one thing that my eyes on preseason have confirmed is that Hunter can absolutely hang at the 4 for significant stretches if we choose to deploy him there. His length and frame are impressive. 

Edited by Atlantaholic

3 hours ago, AHF said:

I think most teams don't have a lineup worthy of being called a death lineup.  Don't think we will have one this season.

Every lineup will probably be a death lineup.  For our opponents.  We could really use some players like Dedmon, Prince and Bazemore.  Oh wait...

• Premium Member
On 10/13/2019 at 1:19 PM, JTB said:

pg-Trae

sg-Huerter

sf-Cam

pf-Hunter

c-Collins 

I was going to post the exact thing. Death lineups are about hard to stop on offense. That's what I consider our death lineup as well but it isn't our best lineup because Collins is way better at PF than at C.

• Like 1

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Every lineup will probably be a death lineup.  For our opponents.  We could really use some players like Dedmon, Prince and Bazemore.  Oh wait...

We will absolutely lose more games than if we had rolled over the vets from last year but I think the goal this year is developing the roster and our young players.  I get the logic of devoting our wing minutes to Huert, Cam and Hunter to develop them.  Also think Dedmon's contract was rich, especially for a team that I think Schlenk sees as a lottery team again this season.

We need to keep making the kind of developmental strides we saw from our young guys last year.  Baze and Prince had no future with the team.

• Like 2

On 10/15/2019 at 5:36 PM, AHF said:

We will absolutely lose more games than if we had rolled over the vets from last year but I think the goal this year is developing the roster and our young players.  I get the logic of devoting our wing minutes to Huert, Cam and Hunter to develop them.  Also think Dedmon's contract was rich, especially for a team that I think Schlenk sees as a lottery team again this season.

We need to keep making the kind of developmental strides we saw from our young guys last year.  Baze and Prince had no future with the team.

Evidently you must be certain that Hunter and Reddish will be better.  Not particularly impressed so far.

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Watchman said:

Evidently you must be certain that Hunter and Reddish will be better.  Not particularly impressed so far.

I'm certain Baze will never be a quality starter.  With Prince, we had several years of watching him and the GM decided he wasn't good enough for the future.  I'll take Hunter over either one right now without blinking an eye.  Cam is more of a project but I wouldn't trade Cam for either of them.  Cam is a worthwhile gamble.  It is way too early to be certain of much with rookies.  They haven't even played a real minute yet.

• Like 2