• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young - The Man, The Viper, and The Prosecution aka The MVP aka Ice Trae

NBASupes

• Premium Member

Kid in a brand new yellow Trae Young jersey just trick or treated me (in Chicago) and I insisted he take the entire bowl of candy.  About 4 bags worth.     Pretty funny, he wasn’t even gonna stop at my house and was walking up the path to the park behind my house…I started yelling at him to get his ass over and get rewarded for what he was wearing.  

• Like 3

I can see it now .....

[comments redacted]

I had a whole skit typed out to make fun of @shakes and his interest in this kid in a Trae jersey.

But deleted it out of an abundabce of caution.  I aint tryna end up like Aries Spears and Tiffany Haddiish.

😆

shakes, don't be forcin' kids to your house on Halloween.  You gonna get a reputation in the neighborhood if you aint careful.

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I can see it now .....

[comments redacted]

I had a whole skit typed out to make fun of @shakes and his interest in this kid in a Trae jersey.

But deleted it out of an abundabce of caution.  I aint tryna end up like Aries Spears and Tiffany Haddiish.

😆

shakes, don't be forcin' kids to your house on Halloween.  You gonna get a reputation in the neighborhood if you aint careful.

what?  Old dude without kids who lives at the end of the block enticing kids to come to his house with bowls of candy.   Seems like good optics to me.

• Haha 4

• Moderators
On 11/1/2022 at 9:52 AM, shakes said:

what?  Old dude without kids who lives at the end of the block enticing kids to come to his house with bowls of candy.   Seems like good optics to me.

It needs to be a bucket hat clearly but otherwise kind of spot on, right?

th?id=OIP.AZjfph-x7d62UkEmc3JgWgHaGF&pid

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
On 11/1/2022 at 9:52 AM, shakes said:

That’s a mighty strong arm there little Ice Trae!

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I kinda like them, I have the 1s I wear casually (never play anymore) and these don't look like a huge shift from them.  Interested to hear feedback from anyone who grabs these

I have the 1s as well (ice trae edition), but don't understand how anyone could play in them.  They are ridiculously heavy.  Or is that just how basketball shoes are these days?  I haven't worn a basketball shoe in over 20 years so I wouldn't know, but I remember the weight of a shoe being a big factor in what shoe I would buy.   Why would you want a heavy shoe?

They're so heavy I don't even like wearing them just for casual purposes.  Much prefer my Air Presto's.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, shakes said:

I have the 1s as well (ice trae edition), but don't understand how anyone could play in them.  They are ridiculously heavy.  Or is that just how basketball shoes are these days?  I haven't worn a basketball shoe in over 20 years so I wouldn't know, but I remember the weight of a shoe being a big factor in what shoe I would buy.   Why would you want a heavy shoe?

They're so heavy I don't even like wearing them just for casual purposes.  Much prefer my Air Presto's.

Yo I thought I was crazy they're so heavy lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

So I see that Trae's big pledge to move without the ball lasted all of 2-3 games this year.   Pathetic.

For the first time since I discovered Trae at Oklahoma I'm seeing a clear ceiling to his development.    And the part that sucks is he may have already hit it and is now on the way down.

• Sad 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, shakes said:

So I see that Trae's big pledge to move without the ball lasted all of 2-3 games this year.   Pathetic.

For the first time since I discovered Trae at Oklahoma I'm seeing a clear ceiling to his development.    And the part that sucks is he may have already hit it and is now on the way down.

I don't think so.  It's only because we're trying fit in another PG at the off guard.   But it can work.  it's just not working real well now.  Trae has to be the PG and has to control the game.   It's not going to be a 2 headed monster at the point.  It still needs to be Trae running the show at all times which has proven to be very successful. 

I'll admit Trae off the ball is a joke but it's also a waste of time in my opinion.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I'll admit Trae off the ball is a joke but it's also a waste of time in my opinion.  

I used to get mad at the effort years ago but he simply isn’t equipped.  Can’t fault him at all.  I just feel your focal player has to be a plus off baller and defender, or an elite off baller and neutral defender, or average off baller and elite defender, some combination of those while Schlenk obviously doesn’t or didn’t.

You gotta sprint from a dead stop, using a lot of energy.  He won’t win any foot races in the NBA.  And his steps are short.  

You gotta be willing to get stoned in the chest by Kyle Lowry and Eric Gordon types when they stop you dead in your tracks (Wesley Matthews and Robert Covington at times when they’re switched).  Again, that shit hurts. Ask Al how he shied away from them solid screens he used to set before he tore his tits.

You gotta be a big and or long enough target to hit with the bounce pass, bullet, or lob.  Trae ain’t.  

You can’t be mad when the cut is open but the pass doesn’t come.  He prolly would be.  

You gotta beat guys to spots with physicality when receiving hand offs, kinda silly to ask of a 160 pounder.

Asking Trae to screen or “hold up”someone face to face is even more silly.  We have seen him “clear out” a Big from the back once this season and we were all amazed lol. 

If the cut is covered you gotta feel where to reposition or hunt for the occasional offensive board.  Not Traes strength, but it ain’t Kevin Durants either and he’s 7’8”.

With his passing talent if these guys would cut (and hit an occasional three) he’d be leading the league in assists by a wide margin like Magic and Nash used to.

Now Dejounte Dashaun Murray on the other hand who’s of similar size and even longer arms than Steph with Lego Block shoulders who presses and gambles for steals and dunks on breaks that’s a whole nother story.  He can do all of these things at a reasonable rate but never does.

Dre is injury-prone and his first step isn’t the quickest.

The Holidaze should be cutting like a mug but they’re just Holidaze.

John could cut he’s always on the perimeter.  If Jokic trusts the ballhandler he’ll cut twice a game. And he gets fouled like every time.

AJ is our last hope.  I’m sure he’ll be cuttting moderately in a couple years.

For Schlenk to have come from GS, whose coach heavily draws from Pop’s old playbook of off ball actions, his concern for it seems little to none. Especially when Clint and John are willing screeners all over the floor.  I believe some players in the league have it in their contract that they won’t do that shit, Kevin Durant exhibit 1.

Yes the gist of this rant is I can’t stand Kevin Durant.

Edited by benhillboy

• 2 weeks later...