• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young - The Man, The Viper, and The Prosecution aka The MVP aka Ice Trae

NBASupes

8 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Well what are you waiting for?..Tell Trae to stop missing 3's

I'm really not sure what your problem is. I'm simply citing the data.  It is what it is.  If you don't like it, ignore it.  If you don't think it's persuasive in showing what works and what doesn't work, fine. But you continually mocking factual data only makes you look silly.  

I happen to think the sample size is large enough to be somewhat meaningful, especially as it pertains to the way Trae plays.  

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

I'm really not sure what your problem is. I'm simply citing the data.  It is what it is.  If you don't like it, ignore it.  If you don't think it's persuasive in showing what works and what doesn't work, fine. But you continually mocking factual data only makes you look silly.  

I happen to think the sample size is large enough to be somewhat meaningful, especially as it pertains to the way Trae plays.  

Meaningless stats that no one can control.  It like saying that when the Hawks as a team shoot .500 from 3, dominate the glass, commit fewer than 5 turnovers while limiting their opponents to 30% shooting. They win 100% of the time.  Give it a rest!

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Meaningless stats that no one can control.  It like saying that when the Hawks as a team shoot .500 from 3, dominate the glass, commit fewer than 5 turnovers while limiting their opponents to 30% shooting. They win 100% of the time.  Give it a rest!

Nah.....but thanks for the input.  Feel free to ignore.  

Edited by REHawksFan

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Every where I go media and fans are dismissing Nate and job he has done.  I see the changes with my own Eyes cause things were much different last night and even in previous game with Nate as coach.  Guys were grinding even when shots weren't falling.  Trae was grinding.  I've never seen Trae grind like that.  They seem to want to play for Nate and that's obvious.  I think we will see this style of play from the team going forward this season.

Last night showed you that he has it in him.

I'd just avoid making too many judgments until we get a larger data size in.  I'm very happy with the early returns and am not dismissing anything Nate has done but saying SSS.

I don't think any of that really has much to do with the playoff/regular season issue either so we'll have to see how teams scheme for us when we are in the post-season where game plans get much more developed and specific.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'd just avoid making too many judgments until we get a larger data size in.  I'm very happy with the early returns and am not dismissing anything Nate has done but saying SSS.

I don't think any of that really has much to do with the playoff/regular season issue either so we'll have to see how teams scheme for us when we are in the post-season where game plans get much more developed and specific.

Y'all never listen to me lol!  Guess I have to make another thread so y'all can weigh in and regret everything said months later. LOL!

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Y'all never listen to me lol!  Guess I have to make another thread so y'all can weigh in and regret everything said months later. LOL!

When you are wrong, you renege on your bets and run away so I'm not giving you extra credit for making snap decisions.

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

• Moderators
48 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

OK you are going to go there.  Got it.

Until you honor your word I will go there from time to time - especially if you start bashing people for not simply accepting your predictions when they are coming without a meaningful sample size.

In the case of LP, I was never a big fan - just stated that I hoped he would succeed and that we hadn't seen what he could do with a roster that wasn't designed to lose.  In the case of Nate, I think the move to him was the right one and  have been happy with what we've seen so far.  He could be our long-term coach and his experience seems well matched for a team with so little experience.  A new voice was needed and I hope he will prove to be the right one.

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This sounds all great and rosy, but here's the thing - until ALL/MOST of the offensive burden is lifted from his shoulders it's a tall ask to expect this level all the time.  We've seen it in spurts so we know he can do it.  The others need to step up and do there part (like last night). Think about how much energy he is expounding just tryin to free himself when a team is playing ball deny or double teams cause them other dudes are scrubbing it up trying to get him back the ball instead of trying to make a play using their extra man advantage. There has to be a balance to this.

Oh no question, balanced teams should invite doubles.  Missing a competent BU that can play alongside Trae hurts and as much as we love the effort from John and Clint they aren’t exactly Jokic as passing Bigs.  Cam’s regression offensively was surprising.  Kevin has a 3:1 assist to turn but isn’t as aggressive/ physical as you’d like.  I still have no idea what to make of Bogi but I don’t notice a very quick decision-making process that could exploit overplays and presses I could be wrong.

I have no idea how much energy reserves Trae has but his effort last night was Steph every night of their championship run, especially without KD.  A classic stat line from him didn’t involve 44 points.  It was 22 with 7 boards, 7 assists, 2 turns, 3 steals, a block, and 5 more drag or screen assists.  His movement made Draymond into a brilliant passer, which maximized his and Klay’s efficiency.

It’s a give and take cycle, once Trae gets better defensive habits locked in and the ability to translate his on ball dominance  to gravity off the ball everyone will find the game a little bit easier/ less strenuous.  Good coaching forces guys to play-make who you wouldn’t have even expected.  Most teams don’t trap or deny well anyway so it’ll just be a matchup thing in terms of expending energy to combat them. If he ever makes it to the Conference Finals he’s gonna need to be ready for it all game long.

Edited by benhillboy

• 3 weeks later...

Media doesn’t like Trae. Fans love him however...I don’t think we’ve ever had a player like that in hawks franchise where even fans outside of hawks fans like a player a lot but the media is just ok on him.

• Like 1