• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young - The Man, The Viper, and The Prosecution aka The MVP aka Ice Trae

NBASupes

• Moderators
1 hour ago, AHF said:

I will be very interested to see how Kyrie does as the #1 in Brooklyn.  He has only been a #1 once in his career and that was in Boston and he struggled in that role.  It is very different having teams game plan for you versus punishing teams for fixating on LeBron and KD.  He is a very good player but I wouldn't expect his traditional efficiency if KD is gone.

I'd make the case that Stevens wasn't a great coach for a team featuring a star player.  I think Tatum struggled too.  His numbers were good but they weren't really a contender (yeah i'm discounting the bubble). 

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'd make the case that Stevens wasn't a great coach for a team featuring a star player.  I think Tatum struggled too.  His numbers were good but they weren't really a contender (yeah i'm discounting the bubble). 

I'm just saying it is a dramatically different thing to be try to score when teams are focused on LeBron and KD than it is to do so when you are the main man and Kyrie has rarely been the main man so he still has everything to prove for that situation.

His playoff experience as the #1 guy is shooting 38.5% fg% from the floor and 31% from 3pt range versus 46.5% fg% and 40.5% when he gets to benefit from the attention that LeBron and KD draw.

As I said before, I'll be very interested to see how  he fairs as the #1 in Brooklyn.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Brooklyn is talented. They have been talented.
It takes more than talent. 

They have more than a few loose screws between the 3 of them

Brooklyn is very talented.  Let's just leave it at that.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Kyrie and KD are both hoopers that love the game. 

They just let other crap get in the way of playing basketball. Too caught up things that don’t matter, especially to the fans that support them 

There is no way in the world you could convince me that Kyrie loves basketball.   Sorry, but I have eyes.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m gonna say this now… when Trae is better off ball, and obviously he will be, please don’t give sCURVY credit.

Just cuz they were in a pic together.

Curry a prick, he’s shown Trae no respect all his career. He praised Luka and so did Jamal Green on purpose to break Trae down early in his career. Of course Scurvy didn’t want somebody like Trae to be mentioned with him so he tried to shatter that confidence.. guess what… didn’t work.

Trae was born A LEADER. 

What in the heck did this dude do to you? Good grief.. lol

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, terrell said:

I know, @Spud2nique's anti Steph rhetoric is very odd.       I didn't even know it was possible to dislike Steph Curry.   Great player, never kissed Lebron or any other player's ass, loyal to his team, loves golf.  What's not to like?

4 minutes ago, shakes said:

I know, @Spud2nique's anti Steph rhetoric is very odd.       I didn't even know it was possible to dislike Steph Curry.   Great player, never kissed Lebron or any other player's ass, loyal to his team, loves golf.  What's not to like?

I recall him praising Trae before the draft..

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, terrell said:

3 minutes ago, shakes said:

If you guys have not been on the Squawk enough to hear Spud's explanation for his hate of GS and Curry, the shorthand version I would use to summarize his problem with them is:

(a) he lives in California

(b) he has seen a ton of bandwagoners act like they are the only true form of basketball

(c) these bandwagoners dunk on the Hawks as being an inferior franchise 

(d) he foresees the bandwagoners crediting Curry for Trae's improvement when that is all about Trae

Basically, it is the pain of having to hear nothing but GS love for years on end while getting bodied for being a Hawks fan.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, AHF said:

If you guys have not been on the Squawk enough to hear Spud's explanation for his hate of GS and Curry, the shorthand version I would use to summarize his problem with them is:

(b) he has seen a ton of bandwagoners act like they are the only true form of basketball

(d) he foresees the bandwagoners crediting Curry for Trae's improvement when that is all about Trae

Basically, it is the pain of having to hear nothing but GS love for years on end while getting bodied for being a Hawks fan.

Don't forget to add the grief is coming from fake a**, Jonny come lately, non bball fanboys which makes it extra annoying. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, shakes said:

There is no way in the world you could convince me that Kyrie loves basketball.   Sorry, but I have eyes.

Well I think both you and reddawg are right. Does he love the game, no? Is he really good at it, ya. 

It’s weird.. he’s weird.

6 hours ago, AHF said:

Right on:

The end there is funny and ironic because they were the west versions of us to me over the last 30 years minus the last 7 or 8.

Also didn’t like:

1. The move to SF. I don’t care what you here, if you were at Oakland during the 80’s and 90’s, those fans were the ones, the real ones, now you have the garlic eating fries 🍟 folks that aren’t the old school fans but riding this ring thing.

2. Mark Jackson was a pawn ♟.. although that happens in sports and basketball. 

3. 2017 2018 * (KD) 

4. 2022 weak run (Nuggs missing players; then Ja out; Mavs upset help Warriors avoid the Suns) One of the weakest championship runs in the history of the league.

5. Curry’s mouthpiece.. annoying? Keep it in or take it out bum. Then the celebrations running back from hitting 3’s…it’s annoying, both him and Klay are too cocky there.

6. Kerr: Annoying choir boy 👦 that uses his platform for political purposes but really for his own ego.

Hmm.. I think I got it all.

Oh, the brand of basketball is dirty and cheap. Draymond Steven Adams a while back. Draymond Lebron.. Poole Ja… they dirty but trying to be clever about it.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I like the part about speaking on giving his dad too much inside scoop then Ray putting it on twitter lol!!! That’s the main reason I started following Ray Young!

You could tell Trae was giving him inside scoop on some things.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Diesel said:

Trae Said It's going to be Scary!!!!

The only other time there are two guys playing on the same team that averaged more than 21 ppg and 9 apg the previous season that I can find is CP3 and Harden.  After flirting with Dumars and Thomas, Dame and McCollum, I think our best comparison is Harden and CP3.
The beard and Trae both score at will and suck at defense.  Trae facilitates on CP3's level.  Murray scores, shoots, and defends in different ways than CP3 but with similar effectiveness, neither are 4 level scorers like Harden and Trae. DM is the best defender out of all of these guys.  No tandem is going to match up perfectly, but right now I think Harden and CP3 are the closest match.