• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

News and Notes: Updated between Games

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

When you're naturally fat, it's very hard to stay slim. You lose it, but it eventually comes back. But I think it would be great if a fat player became a star, that would truly be breaking boundaries.

It takes discipline and self control - Udonis Haslem was a fatty, then he became an 'Adonis'. Kevin Love had that baby pudge look, then transformed his body.

Jokic was on his way to being that fat star player but his recent pics changed that.

Then you have a guy like Z-bo, not necessarily fat but not in premium physical condition.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

One day it's going to happen. Zion looks like he might get fat as he gets older. But, yes it will be the muscular, big boned variety. 

27 minutes ago, AHF said:

Will be interesting to see if he maintains his peak level of play when the weight comes on or if he falls off like those former All-Stars who only achieved their peak play when they were more lean.

I can't wait to see what Zion looks like after the lockdown.

On 6/28/2020 at 3:37 PM, Spud2nique said:

I don’t know what’s goin on with the Gorilla 🦍 in Phoenix, didn’t he used to give Jeff Hornacek a lap dance 💃 before each game. I read something weird like that in 88. 🤷‍♀️ 

Uh, folks tend to remember what is truly important to them you know.

• Haha 3

On 7/1/2020 at 10:58 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

It takes discipline and self control - Udonis Haslem was a fatty, then he became an 'Adonis'. Kevin Love had that baby pudge look, then transformed his body.

Udonis is the best and most enduring example I can think of. Overcoming the weight but also improved his game constantly for years. We had him in camp once upon a time but he was way out of shape. Barkley won his early battle too though it was a smaller hill to climb. Thank goodness we have some great trainers in the league.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

About McHale I forgot to mention: he had a reported 8 foot wingspan. He has I think the longest arm span in NBA  history if that is true. You can look at him in old clips or photos and see just how incredibly long his arms are. He doesn't get enough credit for his defense and rebounding. He was not the athletic freak that Wilt was,sure, but he was still incredibly athletic in his own right.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

I couldn’t have started covering the Hawks at a better time. It was the first year for Lloyd Pierce, Trae Young, Kevin Huerter and Omari Spellman. It was only the second year for Travis Schlenk and John Collins. That meant the people who likely were going to matter long-term for the Hawks were also new to the team, and that normally means it’s easier to build relationships for a journalist who is also new. I also was the only full-time reporter covering the Hawks in my first season. That meant plenty of one-on-one time with players at practices and on the road because no reporters traveled other than me, so the players quickly knew who I was and what I was about.

I bonded with Young about our love of R&B music. I bonded with Huerter about our love of the New York Yankees. I bonded with Collins about everything because he’s just a really likable dude. Pierce and Schlenk are more open than most coaches and general managers around the league, and that access is always great for reporters. Pierce was particularly helpful for a new reporter because he’s so thoughtful with his responses and helped me learn the game so much better. I’m also glad he has gotten a massive platform the past few months so more people around the country can see how intelligent he is. It’s unfortunate the Hawks haven’t won more in his two seasons because Pierce is one of the most eloquent and thoughtful people in the league, and more people who don’t follow the Hawks should be aware of that.

But what I’ve really learned the past two years is that Hawks fans are passionate and loyal and care heavily about the team. You guys might get ridiculed from outsiders, but I know you are fully invested in everything there is to know about this team. And as someone whose job it is to cover your favorite team, my job is easier because of people like you who show you care on a daily basis. I appreciate

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Thanks Kirchner you mean a lot to me too. Ps Don’t bring that weak Viv crap in here. Get to your job on time and bring us the extra extra read all about it stuff!

BSPN did a run down of the top 10 foreign born NBA players of all time and I have a problem with it.

10. Deke

9. Manu

8. Tony Parker

7. Pau Gasol

6. Giannis 

5. Nash

4. Nique

3. Ewing

2. Hakeem

1. Dirk

Put Deke at 7 and Pau at 8, slide Parker at 9 and Manu at 10.

Slide Dirk from 1 to 4.

Nique gets #3 slot and Hakeem gets #1.

• Like 2