• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young - The Man, The Viper, and The Prosecution aka The MVP aka Ice Trae

NBASupes

42 minutes ago, AHF said:

As the most athletic big man in NBA history, I have a feeling he would be just fine in any era.

When I go back and look at his stats, they are comical. I can’t pull that stuff off in a video game 🎮 Best you can do if you play against good competition is like a 30 point 20 rebound 5 block game from your big (although I got 7 blocks with John Collins a few days back) not 65/35/11. Wilt was from the future. He was built in a lab 🔬 somewhere. 😂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

50 inch vertical leap at his height.  Exceptionally coordinated.

Wow 😳 Didn’t Spud have a 44 inch, can you imagine a small statured Spud getting 50 inches off the ground. It would literally look like he jumped off a trampoline.

Ya, pretty safe to say Wilt was a once a century type guy.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Got his own shoe?

Yup 👍🏾 Deserving too. Can’t wait to get those bad boys. When was the last time a Hawks star had a signature 👟? Nique with the pumps? 1990 I think. 30 years? Is that right? 😳 

• Like 2

There’s a new top 25 players under 25 years of age on BR. Sorry couldn’t paste it here. Collins #19 and Trae #6. 

John Collins has established himself as a 20-point, 10-rebound machine, explosive finisher and elite rim-runner. But, as he told The Athletic's Chris Kirschner, his game has more layers than people think:

"I feel like if more people watch the game, they would understand that I'm not just a pick-and-roll player. I have an ability to swing the ball, run the floor, shoot, create offense for myself, post up, take advantage of mismatches. I feel like my ability to play within the team’s offense and not need the basketball and just play a role and be effective at it—I feel like that adds another layer to my game that I feel like some people don't respect."

Creating offense might be a stretch, since nearly 75 percent of his two-point baskets come off an assist. But he is displaying growth in critical areas. He got dinged for not being much of a defender, but now he's swatting 1.6 shots a game. He didn't have the widest offensive arsenal, but now he's hitting 40.1 percent of his threes and 52.4 percent of his long twos.

The fact he's making strides in those areas shows that his game still has ample room for development, especially considering he's already a 20-10 supplier as a 22-year-old.

Trae Young:

This is probably a polarizing pick, but Trae Young is a polarizing player.

He is a wizard on offense and a soaking-wet paper bag on defense. Maybe that sounds hyperbolic, but that's straight from the stat sheet: fifth overall in offensive real plus-minus, 503rd (out of 503) in defensive real plus-minus. Since he's undersized and limited athletically, there's only so much Young can do to improve his defense.

But obviously, we're here to talk offense. Using ORPM, the only more effective players at that end are: James Harden, Giannis Antetokounmpo, LeBron James and Stephen Curry. In case you've forgotten, that quartet has captured eight of the last 11 MVP awards. That's Young's statistical company on offense.

With slick handles, uncanny vision, next-level creativity and in-the-arena shooting range, he's an offensive force who can pile up points and simplify the game for his teammates. He's only the fifth playerever to average 29 points and nine assists. Atlanta's offense goes from elite (111.2 offensive rating) to non-functional (95.7) when he takes a seat.

The overly generous defense can't be completely ignored, but the offensive genius gets him one spot shy of the top five.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/25/2020 at 1:48 PM, AHF said:

Truth.  No true 7 footer has had his athleticism and versatility.  Was a standout in track in the high jump, long jump, shot put and the 440 and eventually became a pro volleyball player.  Led the league in scoring and rebounding numerous times and also somehow led the league in assists.  They changed a half dozen rules to limit his impact.

Could dunk his free throws (one of those rule changes).  50 inch vertical leap at his height.  Exceptionally coordinated.

His numbers would not be the same today as the game has changed but he would still break the mold against any big man in the league today.

Damn I didn’t know all that.  I (probably foolishly) let the grave lack of athletic competition of his era, Russell’s Celtic dominance, his FT shooting, and the fact I’ve never seen him temper my opinion.  Dude was clearly a generational (maybe even bi-generational) athletic specemen.

• Like 2

On 3/24/2020 at 10:36 AM, Spud2nique said:

I love Trae but no way in hell Lebron is above Jordan and 🧁 should be thrown off the list that’s a joke.

Another point where we differ my friend. If two guys are comparable but one has a clear edge in passing and rebounding I’m going with that guy.  

Now we’re in lockstep with Cupcake.  Never cared for dude since he stole a ROY from Al(ice). Fool shot a .451 efg with more turnovers than assists (Both far worse than Kevin freakin Huerter rookie season) while Al(ice) helped lead us to the postseason.  He also neutered Steph and Klay but that doesn’t concern you lol.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Haha 1

On 3/25/2020 at 1:48 PM, AHF said:

Truth.  No true 7 footer has had his athleticism and versatility.  Was a standout in track in the high jump, long jump, shot put and the 440 and eventually became a pro volleyball player.  Led the league in scoring and rebounding numerous times and also somehow led the league in assists.  They changed a half dozen rules to limit his impact.

Could dunk his free throws (one of those rule changes).  50 inch vertical leap at his height.  Exceptionally coordinated.

His numbers would not be the same today as the game has changed but he would still break the mold against any big man in the league today.

School em, AH.  And I hope people stop acting like it was just that comp was bad.  No one else was doing the things he was.  And none has since.

In today's game, he'd be just as dominant.

• Like 2

Have to say that ridiculous win streak the Lakers had with Wilt in the middle tainted me on them. Just always knew the outcome of games before the fourth quarter. Only time I pulled for them after that was when they faced the Celtics. And then came along Magic and everything changed and I became a big, big Showtime fan until Magic was gone and there was no more of that stuff in my mind. Wilt though, was ridiculously good.

9 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Josh Smith had a signature shoe.  They were nice too.

Brick Wall Sneakers Limited Edition - Brick Wall Shoes - SHOP ...

What a great image. Josh must have worn those in the last two minutes of those down to the wire games where we came up short for....some reason. lol

• Haha 1

• Moderators

I know there are differing opinions out there regarding Trae but as Hawks fans just for one coronavirus second let's all remember and relish the fact that we had an all-star starter in his second year in the league.  Thanks Trae!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1