• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young - The Man, The Viper, and The Prosecution aka The MVP aka Ice Trae

NBASupes

• Premium Member
On 4/29/2020 at 2:21 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Seems like every write up on Trae Young carries a warning label in the write up.

Warning!

Given his size and limited lateral mobility, Young will likely never be a quality defender, and playing with the worst defensive center rotation in the NBA for most of the season did little to mask his own shortcomings.

• Like 3

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Seems like every write on Trae Young carries a warning label in the write up.

Warning!

Given his size and limited lateral mobility, Young will likely never be a quality defender, and playing with the worst defensive center rotation in the NBA for most of the season did little to mask his own shortcomings.

They will until he proves them wrong.  It is now the commonly repeated narrative on him.  He's already busted some of the labels that got thrown on him.  "Terrible defender" is the next big one.

• Like 2

That was a great write up even though Tatum changed moreso than improved.  Damn I didn’t know the Mavs had the “highest rated offense ever.”  I rock with Luka all day but still think his shot selection and inability to be a defensive leader will be his teams’ fatal flaw.  Like the writer said it’s hard to see him improve much more.  If he ever gets around .400 from three then he probably could recreate a Dirk Finals MVP scenario.

• Moderators

I don't expect Trae to ever be a great defender but he's shown some knack for anticipating passes and he rebounds well, really well for a guy his size.   If he can become more a pest defender and get more steals i think this 'issue' won't be a big deal.  Especially when the team starts playing better defense. 

Of course, with the load he's carrying on offense you wonder if he'll ever be able to expend similar energy on D on a nightly basis.  

• Like 2

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Trae Young has pretty good lateral quickness. He just sucks at defending, especially giving the effort needed most of the time. Trae defense is always knocked much harder than it should be even if it is bad.

And when we become a better team defensively Trae will magically not be the 'worst defender in the league' even if he hasn't changed that much

• Like 4

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Of course, with the load he's carrying on offense you wonder if he'll ever be able to expend similar energy on D on a nightly basis.  

I'm hoping that offensive burden lessons as we become a more well rounded team next season.

• Like 4

On 4/28/2020 at 11:33 AM, Spud2nique said:

🧁 highlights.

Man that was enjoyable lol.  To Cake’s credit he tries but he’s always been a blah indi defender.  The Teague one omg.  Klay off the dribble what?!  He realized mid jump he didn’t want anything from Wiggins.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Haha 1

Here's the thing about Trae's defense. Yes, its bad. He's also a PG. He doesn't have to be earth shattering defensively at the PG position. He literally can't be, there is not one PG in the NBA that makes that kind of impact defensively. He needs to get a bit better but its more about the people around him than it is him

• Like 3

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, TheFuzz said:

Here's the thing about Trae's defense. Yes, its bad. He's also a PG. He doesn't have to be earth shattering defensively at the PG position. He literally can't be, there is not one PG in the NBA that makes that kind of impact defensively. He needs to get a bit better but its more about the people around him than it is him

This sums it up for me

“You can do a lot more,” Young said.  I think I can do a lot more. And whether it’s sliding over and taking charges on big men while they’re rolling, doing something. I can do more. I’ve just got to figure it out and find a way. I’ve got to figure it out and our team has to do a better job of figuring it out, too. We’ll get it right.”

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

What the heck.  Isn't this tweet just exactly what someone (maybe supes) said in a thread here?

I dunno.  But it's certainly what I've been saying in my periodic realgm fistfights with them clowns clownin' muh Hawks.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I dunno.  But it's certainly what I've been saying in my periodic realgm fistfights with them clowns clownin' muh Hawks.

😂 how’s it going over there with Braaaad. 🏌️♀️ 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Not too braaad .. er bad.

I spend most of my time shooting down dumbarse Hawk trades

Breaking 8 year old hearts 💕 since 86 huh? 🤨 Sorry that sounded weird. Shooting down kid’s trades huh! There. 

• Haha 3