• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young - The Man, The Viper, and The Prosecution aka The MVP aka Ice Trae

NBASupes

18 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Phil had to come in and teach him how to play team ball. 

I’m so glad Nique was in his prime versus Jordan in his, I was never really in awe of Jordan like that.   Jordan was the superior two-way player of course but I think Nique had better shot selection and didn’t mind getting off or playing off as much as Jordan.  I always likened Jordan under Doug Collins to MVP Candidate Westbrook.  Legendary athleticism that no doubt leads to wins, but big enough holes in their team ball approach to contribute to losses especially in the playoffs.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3

• Moderators
On 4/10/2021 at 7:54 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

On 4/10/2021 at 10:53 PM, RandomFan said:

44 for MJ is just bonkers

The inserting of date qualifiers in here is known as the "let's not even talk about Wilt" qualifier.  

Wilt had 58 "50 point games" his first 3 seasons and 128 "40 point" games.  (He also had 17 "60 point" games.)

That is bonkers.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
On 4/12/2021 at 12:00 PM, AHF said:

The inserting of date qualifiers in here is known as the "let's not even talk about Wilt" qualifier.  

Wilt had 58 "50 point games" his first 3 seasons and 128 "40 point" games.  (He also had 17 "60 point" games.)

That is bonkers.

Wow. 

On 4/13/2021 at 10:37 PM, Plainview1981 said:

While Trae scores points and gets some assists, I think he should be more efficient as he gets more talent around him.

He has talent around him. Capela is one of the better bigs in the NBA. JC is a borderline all star. Bogi has been tremendous. Trae needs his shots to go in the basket 

10 hours ago, bleachkit said:

He has talent around him. Capela is one of the better bigs in the NBA. JC is a borderline all star. Bogi has been tremendous. Trae needs his shots to go in the basket 

That's what I meant.

He should more effecient than he was a year ago.

Edited by Plainview1981

Not sure if anyone has discussed this but I’m just gonna cover it, or cover it again.

Trae Young is 7th place in Hawks history for total 3 pointers made with 481 (through tonight). 

1. Mookie 1050

2. JJ  908

3. Kyle  818

4. Jet Terry  648

5. Steve Smith  549

6.  Nique  500

7.  Trae 481

With 15 games left, assuming he makes at least 2 a game (lowballing a bit) he gets 30 more and winds up passing Nique and ending up between 510-520 and gets to 6th.

2021-2022 - Assuming he stays healthy in an 82 game schedule he will hit 200 or so if he stays healthy, end up with 710-725 (ballpark) gets into 4th and passes Smitty and Jet.

2022-2023 -Health stays strong, 200+ gets him to 900-925 passes Kyle and JJ for 2nd all time.

2023-2024- “ “ 200+  1125-1150 passes Mookie for the record.

Guessing Jan/Feb 2024 Trae becomes the all time 3pt made leader.

I know I know, one day at a time...

One game at a time. 

Nice work Trae!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Does Trae make an all-NBA team this year?

You see names like Beal and Lavine tossed around but, if Trae was too much of a loser to make it last year, not sure how those guys are locks this year.

Trae may not deserve 1st team but he deserves 2nd or 3rd.

• Like 2

This man sandwiched between Max Staus and Mikal Bridges for 98th in RPM.  I may be the first person on this board to call him a role player.  Hold up let me do it formally, “Trae is a role player.”  

Capela’s been a constant all season, no one argues his impact.  The outstanding play early on was spearheaded by Dre’s MIP pace.  The dip clearly coincided with his injury.  The uptick in play is clearly attached to Bogi’s clean bill of health and Nate’s no-nonsense style.  I didn’t even mention John who has always had an impact greater than and independent of Trae.  Trae is just a guy here.

Don't gang up on me all at once.  Just come at me one-by-one Kung fu style lol.

Edited by benhillboy

12 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

This man sandwiched between Max Staus and Mikal Bridges for 98th in RPM.  I may be the first person on this board to call him a role player.  Hold up let me do it formally, “Trae is a role player.”  

Capela’s been a constant all season, no one argues his impact.  The outstanding play early on was spearheaded by Dre’s MIP pace.  The dip clearly coincided with his injury.  The uptick in play is clearly attached to Bogi’s clean bill of health and Nate’s no-nonsense style.  I didn’t even mention John who has always had an impact greater than and independent of Trae.  Trae is just a guy here.

I'm not cause you know this is bullsh*t!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Nah I hope they all come at you, bro.

I've had this gif on ice for a while.  Been dying for a reason to break it out.

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e470hckvqfddgknj8bmmi

• Haha 3