• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Preseason Game #4: Hawks at kNicks 10/16/19

JayBirdHawk

44 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

John can't be unstoppable in the paint if Len and his man is in ther clogging it up.

Trae can't get in the paint if both Collin's and Len's defenders are in the paint.

BINGO.   That's my fear.......that last year's 36% on 2.5 a/g was an aberration or just a fluke and has a double or triple impact on this year's team - making Len, JC, and maybe even Trae less productive (although I don't really worry much about Trae).  

• Like 2

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Watched the game this morning as I was on the road yesterday.

First off my apologies to Bembry. YIKES! That guy gets after it like it’s nobody’s business on D with a bit of improvement on O as well, made a nice couple dishes for easy buckets.

Hunter is as solid a rookie as I’ve seen. On one jumper he made in the first I could have sworn it was Cam but it was Hunter with the smoothness.

VC- 14/16 points for us are you kidding me. He’s a 3 point ball machine you feed it to him there’s it’s going up.

Cam has crazy talent and moves with ease on the court. Having said that he needs to shore up his core and overall strength. 

Trae is an absolute MVP candidate. He’s a bad bad man. He’s as smart as they come. That reverse layup was magnificent.

Overall I was quite impressed with our effort and expect to this regular season games to look more like this than the previous ones.

LETS GO HAWKS!!!

ps Lloyd has clearly been working on ball denial with these kids. I loved watching it.

Agree on Trae (of course).  The dude is still seriously overlooked.  

I love Bembry but not sure why he gets a pass on missing/blocked 10 shots at the rim.  Hustle  is great but at some point you have to be under control enough to convert.  Still I love the guy and think he'll have a big year.

Cam is an NBA player.   He's green but he'll get there.   

We need Heurter back and we need some bigs.   Collins/Len/Carter/Bruno is not a great frontcourt rotation right now.   

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

Trae's zero turnovers was a huge step forward and his defense looks markedly improved over last year. 

It was, indeed, marked. Even when he was guarding within 15 feet of the basket, he was disruptive. Encouraging.

My buddy and pal Bruno looked like a freshman at Maryland, thinking more than playing, and just not showing the aggression streak that made him so appealing after his sophomore year.

• Like 1

I’m looking forward to seeing Trae’s advanced metrics this season if he continues playing with the same defensive effort. I’m sure they’ll never be good, but everyone always brings up how he was “literally” the worst defender in the league last season. If he can just get closer to the middle than the bottom then that would be huge.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I actually agree with everything the last poster, who I'm not on speaking terms with, said.

Bruno looks like a guy, if he ever started chewing bubble gum and walking at the same time, can be really effective for us.  He's just really green right now.  Hope he's a fast learner.

"Green" is also how I'd describe Cam (to steal a bit from my pal @macdaddy).  Like Heurt last season, he's coming in late and didn't benefit from SL and a lot of practice(s).  If he can show growth like KH did, ooo-wee, we cookin' wit grease. (:Nique: "Oh you jus' gon' steal my line, kay-g?")

That’s funny for a variety of things but the Bruno bubblegum thing is significant. Was it just me or was he fumbling around with some really bad hands 🖐 last night. Strength is all good and dandy but you gotta have a pair of mitts 🧤 to go with it. I don’t expect C Webb hands but if he collected a few balls 🏀 he had a few dunks.

Again it’s preseason but last night seemed to be the best one by far as we got a glimpse of each dude and what they bring to the table in flashes. 

It’ll be interesting to see what they do tonight against a team in the Cavs with no identity...yet at least. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

That’s funny for a variety of things but the Bruno bubblegum thing is significant. Was it just me or was he fumbling around with some really bad hands 🖐 last night. Strength is all good and dandy but you gotta have a pair of mitts 🧤 to go with it. I don’t expect C Webb hands but if he collected a few balls 🏀 he had a few dunks.

Again it’s preseason but last night seemed to be the best one by far as we got a glimpse of each dude and what they bring to the table in flashes. 

It’ll be interesting to see what they do tonight against a team in the Cavs with no identity...yet at least. 

:thinking:...we playing da Bulls.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, kg01 said:

Am I the only one that came away from that wanting French Frank in our guard rotation?

Just as a defense/toughness guy.  Bembry can be that for us but he's gotta stop tryna showcase his offensive offense.

No, you are not the only one.

Their was a rumor last year around the trade deadline regarding NYK looking for a trade with Atlanta. TS passed, not sure what the ask was though.

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Is anyone worried about John Collins?

6 hours ago, gurpilo said:

I am and a lot, seems we had one play and teams have figured out how to defend it. I think he will not be near the 20/10 guy we were forecasting.

6 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

I wouldn't say 'worried' is the right word. Maybe, "mildly concerned".  And it's not that I think JC is going to regress, it's more that I'm just not sure I see how he's going to flourish without a 5 that can stretch the floor and provide spacing.  I'm more concerned about how Len / Jones / Fernando will impact JC than anything else. I thought Len could step in and duplicate what Dedmon did last year but he's been garbage so far for spacing. 

5 hours ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

I'm not. He's got more talent around him now, so he's not going to get as many opportunities as he did last season. He'll get his when the opportunity arises. He had a few put backs and I believe a 3-pointer last night. I'd rather see him play stellar defense and get 8 rebs a night.

5 hours ago, terrell said:

He'll be better when his hair grows back. lol.

FYI - John is out tonight with Flu like symptoms.

• Sad 2

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No, you are not the only one.

Their was a rumor last year around the trade deadline regarding NYK looking for a trade with Atlanta. TS passed, not sure what the ask was though.

Sticking point, from all I ever read, is that there's a $6m price tag on keeping him for 2020-21 (team option), and an $8m QO after that.

10 minutes ago, sturt said:

Cam just out-quicks people and/or out-stretches people. He really could be special, in case no one's said that yet.

His first decision tends to be elite. Something I saw in HS but not as much at Duke. The one time last night he didn't do it well was that foot out of bounds when he had a wide open 3. 

His issue tends to he 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th decisions. That's where his development is needed 

I haven't seen a young player create space for himself this good at this age since Iverson. 

Edited by NBASupes

1 minute ago, sturt said:

I hated that he had the ball knocked away just as he was getting to the basket after that steal he made... was preparing to launch myself out of my seat along with a full-throttled fist-pump.

They called it a block but it was a strip.  He just has to make better decisions. Goodwin was open

• Like 1