Trae Young - The Man, The Viper, and The Prosecution aka The MVP aka Ice Trae

NBASupes

On 6/15/2020 at 3:18 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Quite the talented company Trae is keeping in stats these days. "Mercurial Rise" is a term you hear every once in a while. Believe it applies here.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, AHF said:

What follows those words from Spud is rarely good...

Frightened GIF - Find on GIFER

Oh, thank goodness.

Relieved GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

(And no Patrick Stewart gifs just for Spud)

🤣 🤣 what theeeeee! I got got! 

Gooooooooooooooooooot heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeem

• Haha 4

Looks like Trae will be with Klutch sports. If you guys don't know, Chris Haynes is kind of Trae's media mouthpiece (not negatively, just seem Chris has a good relationship with Trae and his dad). 

No idea why Trae moving to Klutch semi scares me.  Maybe it'll help us in the future whenever the Hawks are good.  Maybe they'll convience Trae to go to the Lakers or NY.

schmidt-puking.gif

Edited by marco102
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Looks like Trae will be with Klutch sports. If you guys don't know, Chris Haynes is kind of Trae's media mouthpiece (not negatively, just seem Chris has a good relationship with Trae and his dad). 

No idea why Trae moving to Klutch semi scares me.  Maybe it'll help us in the future whenever the Hawks are good.  Maybe they'll convience Trae to go to the Lakers or NY.

schmidt-puking.gif

I hope the former. I think Trae wants to be in Atlanta. It’s his team and he’s building it. Seems like the kind of guy that wants to stay with one team for his whole career. I’m just guessing but that’s the vibe I get. Conversely, if we don’t win soon all bets are off.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Cam and Trae have a great relationship with LeBron

I’d have to agree with @marco102 this isn’t necessarily a good thing at all. The hawks have their window open to be good with trae I hope schlenk doesn’t fail us or Trae will definitely make his way out like AD did. 
I know many out there are saying be patient, stick with the process don’t rush it, continue to develop and blah blah blah ...good things will happen BUT when you draft a legit star who can easily be a superstar in this league and you’re a mid level or small market in my own personal opinion you don’t have that long! 
It’s important to keep trae happy and hopefully by year 5 or 6 of his career we will be or a Easy move away from being a legitimate contender.

i fear losing trae but we have plenty of time to get it right and build the right kind of team around him . One thing I’ve never liked about Lebron is how he hopped to so many different team’s for a player of his caliber. It’s certainly nothing wrong with it and players should be allowed to do what they want come free agency...I’m just old school and don’t like that shit.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

I hope the former. I think Trae wants to be in Atlanta. It’s his team and he’s building it. Seems like the kind of guy that wants to stay with one team for his whole career. I’m just guessing but that’s the vibe I get. Conversely, if we don’t win soon all bets are off.

Lol I don’t get the same vibe...I actually think if we have another losing season next season...there will be strong rumors of trae wanting to go to okc his hometown.

i don’t think it has anything to do with Atlanta in particular if trae allows his camp to spread rumors (not saying that’s going to happen just speaking hypothetically if we have a bad season next year again & trae pulled a lebron)...but it will have everything to do with faith in Schlenk . Trae knows he can get asses in seats even though this is ATL so he’s not going to leave us and give the horford reasoning about all of the empty seats .....no secret we get bad rep for not showing support to the pro teams but trae plays an exciting brand of basketball that alone brought in a higher crowd percentage even during this losing season ....if we start winning games I have no doubt Atlanta will fill up the arena so it won’t be anything regarding lack of fans 

anyways to put it short I don’t think trae is fully committed to Atlanta even though he has good amount of years before he’s a unrestricted free agent. If we start winning games then yeah full commitment in my opinion . But right now ....nah...I can see Schlenk trying to extend trae long term next off season and Trae saying nah (if we have another bad season)

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, JTB said:

Lol I don’t get the same vibe...I actually think if we have another losing season next season...there will be strong rumors of trae wanting to go to okc his hometown.

i don’t think it has anything to do with Atlanta in particular if trae allows his camp to spread rumors (not saying that’s going to happen just speaking hypothetically if we have a bad season next year again & trae pulled a lebron)...but it will have everything to do with faith in Schlenk . Trae knows he can get asses in seats even though this is ATL so he’s not going to leave us and give the horford reasoning about all of the empty seats .....no secret we get bad rep for not showing support to the pro teams but trae plays an exciting brand of basketball that alone brought in a higher crowd percentage even during this losing season ....if we start winning games I have no doubt Atlanta will fill up the arena so it won’t be anything regarding lack of fans 

anyways to put it short I don’t think trae is fully committed to Atlanta even though he has good amount of years before he’s a unrestricted free agent. If we start winning games then yeah full commitment in my opinion . But right now ....nah...I can see Schlenk trying to extend trae long term next off season and Trae saying nah (if we have another bad season)

Trae can say Nah, but he'd still be a restricted free agent.  Travis will have control of Trae for about 6 years.  There's no way Trae is turning down a max extension with the current climate of the NBA whether the Hawks lose next season or not. If anything, if the Hawks build a roster that should compete and we have a terrible season, then Lloyd will be gone.  I don't think that's going to happen though on either account.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

We shall see. I’m banking on us being a playoff team next year.

Couple other interesting names with Klutch and on our timeline.

Montrezl Harrell (Free agent)

Ben Simmons (via trade)

Give me Embiid over Simmons.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2