• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

News and Notes: Updated between Games

JayBirdHawk

8 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

He just plays like a guard to me...Even his offense is perimeter based.  I don't see him getting down and dirty down low with the big boys which you hope that your small forward can do from time to time

Yea, and another thing is I am a little worried Cam might be a bit injury prone. One short college season and he had broken ribs, groin injury that needed surgery, toe injury. Hopefully it was just bad luck, but often times guys who tend to get hurt, keep getting hurt.

Edited by bleachkit
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Yea, and another thing is I am a little worried Cam might be a bit injury prone. One short college season and he had broken ribs, groin injury that needed surgery, toe injury. Hopefully it was just bad luck, but often times guys who tend to get hurt, keep getting hurt.

I think it was really just one injury that they made him play through ... that led to complications.

Thank coach k for that kid playing injured.  I guess he didn't care since he knew Cam would only be around for 1 year.  

Just now, kg01 said:

I think it was really just one injury that they made him play through ... that led to complications.

Thank coach k for that kid playing injured.  I guess he didn't care since he knew Cam would only be around for 1 year.  

Coach K’s voice is hella creepy..

I love these kids with all

my heart....ewwww it’s like get away creep!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So with Crabbe and Parsons definitely out to start the season, hopeful on Huerter. Our depth chart:

PG: Trae Young, Evan Turner

SG: Kevin Huerter, Cam Reddish*

SF: DeAndre Hunter, DeAndre Bembry*

PF: John Collins, Jabari Parker

C -  Alex Len, Bruno Fernando, Damion Jones (my preference)

*They can both be SG/SF

If Huerter can't go, we'll be Huerting on the wings, Charlie Brown may see minutes.

It hurt typing Evan Turner, PG - I just don't see it! Such a contrast in style to Trae. I'm just not a believer.

And to think of all the preseason predictions for the Hawks were including Crabbe, Parsons, etc. I wonder what the prevailing "expert" opinion on our total wins for this season would be revised for current injury realities😳  I certainly know the Hawks have a tough road until early December. They need Huerter and company up and running ASAP (not at the expense of long-term health).

So glad that Hunter has looked much better rounded than I thought he would be as a player! Now if JC can pick up where he let off, Trae stays focused and plays within his game, and we can get solid defense and boards from our Cs, we might sneak up on some folks. It will be an uphill climb, but I think these boys might be up to the task!!!

• Like 2