• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

News and Notes: Updated between Games

JayBirdHawk

27 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

But the bubble wasn't about who had the best 8 game win/loss record goes to the playoffs, it was an extention of the regular season, so what you did before the season shutdown mattered. 

You can't treat it as a separate season. If you do that then you'd have to seed all teams based on their bubble record.

Lots of people complained the Suns should not have been invited in the 1st place.

I have a feeling if Hawks had been granted entrance into the bubble, we could have gone on a Suns type run. We were playing better before the shutdown, and ready to finally gel with a healthy team. At the very least we could have scored a lot of points, but not so great on defense, kinda like Portland.

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

JJJ is his second year had a better year than Marvin ever had in his career. The JJJ-Marvin comparison is just ridiculous and inane. In the restart he was averaging 25.3 points per game on 48.1 percent shooting, including a 35.7 percent mark from 3-point range on 9.3 attempts per game, as a long armed 6'11" versatile defender, only 20 years old. If Memphis put JJJ on the trade market (which they wouldn't) teams would be lining up, and he will probably get a near max deal if he stays healthy. 

Agree on this.   He is well ahead of Marvin at the same age and projects to be better than Marvin was at his peak.  

The restart was 3 games against teams that were out of rhythm.  All sorts of crazy numbers can happen in that environment.  So I need to see it for a longer period to draw anything from the restart.  On a 3 game sample, he averaged almost 28 ppg at one point in December.  

During those 3 games, he also averaged 2.67 rebounds per game and 0.67 assists per game.  Again, small sample size.  The fact that Memphis lost all 3 makes me even more reluctant to draw a ton from them.

His aversion to rebounding is going to seriously cap his potential, imo.  4.6 rpg at 6'11'' is hard to understand.  Looks to be a good stretch big who can play nice defense (other than rebounding).  I don't think he is wired to ever be all that assertive but makes a very nice complimentary piece.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, terrell said:

So Zion being overweight and not being able to play big minutes cost Gentry his job? lol. 

Let’s face it, Gentry never had a shot to last much like Lloyd for us. 

:saythat:

Throw tomatoes 🍅 at me if you must but it’s the truth and a bitter pill 💊 to swallow. Come at me.

1 hour ago, terrell said:

So Zion being overweight and not being able to play big minutes cost Gentry his job? lol. 

Wont be the first coach Zion gets fired, there will be more to come. Plenty of nutritionists and trainers will be sacrificed at the alter of Zion as well. 

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Let’s face it, Gentry never had a shot to last much like Lloyd for us. 

:saythat:

Throw tomatoes 🍅 at me if you must but it’s the truth and a bitter pill 💊 to swallow. Come at me.

Yeah but the Pelicans announcer said it definitely played a part...

CJ just went off for Portland. Hawks 2021? lol

10 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Looks like Danny Ainge will be back on the Zoom call on Thursday!

~lw3

Grizzlies will probably get a top 3..smh. Thats better than giving it to Boston though. lol

Edited by terrell

11 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Thank god it's lottery protected. Imagine C's getting #1? That would be criminal. 

But who would they take? Hed probably trade it..UNless theyre high on Wiseman..

Edited by terrell

52 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

That's what I'm saying. C's aren't getting a top pick. 

I believe they could still get a top 7 pick..Thats a good pick in this draft..Not much difference  player wise from 1-8 imo..

Edited by terrell

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, terrell said:

I believe they could still get a top 7 pick..Thats a good pick in this draft..Not much difference  player wise from 1-8 imo..

I don’t see how they could.