• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks claim Tyrone Wallace from waivers

gurpilo

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I like this pickup. Trae will get 32-35 minutes a game. We just need a backup PG who will not give the game away. Depending on who starts at SG, Bembry, Huerter, Parker, Reddish, Vince, can score the backup team points.

Reddish is starting!

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, Buzzard said:

I know for tonight but not so sure about when Huerter is cleared and in 100% game shape.

Huerter said he’s “almost back to 100 percent” ...JC came off the bench for 2 games after his injury last year, so......it'll be interesting to watch what happens.

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Huerter said he’s “almost back to 100 percent” ...JC came off the bench for 2 games after his injury last year, so......it'll be interesting to watch what happens.

It will be interesting. They give us great size but the Pistons D is no joke, Trae and Collins are going to need to bring their 20 point games tonight.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

And of that 11:  2 are on minutes restrictions(Huerter and Reddish),  1 is rehabbing (Crabbe), 1 will never play(Parsons), 2 are GLers (Brown and Goodwin) and unlikely to see major minutes, 1 sucks (Turner). So that leaves 4.

Preface... Jaybird, some folks around here treat you like gentlemen are supposed to treat ladies. I'd like to think you appreciate that I treat you like any other fan. Yes? No?

Okay, to the actual point of my post now...

Of those 7....

a) The two who are on minutes restrictions will, glass half-full, play some number of minutes.

The 15th, 16th or 17th guy who woulda been a low post player?

No minutes. None. Zero.

Because he doesn't exist.

So, there's that.

b) The one rehabbing is currently expected to be back by the 3rd week of the season.

If you're suggesting one of the 7 will be replaced on the roster with a low-post guy when Crabbe gets back... okay... maybe... but why not say that?

c) The last your buddy Kirschner said anything... and to his credit, he does report on the Hawks like a real, live, gen-you-wine beat reporter... the rationale was not "he's not healthy," but rather "why play him in preseason?"

2019-10-24_1455.png

d) Two-way players do end up getting used by LP to some degree, so it's not like they're not even to be counted.

But I'd be happy if even just one of the two was a low-post player.

Of course, neither are.

e) Suckitude isn't really relevant to the question. We always have some sucky players even when we've been good.

The question I'm raising concerns the make-up of the team, of course.

And it's just not rational to add yet another wing, without making some corresponding move that rebalances the roster.

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, sturt said:

Preface... Jaybird, some folks around here treat you like gentlemen are supposed to treat ladies. I'd like to think you appreciate that I treat you like any other fan. Yes? No?

If you say so?

Continue...

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, sturt said:

Not catching your drift. What did I say? I only asked.

No need for a 'preface'....you can make your basketball argument without it. 

I've had enough debates with the Squawk faithful where the whole 'gentlemen is supposed to treat a lady' doesn't come into play. We are all just fans discussing the Hawks.

I'll either agree or disagree, give a rebuttal or not.

• Like 2

Has he been a Hawk long enough to get a minute or two when we face the 76ers tonight?  Watched some film on him.  He seems to be a scorer within a few feet of the goal, shooting within 6 to 8 feet away and being good at this.  Naturally, they only show the good stuff.

Looks to be big enough that he won't be pushed around too much.  Don't expect much from him yet, but a couple of minutes, maybe?

:MooseGoggles:

• Like 2

Another guy I’ve seen live at Cal a few years back and with the Clipps in a few games as well. 

I think he can definitely give us some minutes here and there. He’s a long tall point guard who is a jack of all trades but master of none. Athletic pg at 6’5 and plays passing lanes well and is solid on D.

My main issue with Mr. Wallace is his inability to be able to get his team in proper offensive sets and execute the offense.

In transition though, this kid makes some nice plays. 

Again, this is another opportunity for him and a golden one at that. We are in some trouble at the pg spot and he can come in and make a name for himself, even if it’s not with us he can turn some heads from good play.

Lets go Ty$

• Like 4

On 10/28/2019 at 8:49 AM, Gray Mule said:

Has he been a Hawk long enough to get a minute or two when we face the 76ers tonight?  Watched some film on him.  He seems to be a scorer within a few feet of the goal, shooting within 6 to 8 feet away and being good at this.  Naturally, they only show the good stuff.

Looks to be big enough that he won't be pushed around too much.  Don't expect much from him yet, but a couple of minutes, maybe?

:MooseGoggles:

Your over the top accurate prediction stuff really needs to stop Gray, I am getting a little weirded out by it. You did it again.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I didn't think he looked bad. He was mainly a 2 for the most part but he defended well. Wasn't really struggling with Herro or Dragic like the others and no one really had a scout on him

All a Hawks player had to do was blow on Herro if he was at the 3 point line and the Refs would blow the whistle.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blunt91 said:

All a Hawks player had to do was blow on Herro if he was at the 3 point line and the Refs would blow the whistle.

Kinda like when LeBron and his SG buddy Dwayne were there you know. Endless free throws for them.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

🍌 🚣‍♀️ crew ugh 😑 

Reminds me so much of SEC Football refs. They are so amazingly consistently ass. Can't even get reviews right. Does not matter if you are watching ranked teams or not. Review is supposed to make it better but it really just takes them longer to screw it up over and over again. The NBA competes with them so very well.

• Like 1