• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

News and Notes: Updated between Games

JayBirdHawk

5 hours ago, bird_dirt said:

Y'all (not you RD8) got the Pels ranked way too high IMO. Aren't their owners cheap? By the time Zion gets good, he's going to be demanding a trade.

That's my rationale... they have Zion and some good pieces, but can they make the necessary moves to build around him and compliment his skills? 
History says no, and the coach and GM both will likely get the axe before anything materializes for them. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
10 hours ago, High5 said:

Assuming Zion can stay on the court for most of the season and they're able to bring Ingram back. 

Ingram is restricted so they are able to bring him back for sure.  Only question is whether they are willing to do it at a price equivalent to what some other team is willing to offer (almost certainly a max deal).

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Maybe we can get Dragic for cheap because of the bad foot.

I think if he is going to go for cheap that he will have his pick of teams.  With his talent, lots of winning teams will be eager to take that gamble if he is cheap.

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, marco102 said:

I'm happy for Wes.  We can't say he sucks because he tried to move Al or Milsap for pieces only to be overruled by Bud. 

It is hard to sort that out other than Budcox sucked.  Wilcox coming in with a supporting role seems perfectly fine to me.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

can 2020 end?

He died from a bicycle accident - 65 years.

Also Vaughn McClure who covered the Falcons died yesterday - 48 years

So sad.  Did they ever release how the McClure guy died?  Not that it matters but 48 is just too young.

My daughter and I saw a guy on a bike get t-boned by a car a few months ago.  Luckily it wasn't a high-speed collision but, on a bike, it really doesn't have to be.  The guy got up and seemed shaken but fine(ish).  I understand wanting to ride a bike but I'll never understand wanting to do it amongst cars.  I don't know if that's what happened with Johnson, just reminded me of it.

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

So sad.  Did they ever release how the McClure guy died?  Not that it matters but 48 is just too young.

My daughter and I saw a guy on a bike get t-boned by a car a few months ago.  Luckily it wasn't a high-speed collision but, on a bike, it really doesn't have to be.  The guy got up and seemed shaken but fine(ish).  I understand wanting to ride a bike but I'll never understand wanting to do it amongst cars.  I don't know if that's what happened with Johnson, just reminded me of it.

Haven't seen anything.

• Premium Member

His career is still shrouded in a mysterious injury that is hard to pinpoint. Today, he just calls it an “arm” injury, but in 2012, whenever he would shoot, his pinky and ring finger curled inward involuntarily. He didn’t experience any pain, which made it difficult to pinpoint a cause for the tick, but it destroyed his jump shot. To try and fix the issue, Fields underwent ulnar nerve transposition surgery.

That didn’t fix the problem. He then underwent another surgery to release an impingement in his Guyon’s canal. That didn’t fix the problem. He underwent a third surgery after trying to shoot left-handed. That didn’t fix the problem, either.

Ouch!

What does an assistant general manager’s job actually entail? What are you specifically tasked with?

A lot of it is going to work around player relationships. I obviously bring the perspective of a former player — building those (relationships) out and helping in whatever development sense that I can from that standpoint. Travis is obviously the decision-maker when it comes to building out the roster and whatnot, but thinking forward strategically about how we are going to implement new players, what it’s going to look like over the course of a few years, how we evaluate our own players, scouting when it comes to the draft to free agency — there’s always going to be a scouting aspect when it comes to this role. That’s kind of a broad brush of what I’ll be doing. Those are the core aspects of the job, though. I’ll also work alongside Tori Miller, who is our G League GM. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Did anyone catch the quote that LP said about Cam???

i saw it somewhere but can’t recall where. 

anyways he stated something along the lines that Cam looked taller and bigger when he came in for that mini camp/tournament or whatever they did about a month ago. 

I was just wondering if cam really grew taller and put on weight over the summer.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JTB said:

Did anyone catch the quote that LP said about Cam???

i saw it somewhere but can’t recall where. 

anyways he stated something along the lines that Cam looked taller and bigger when he came in for that mini camp/tournament or whatever they did about a month ago. 

I was just wondering if cam really grew taller and put on weight over the summer.

Here you go

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2