• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young - The Man, The Viper, and The Prosecution aka The MVP aka Ice Trae

NBASupes

On 7/3/2020 at 8:08 PM, Spud2nique said:

As a bulls fan if u have no problem with the Knicks? 🤔 

Nah.  I was indifferent to those teams, especially with Allan Houston as their “best” player.  I don’t think they ever posed a real threat to the Bulls.  The Knicks are only worthy of pity since Ewing left.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Moderators

In addition to the obvious number of deep threes on our chart, we've got a pretty high number of shots above league average right inside the 3pt arc.   Hopefully, we can get those areas blank in next year's version.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Good for Trae!

Finally, the third team:

G – Trae Young, Hawks

G – Jimmy Butler, Heat

F – Khris Middleton, Bucks

F – Pascal Siakam, Raptors

C – Nikola Jokic, Nuggets

Third team All-NBA is usually hard; somehow, this year it wasn’t. Middleton, Siakam and Jokic were no-brainers once I left them off the top two lines, while Butler was quite clearly the next-best guard after Lillard and Paul.

The only real debate in my mind was Young against Lowry for the third team, a choice that would have tilted much more heavily in Lowry’s favor had he played more than 52 games.

There will be some momentum to put Washington’s Bradley Beal on the third team after he finished the year averaging 30.5 points per game. However, Beal’s defense was arguably even worse than Young’s, and his scoring exploits were somewhat volume driven (a league-leading 22.9 shot attempts per game).

In fact, if you’re going to stump for a DH-type at the guard position, I would argue that Phoenix’s Devin Booker would be a better choice than Beal – he defended  more credibly than Beal (low bar here), and played every game.

An even better choice, I think, is to leave both off and go with the five names above.

None of our rookies got on All-Rookie 1st or 2nd team.

• Like 2