• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young - The Man, The Viper, and The Prosecution aka The MVP aka Ice Trae

NBASupes

I don't wanna give that dude clicks.  Did he at least propose a potential deal?

Lemme guess.  Something like Ntilikina and 2 future 2nds for Trae and Reddish? 

"Hawks get the defensive piece they need to pair with John Collins and Kevin Heurter plus the added bonus of 2, count 'em, 2 chances to find a diamond in the rough.  Blah, blah, blah ..."

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I don't wanna give that dude clicks.  Did he at least propose a potential deal?

Lemme guess.  Something like Ntilikina and 2 future 2nds for Trae and Reddish? 

"Hawks get the defensive piece they need to pair with John Collins and Kevin Heurter plus the added bonus of 2, count 'em, 2 chances to find a diamond in the rough.  Blah, blah, blah ..."

Not even...it's about signing Trae as a FA, since he said he would love to play there during his draft process.

30 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Not even...it's about signing Trae as a FA, since he said he would love to play there during his draft process.

Good lort.

In like 6 years?  Or they thinking he'll be done with us after his rookie deal?

They that desperate for content?

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

Hey Chris, I’m a lifelong Hawks fan, and I love watching Young play but I’m curious, do players like playing with Young? — Wesley G.

I haven’t heard one negative from players who’ve played with him in his two seasons. Even the players who’ve left have all raved about playing alongside him. Several of them have publicly and privately credited Young for raising their own level of play. What I have heard though is some of them haven’t been thrilled with his lack of effort on defense some nights. He’s going to hear more criticism this year if he doesn’t improve on that end, especially with there being expectations this season.

Hey Chris, and thanks for really excellent Hawks coverage. Now that you have covered the team and Trae for a year, do you think he has the makeup to be the guy and lead the team? On the surface, he seems to, but then I wonder when I keep hearing no effort on defense, etc. Can he be the type of leader that can command the respect of the locker room and demand guys around him play better? — Thomas M.

Thanks, Thomas! I appreciate your comment.

I do think he has the makeup to carry a team far into the playoffs one day. I’ve had countless conversations with him the past two years. I know how badly he wants to carry this team to heights it hasn’t seen since the franchise moved to this city.

As far as leadership goes, he can be that player who commands the most respect in the locker room at some point. He wasn’t at that level this season, and some of the things he said at points during the season definitely rubbed some guys the wrong way because some felt like Young could take more blame for not trying as hard as he could defensively.

He’s 21 years old. He’s going to continue growing on and off the floor. I do think he understands that he needs to be better defensively for the Hawks to reach their full potential.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Yeah I'm about to get bann'd from rgm.  Some body just posted another anti trae/praise looka thread.  I know imma sucker but I'm goin in both fists a-swingin.

I regret nothiiiiiiiiiiiiiing .......

They also think we'll jump at the chance to trade Young, Reddish and Elevteen picks for James Harden.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

They also think we'll jump at the chance to trade Young, Reddish and Elevteen picks for James Harden.

The grass is always greener on the other end but let them know this ain’t your uncle’s Hawks. This Hawks team isn’t a minor league team for you big city 🌃 jock chasers in NY LA Houston and Chi town. Miami too. Fckem all 😂 Ya I better not go there.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Yeah I'm about to get bann'd from rgm.  Some body just posted another anti trae/praise looka thread.  I know imma sucker but I'm goin in both fists a-swingin.

I regret nothiiiiiiiiiiiiiing .......

GETTEM @kg01!!! :boxing: