• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young - The Man, The Viper, and The Prosecution aka The MVP aka Ice Trae

NBASupes

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I got the middle blue 🧊 I wear all the time they feel great! How are the others? Nice collection!

The TY2 is pretty tight around the ankle...its kinda elastic and squeezes hard for me at least. I kinda got used to it but definitely not as comfortable as the TY1. The Giannis's are roomy and comfy but definitely harder to match with stuff. I like the design tho.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, shakes said:

was the goal to make the ugliest shoe possible?

The first edition were great.

This year they were generic and ugly.

The one in the link isn't generic, but they tripled down on the ugliness.

Honestly I think all bball shoes are ugly.  I'm convinced people only wear then for fashion or maybe comfort.  That's fine, just not for me anymore (I'm old now).

Then again, the shoes I like are basically old school re-releases which I wear for fashion.  And I keep a few pair for comfort.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, SalvorMallow said:

OK here's all of em with a bonus Antentakoumpo for you.

20230530_193252.jpg

I actually wear them often and get mad compliments.

@Spud2nique

@kg01

@Sothron

I have 2 pairs  of the ice Trae light blues ones.  They're gorgeous, but feel like you're wearing 5 lb bricks on your feet.  Could never imagine playing in them.   But, they look nice for walking around.

I like those pink ones in the photo, very original.  Those other two pairs are ugly AF.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Honestly I think all bball shoes are ugly.  I'm convinced people only wear then for fashion or maybe comfort.  That's fine, just not for me anymore (I'm old now).

Then again, the shoes I like are basically old school re-releases which I wear for fashion.  And I keep a few pair for comfort.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.  

back when I was a hooper I only wore Nikes cause of fit.   But, back then you only had 2 choices if you wanted a top of the line Nike bball shoe.  YOu could either get the Air Jordans or you could get I think it was called the Air Max line, their standard line.  They were about the same price, maybe a little cheaper than the Jordans.

I bought one pair of Jordans and they literally disintegrated after 2 weeks of daily play.  the Air Maxes would last a solid 6 months before I needed to replace them.  That was the last and only time I ever bought Jordans.

Back then very few people played in Jordans.  You would be made fun of if you wore Jordans just like you would be made fun of if you showed up wearing a NBA jersey to pick up ball.  

Don’t know if this was posted before but Trae fans look away.  No need to add one of the most respected basketball analysts on the net to your most hated list for simply constructive criticism:

At some point in life you’ll come to grips with how negatively he affects team offense.  Turning mismatches into opposing team advantages smh.  He and you all’s big off-season get Jaylen would be a Match Made in Hades.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
52 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Don’t know if this was posted before but Trae fans look away.  No need to add one of the most respected basketball analysts on the net to your most hated list for simply constructive criticism:

At some point in life you’ll come to grips with how negatively he affects team offense.  Turning mismatches into opposing team advantages smh.  He and you all’s big off-season get Jaylen would be a Match Made in Hades.

I made it 1:38 seconds.  First he said Trae was benched when Trae consistently came out in the middle of the first quarter for a few minutes before returning to finish the quarter.  That is the normal rotation which he doesn't seem to know.  Also despite Trae playing horribly supposedly he sits with a 8 point lead.  

Then he says that Trae can't hit 30 footers consistently when he's one of the best shooters in the league from that distance. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, AHF said:

I think you are overstating his video just like you would be if you took his "Is Jimmy Butler Scared of Jayson Tatum?" video and concluded that Butler was a fundamental problem for the Heat.

He has another video singing Trae's praises as a passer with his lob and floater game. 

See:  2:00 and 2:35 among other praises

The big critique in the original video you posted is Trae settling for deep 3's and thereby making things easy for the defense in light of his low shooting % this season.  I think most of us agree he had a terrible shooting year and has work to do with his shot selection.  But Atlanta has hardly been a "big negative" on offense the last few years - #7 this year, #2 last year, #8 the year before.  And over the course of his years in Atlanta, the Hawks been MUCH better on offense with Trae on the floor than when he is off the floor.

Trae needs to be better shooting next year - both with his %s and his selection.  Nobody is arguing otherwise.

Sir, can you please find your agenda and return to the normal squawk program?

We don't like well thought out conclusions around here.

• Haha 3

TRAE  - - He is ours and he's great.  No question.  However, most of the NBA fans don't think so.  Why do I say this?  How many all star games has he been elected to?

He has his faults.  Don't we all!  Even those that are considered elite stars have their faults.  We see some of his faults in these videos.  The nice thing about these faults, many of them can and will be corrected.  He certainly should not consider himself above being coached.  Told what he needs to do to improve.  I expect improvement next season.

:smug:

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, REHawksFan said:

Trae's new pod just dropped. I listened to about half. Kinda rough to start but hoping they will settle in as they get more under their belt. Gonna catch the rest tomorrow. 

Thanks for sharing! Definitely not my fave podcast...pretty devoid of real content. His co-host is annoying. 

9 hours ago, SalvorMallow said:

Thanks for sharing! Definitely not my fave podcast...pretty devoid of real content. His co-host is annoying. 

Agree. Most pods will take 2 or 3 topics and talk about them for 10-15 minutes each so there's some depth and detail to the discussion.  This one seemed to take 50 topics and talk about each for about 45 seconds. And it was kinda all over the place.

I'm hoping it was just a first time thing and they will settle in for better discussions as they move forward.  I love the idea that Trae has his own platform so he can sort of set the record straight if there's narratives that aren't true about him floating around.  And that's what he said is part of the purpose for this.  But they just didn't go into any real detail about any of the stuff they talked about on this one.   

• Like 1