• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

News and Notes: Updated between Games

JayBirdHawk

1 hour ago, AHF said:

I know he did.  Just don't agree.  Like the Capela trade isn't too early even though he hasn't played a single game for us.

Great point. I didn't even think about it like that. I guess he doesn't know if it's a win or lose but it's a win

You got a current legit star and a young role player who has stardom written all over him. Even if Luka is a superstar, if Trae becomes a superstar as does Cam or even just an all star, that's a win to me for us.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Great point. I didn't even think about it like that. I guess he doesn't know if it's a win or lose but it's a win

You got a current legit star and a young role player who has stardom written all over him. Even if Luka is a superstar, if Trae becomes a superstar as does Cam or even just an all star, that's a win to me for us.

Bottom line is we have to start winning. Teams that are supposedly winning their trades, need to be winning on the court. Trae will almost certainly be widely dismissed as an empty stats star if we do not win next year.

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Bottom line is we have to start winning. Teams that are supposedly winning their trades, need to be winning on the court. Trae will almost certainly be widely dismissed as an empty stats star if we do not win next year.

Well he already is by a lot of people.  Agree that next year we need to have a good team for a ton of reasons.  One being if we don't we will have a disgruntled "empty stats star".    And teams will be banging on our door to get him.  

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, AHF said:

Using Huerter as an example, there was no analysis whether it was not a success because he could have taken Mitchell Robinson.  While Robinson kills Huert in WAR, WS, etc. he still felt it was ok to praise the pick for landing a good player without concern for whether it would have been better to take anyone drafted after him.

No one is allowed to bring up Mitchell Robinson as a possible draft pick on this board.  I'm still mad that we passed on the guy 2 additional times to draft Spellman and traded the other 2nd round pick!😡

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

No one is allowed to bring up Mitchell Robinson as a possible draft pick on this board.  I'm still mad that we passed on the guy 2 additional times to draft Spellman and trade the other 2nd round pick!😡

Yeah.  TS has a very nice track record by Spellman over MR is not a great moment. 

• Haha 1

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

💃 NO UTAH BABY 👶!!!! 😂 If I had to move to Utah I’d 😢.

Utah is beautiful.  Went through national parks there a couple years ago and was shocked at how fantastic it was.

10 minutes ago, AHF said:

Utah is beautiful.  Went through national parks there a couple years ago and was shocked at how fantastic it was.

Oh I’m sure it is. I personally would never step foot in Utah. Just my take. For that matter, I hate Boston too. 

Landscape is incredible from footage I’ve seen though no doubt. But actually residing there, I don’t know about all that.

• Premium Member

Director of player personnel, his job duties change depending on the time of year. In a non-pandemic world, McNeive likely would be splitting his time at playoff games and draft workouts, whereas now, he’s watching game film from this season on college and international players and taking part in the team’s remote draft meetings. He estimated that his job is 60 percent college scouting, 30 percent pro scouting and 10 percent other various tasks. But almost all of his focus right now is on the draft. Every draft is important, but it’s magnified when a team is picking as high as the Hawks will be in this upcoming draft.

“Obviously evaluating the draft and where we pick but if we want to move up, move down, what have you heard about this team possibly doing,” McNeive said on his responsibilities. “If we think the 2000 blah-blah-blah draft is better than this one, do we want to move back? There are some strategic things involved with the draft and getting intel. Right now, my job is to get intel on all of these players, so I’m calling college coaches, high school coaches, strength coaches. The intel process is one thing we’ve really ramped up the past few years, in terms of getting a good background of these guys. Every day is a little different, which is a good thing. Every day there might be a different focus. 

• Thanks 1