News and Notes: Updated between Games

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I would be furious to be honest. I really don't like Vassell much at all. I've been a big proponent of drafting players in their true slots and a bigger proponent of drafting for FIT.

He has limited PD skills. He's exclusively 3&D but only 192 with a skinny frame. While I have doubts on Patrick Williams, I don't doubt his potential at all.

But TS said he's drafting 'BPA'?

6 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I would be furious to be honest. I really don't like Vassell much at all. I've been a big proponent of drafting players in their true slots and a bigger proponent of drafting for FIT.

He has limited PD skills. He's exclusively 3&D but only 192 with a skinny frame. While I have doubts on Patrick Williams, I don't doubt his potential at all.

Well he's not my favorite, but if he comes with an extra 1st, Im ok with him..I'm fine with Williams + a pick too..

Your Boy Obi is growing on me also.Im liking the fit more and more..I had him behind Okungwu and Deni, but hes right there now. Maybe ahead..Hes the best plug and play guy in the draft imo..We need someone who can help us next season...

So right now, Im taking either Obi/Okungwu/Deni at 6..Leaning towards Toppin because of  fit..If he was better on defense, it wouldnt even be close....But there's still  lot of time before the draft. lol

4 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I don't think a team that only won 20 games last year, can be drafting for fit.

We fans tend to fall in love with the players that we already have, or think have potential.  But if those guys aren't truly game changers, bringing in talent should always be the way to go.

Having said that, I'm not a Vassell fan either. But he is probably a better fit than Bembry.  And that may make Vassell a rotation guy instantly.

How about BPA AND fit? (Toppin/Okungwu/Deni)lol

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I agree with those names 

Deni will more than likely be gone at 6(Chicago or Cleveland)..But Obi or Okungwu should be there....If all 3 are gone, Id trade down(Vassell,Williams,Nesmith etc) if possible. If we cant find a trade partner then, I guess it's Hali/Okoro/Hayes as last resorts...lol

5 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I don't think a team that only won 20 games last year, can be drafting for fit.

We fans tend to fall in love with the players that we already have, or think have potential.  But if those guys aren't truly game changers, bringing in talent should always be the way to go.

Having said that, I'm not a Vassell fan either. But he is probably a better fit than Bembry.  And that may make Vassell a rotation guy instantly.

You should ALWAYS draft for fit. That way you don't draft guys who don't fit like Josh Jackson for Phoenix. 

That said, you need to draft the best mix of FIT, talent, and skill for your style of play. What would appeal to OKC doesn't appeal to Atlanta. 

Bembry is not a fit at all. He's a leftover from the previous regime on a cheap contract. 

Being a better fit than Bembry is easy. Most of the top 30 is a better fit than Bembry.

Potential is only potential when it works within your personnel, system, coaching, development route, and personality mesh.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think the point was that drafting for fit and drafting for bpa are frequently viewed as being diametrically opposed approaches to the draft.  

You should ALWAYS draft for fit. That way you don't draft guys who don't fit like Josh Jackson for Phoenix. 

That said, you need to draft the best mix of FIT, talent, and skill for your style of play. What would appeal to OKC doesn't appeal to Atlanta. 

Bembry is not a fit at all. He's a leftover from the previous regime on a cheap contract. 

Being a better fit than Bembry is easy. Most of the top 30 is a better fit than Bembry.

Potential is only potential when it works within your personnel, system, coaching, development route, and personality mesh.