• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

News and Notes: Updated between Games

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

Before I predict playoffs for the Hawks, Schlenk will have to prove to me that he can build a competitive team with some depth.  This is something he is yet to do and even when he had depth at certain positions in 2018, he killed it with stupid trades.  Something tell me that Schlenk has some more tricks up his sleeves and this is why he isn't committing to the playoffs.  Getting more established steady players like one of them Morris brothers is key because I don't believe in LP as a coach.  The talent we have currently would be enough for a Nick Nurse type but not a Pierce.  Pierce is yet to prove that he can teach good habits and discipline because his teams have be worse at all of the metrics that determine wins and loses like turnovers, defensive rebounding and shot discipline and transition defense etc.   I wish i could see the light at the end of the tunnel but i don't yet.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Hell yes.  Who doesn't think this?   Those teams and organizations suck.  What has John Wall ever done even when he had a good supporting cast which is all gone now?   You managed to name the teams that you can never count on.  Throw Detroit in for good measure. 

OK.  Then there is no excuse ( outside of a major injury to Trae or Collins ), for us not making the playoffs.  

Do you agree?

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

OK.  Then there is no excuse ( outside of a major injury to Trae or Collins ), for us not making the playoffs.  

Do you agree?

yes.  like jay says we have to add a bench.  I mean we have literally nothing right now.   If Graham is 7th in the rotation then i'll change my mind but assuming we get a competent bench and no major injuries then hell yeah.

10 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Management yes, TS has had 3 years.

Coach has barely had 2 seasons with one cut short

They don't have to see it. Why would they? Most people outside of Atlanta think we have the same terrible ownership that led us to mediocrity. Most people don't know there is a culture shift with an emphasis on being more than an afterthought in the playoffs. They still think we are the franchise that will take peanuts and give them our assets. The outside wont see anything good until we win. But that doesn't change that the fact that John and Trae are insanely productive for both their experience level and compared to many vets. As long as Schlenk/Ressler/ Koonin have the vision and a plan that's all that matters. The NBA is notorious for love you one second hate you the next. GS was a laughing stock organization for years and now look at them. Same with Clippers, Toronto, and Brooklyn. We do not need to be pressed to impress. Winning takes care of everything

Couldnt disagree more.

Playoff's are definitely the goal, but if we show vast improvement and just barely miss, it wont be a disaster. The only disaster would be another regression like we saw this season. 2 things have spared Coach; Covid and TS admitting he made a mistake with so much youth on the roster. TS has responsibility to assemble a competitive roster before he can hold LP accountable for playoffs. Just get better next year, tangibly better. As long as we get better, then the train is on course. Using your example, the 07-08 Hawks who made the playoffs with a losing record is the kind of team/expectations this roster has until further notice. 

Also, we are in good shape with JC. We have the leverage, either we get better with him and pay him accordingly, or we don't and still have options/flexibility. Either way, he is on the rise as a player, and he wants to be here. So another contract is imminent, and it will likely be under his true value because like you said, the outside is not as high on him, therefore we won't have to overpay to keep him. Unless he blows up and leads us to big things in which case, we still have the means to keep him long term and he would deserve it at that point. No need to worry there.

If I'm Collins, I might be asking for Siakam $ now, with the way he's playing . lol

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

If y'all want to know what defense looks like, that 2nd over time was a DEFENSIVE clinic put on Lawry and Powell!

Yep that was a straight up masterpiece.

On 9/5/2020 at 11:20 AM, kg01 said:

you mean 'Trashcal'? 

Lmaoo