• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Brooklyn 2020 1st Round Pick Watch

JayBirdHawk

No way. This is the year we have to make or try and make the playoffs. There is absolutely no reason to continue to TRY and get into the lottery. That is absolutely ludicrous. People that think another year in the lottery will double our championship window don’t understand the NBA timeline and have obviously not been paying attention to teams that have done that and gotten stuck with nothing to show for it like the Twolves and Suns.

A couple years to get a nice rebuild up and stick pile talent. We did that and then some, our lottery aspirations should be over. We are in the stage to get this young team some wins and get their confidence up.

No more lottery please.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

No way. This is the year we have to make or try and make the playoffs. There is absolutely no reason to continue to TRY and get into the lottery. That is absolutely ludicrous. People that think another year in the lottery will double our championship window don’t understand the NBA timeline and have obviously not been paying attention to teams that have done that and gotten stuck with nothing to show for it like the Twolves and Suns.

A couple years to get a nice rebuild up and stick pile talent. We did that and then some, our lottery aspirations should be over. We are in the stage to get this young team some wins and get their confidence up.

No more lottery please.

I think Schlenk clearly didn't have playoffs on the mind in constructing this roster.  Player development and pick acquisition looks like it was the priority to me.  We've got enough good young talent we could organically make a run, though.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think Schlenk clearly didn't have playoffs on the mind in constructing this roster.  Player development and pick acquisition looks like it was the priority to me.  We've got enough good young talent we could organically make a run, though.

I just feel he wanted to create a flexible roster that has the assets and contracts that if it wanted to be buyers or sellers, he can do either.

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

I actually agree with this.

With the clear hole in our frontcourt, us "competing" was always an unlikely outcome.  I think the goal for this year is to be the 9th seed.  Not because that's a "goal" anyone should have but because it'd represent a step beyond what we were last year.

Now, I'm hopeful the talent in other areas will allow us to be competitive in spite of the deficiency.  It's possible especially when you factor in the number of bad teams in the league.

I just won't get up in arms, like many here already are, if we don't win like 83 games in a row.

• Like 3

• Moderators

We're still in talent acquisition mode which i think is smart.   We're high on all our young guys but there is no guarantee that some don't just flame out.   We were high on Dennis, Chill, Smoove but they ended up being guys you don't build around.  

Plus i think we want to go after some bigger free agents starting next summer so watching the books. 

• Like 1

“Talent acquisition” is fine. Every team is looking for that. My main point is we have a good amount of young guys from the draft. Our goal should not be to get to the draft for more picks. 

Bembry

Collins

Trae/Huert

Hunter/Cam

Thats a ton for talent. Now it’s time to mold it.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

In no particular order:

- Miami

- Detroit

- Milwaukee

- Philly

- Indy

- Toronto

- Boston

- Atlanta (unfortunately)

If you look at Brooklyn's roster, they are pretty much just Kyrie and has-beens. Durant is done for the season.

Brooklyn's roster last year won 42 games - Gone are D. Russell, Hollis Jefferson, injured Crabbe and Carroll and 'retirement bod" Dudley.

Granted the question is can Kyrie stay healthy and be an effective leader. Prince should provide them more than Crabbe and Carroll, if Caris Levert is healthly. Another development year for J Allen.

I have faith that Kenny Atkinson will have them playing the right way.

I'd even through Orlando in the mix, they won 42 games last year as well. 

Detroit - don't trust that bunch.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

“Talent acquisition” is fine. Every team is looking for that. My main point is we have a good amount of young guys from the draft. Our goal should not be to get to the draft for more picks. 

Bembry

Collins

Trae/Huert

Hunter/Cam

Thats a ton for talent. Now it’s time to mold it.

That's a ton of unproven talent.  What if it doesn't turn out to be star talent outside of Trae (who's already a star)?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

That's a ton of unproven talent.  What if it doesn't turn out to be star talent outside of Trae (who's already a star)?  

Well I wouldn’t necessarily say Trae and Collins are unproven. Even Bembry, he’s not a world beater but at least we seem to know what we have in him.

This is true with Hunter and Cam as they haven’t played a regular season game but both high powered lottery picks.

Again I just don’t want to turn into the Suns and Wolves and just keep living in the draft. I don’t think this will happen with us because I feel like we made some good picks but I’m guessing so did they. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

If TS was ALL-IN on the playoffs:

1. Dedmon would have been back

2. Evan freakin' Turner would not be our backup PG

3. Len wouldn't be starting, backed up by only Jones and Bruno.

Like he said - it's about the continued development of the young trio plus the rookies. If they exceed his expectations, he has no issue making an in season trade to fight for a playoff spot if we are close.

High fives @JayBirdHawk

18 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Well I wouldn’t necessarily say Trae and Collins are unproven. Even Bembry, he’s not a world beater but at least we seem to know what we have in him.

This is true with Hunter and Cam as they haven’t played a regular season game but both high powered lottery picks.

Again I just don’t want to turn into the Suns and Wolves and just keep living in the draft. I don’t think this will happen with us because I feel like we made some good picks but I’m guessing so did they. 

Their problem is they made a bunch of bad picks along with a couple good ones.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Take a look at Phoenix's 1st round draft picks since 2013 - #4, #30, #14, #18, #27, #13, #4, #13, #28, #4, #1, #16, #11, #24. - only Booker and this years rookies remain.  This is a master class in inept drafting.

You want your lottery draft picks to lead you to winning initially and supplement it with FAs to get to the next steps. 

• Like 4

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Take a look at Phoenix's 1st round draft picks since 2013 - #4, #30, #14, #18, #27, #13, #4, #13, #28, #4, #1, #16, #11, #24. - only Booker and this years rookies remain.  This is a master class in inept drafting.

You want your lottery draft picks to lead you to winning initially and supplement it with FAs to get to the next steps. 

Ayton too but completely agree.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What's sad is we have one of those top 5 picks and he isn't worth being a part of anyone's core

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

If TS was ALL-IN on the playoffs:

1. Dedmon would have been back

2. Evan freakin' Turner would not be our backup PG

3. Len wouldn't be starting, backed up by only Jones and Bruno.

Like he said - it's about the continued development of the young trio plus the rookies. If they exceed his expectations, he has no issue making an in season trade to fight for a playoff spot if we are close.

Nailed It!!!

I’m sorry what the hell are you people talking about. Specially you @AHF trying to spin and put words into my message. Then Bird comes in with all these missed picks. I’m not sure if you all are trying to dismiss my point then use it as you own or what but my point is that I DON’T WANT TO END UP LIKE THE SUNS...I don’t really give a crap how the Suns got there, I know how they got there. 

And damn AHF, what’s ur deal including my post with Bird’s and high fiving her posts and trying to break down my posts to the best of your ability and spin my words but not good enough. 

It’s kind of beginning to look obvious the way you are responding to my posts that you are trying to provoke me in some manner. I’m gonna try and avoid it.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m sorry what the hell are you people talking about. Specially you @AHF trying to spin and put words into my message. Then Bird comes in with all these missed picks. I’m not sure if you all are trying to dismiss my point then use it as you own or what but my point is that I DON’T WANT TO END UP LIKE THE SUNS...I don’t really give a crap how the Suns got there, I know how they got there. 

And damn AHF, what’s ur deal including my post with Bird’s and high fiving her posts and trying to break down my posts to the best of your ability and spin my words but not good enough. 

It’s kind of beginning to look obvious the way you are responding to my posts that you are trying to provoke me in some manner. I’m gonna try and avoid it.

Uuuuhhhhhmmm....ok.............No provocation intended.

I'm just saying making bad picks AND having a bad front office landed Suns and Wolves where they are.

We seem to have nailed our picks :praying:, but they still gotta play and prove they are the right picks.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I actually understand your point.  Same thing continues to happen to me as well.  It sounds like there is a certain message being shaped here.

1.  The Hawks are lottery bound which is O.K. both fans and players are o.k. with it

2.  Losing has no effect on players and they understand the rebuilding process and buy into it

3. Taking another shot at a lottery pick will somehow enhance the Hawk's future dynasty.

4. The Hawks are rebuilding therefore it is o.k. to have big holes in your roster so hang in there the real team building starts next year

5. How dare the national media disrespect the Hawks and not have them on National TV even though the Hawks are rebuilding

6.  The Hawks are building there team just like the Spurs and Patriots built their dynasties.

• Like 1