• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young - The Man, The Viper, and The Prosecution aka The MVP aka Ice Trae

NBASupes

8 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Im calling it now. Ignoring the fact that they will forever be tied to one another because of the draft, Luka will be this new generations Larry Bird and Trae will be Isiah Thomas.

Both all time greats, both multi-champions, both Hall of Famers. One will be beloved by the masses no matter what he does, the other will have haters even after he retires. 

Thats just the way its gonna be it seems. Sucks for Trae, its the curse of Atlanta sports. But its not going to stop this kid from playing great or  keep us Hawks fans from enjoying every second of it.

Cheers to Trae Young, Zeke 2.0

I don't even think Trae will be as good an overall player as Zeke. That said, offensively, Trae could be the best ever. People not giving Trae the chance he deserves. He creates so many high value opportunities. If we had sharps off the bench, we could capitalize off of it. Cam and Hunter will have to come through in 2020-21. We also need more finishers. Capela and JC are tremendous but Dedmon and Bruno aren't. 

20 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Luka's great and so is Trae.  Why do you have to try to bring Trae down to uplift Luka? There's an entire Luka is greater than Trae and always will be thread that @NBASupes created that you could have posted that in.

And nobody ever mentions the Cam pick either...Its always just we traded Luka for Trae..

• Like 2

1 minute ago, terrell said:

And nobody ever mentions the Cam pick either...Its always just we traded Luka for Trae..

Because Cam is nationally irrelevant af. Only Hawknation values him and rightfully so. Hopefully the world will see in year 2. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

We? You sound like you need one of those ugly Mav's graffiti jerseys right now. WE don't have to remind ourselves of anything. Debbie downers come out the wood works after one shot. Forget "keep that energy" how about "Take that weak, negative energy somewhere else" because WE is good over here.

Yep.... And most of the people coming out of the wood works on social media, said they would never watch NBA basketball again because of social justice stuff........lol

Edited by terrell

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Because Cam is nationally irrelevant af. Only Hawknation values him and rightfully so. Hopefully the world will see in year 2. 

But you still cant call it an even swap without mentioning the pick regardless.....When they do, I dont even read the comments...lol

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Trae Twitter bout to go off on his boy D Mitch dropping an opposing player NBA history playoff high 50! 😳 

D Mitch had 57 pts in the first game though.

ION Know @kg01 D. Mitch is looking like somone I'd love to have with Trae.   That kid has been clutch!

Edited by marco102
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, hawkzlova123 said:

This is just for tonight but why o why did we not stay put and took luka!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The story from TS is we were going to take him but we got a great offer. From what my guy says is that Atlanta made a promise to Trae's family and that Luka was never going to be a Hawk. He was going to be a Grizzlie. Trae was always going to be our pick. Dallas jumped Memphis to get Luka more than anything. 

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The story from TS is we were going to take him but we got a great offer. From what my guy says is that Atlanta made a promise to Trae's family and that Luka was never going to be a Hawk. He was going to be a Grizzlie. Trae was always going to be our pick. Dallas jumped Memphis to get Luka more than anything. 

Good that kinda calms me...

ISTLL believe that luka needs to prove himself

A game winnerplayoff game will not push you to the upper class*cough* Horford. 

Lets see how this series plays out. Itll be very interesting. 

With that outta the way. I still love trae and believe he can do this with better contribution. Heck, we might be playing right now if it wasnt for needle boy, j/k.

7 hours ago, marco102 said:

D Mitch had 57 pts in the first game though.

ION Know @kg01 D. Mitch is looking like somone I'd love to have with Trae.   That kid has been clutch!

Dude looked spectacular.  No denying that.

On the flip side, I hope people are starting to see that an offense-only C is a bigger liability than a defense-challenged PG.  You can hide Trae.  You can't hide ol' fat-arse aka the Joke-ic.

Th-th-th-thread-jack!!

"Ooooh, lookit the fancy passes." 

Yeah, but can he rebound?  Can he rim protect?  No?  Well, get a guard to do guard things and get a center that can do center things.

Oh and where's the phenom?  Kevin Durant 2.0.  The man.  The myth that put up like 15 points on 13 shots in that one exhibition.  Surely he can save the Nuggs, right?  They've been waiting to break the glass for just such an occasion. 

Please.  That's some ol' Bol-sh*t.

😎

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Moderators

Literally no one expected this much out of Luka on draft night.  All the folks constantly chirping about the trade are either idiots or people who claimed Luka would be good and Trae would be a bust.   Since they were so far off on that they are desperate to convince people that the trade was some kind of colossal mistake which is impossible given that these two have BOTH put together historic rookie/sophmore seasons.  

How sad is it that Luka has a game for the ages and half his fans only want to talk down about Trae vs celebrating their guy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Moderators
12 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Trae's teammates better shoot the ball and defend better.

Hard to act like a guy who averaged 29 pts - 9 assists, was an All-Star starter, and SHOULD at least be 3rd team All-NBA, has to play even better, in order for his team to win.  Time for his teammates to step up.  Time for the coach to employ the right schemes and play the right lineups.  And time for the GM to get the right vets to compliment our youth.

Trae has made his vast improvement 2 years ahead of schedule.  Time for others to do so.

I'm with you.  I was worried about the downside with Trae on draft night and didn't figure for his ceiling to be as high as I now think it is.  

I do want to see him get stronger and better on defense.  I do want to see his ball protection tighten up some.  But he has come so far so quickly that if he merely replicates what he was doing this season next year then I won't hate that at all.  He needs to get there on D but I'm confident it will happen over time (that he gets closer to neutral - not that he becomes Gary Payton) but I'm all on board with Trae regardless for what he has shown to date.

Roster depth and his teammates improving are the key for our season next year.  Just having Trae repeat 29/9 with a TS% just below 60% is fantastic.  Improving his defense and ballhandling will be what puts him in the MVP discussion.  (Actually, it is probably our team's W/L that does that but it is what should put him in the discussion for best player in the game and he doesn't need to hit that level for me to be happy with him.)

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, AHF said:

Many Lukastans are douches that I want nothing to do with.  I make it a point to avoid those pointless exercises in them wanting to **** on Trae and others because of their own fragile egos.  They can go **** themselves.

I’m a little frightened and impressed all at once. Let me know if you wanna tepee ⛺️ anyone’s house. Toilet paper 🧻 is now fully stocked again. 

26 minutes ago, AHF said:

I don't need to because I'm not that shallow or insecure.

I envy that.

5 hours ago, AHF said:

Many Lukastans are douches that I want nothing to do with.  I make it a point to avoid those pointless exercises in them wanting to **** on Trae and others because of their own fragile egos.  They can go **** themselves.

But I'm not going to do the same thing they did and crap on Luka to make myself feel better about Trae.  I don't need to because I'm not that shallow or insecure.  I'm loving what Trae has done and am so happy to have him as a Hawk and I'm super excited about the development and upside for Cam Reddish.  I didn't want to do the trade on draft night but I'm very happy with how things turned out - both with Trae and with the second pick materializing into Cam.  

Exactly. I was pissed to the highest of pisstivity when they announced the trade...But to come away with Trae and Cam has made me feel Alot better about it...That SL game vs the Bulls is when I knew Trae was gonna be a player...I was panicking after those 1st couple of games. lol.. Now Imagine if Trae was actually a bust like some thought hed be at this level.....Schlenk would be looking for a job. lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 3

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

One day I hope we get to hear this story because I always assumed it was Luka to ATL if they couldn't get the Dallas deal done. 

So if the Dallas trade doesn't happen then who are we taking at 3?  We take JJJ, memphis takes Luka, and Dallas takes ... bomba?  that doesn't make any sense.  

Unless Atl had another trade lined up.  

• Like 1

Re:  this Luka vs Trey debate

I encourage y’all to look at some of the classic home court threads.  We used to argue over the suckiest players EVER.  I’m talking Marvin Williams.  Yi Jianling.

Hell I can’t even remember who we drafted the year Li was picked 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1
  • Haha 2