• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young - The Man, The Viper, and The Prosecution aka The MVP aka Ice Trae

NBASupes

1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

The two best takes I heard all day today about Trae kind of contradict each other.

#1 was Jalen Rose saying that it's lazy to compare Trae with Steph because they have 2 different play styles and get buckets in completely different ways. Thank God someone finally said it out loud.

#2, I can't remember if it was Nick Wright, but someone said that Trae was the evil twin version of Curry. Coming in to arenas as a villian with evil intentions. Called him Wario for crying out loud 😂  And when you look at him, it's kind of spot on, Trae has this devilish grin and the Wario mustache going on. Not to mention the chins are identical lol

Look at the thumbnails, Wario might be Trae's twin  

If you wanna call him a villain, he's Snidely Whiplash.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cam1218 said:

I think the interview was on TNT, but they asked Trae about how he feels about being the villain. His response was something along the lines of I’m actually a really nice guy so I don’t get the villain thing, but that’s cool. He just wants to win, doesn’t make you the bad guy unless you are beating teams the media cares about lol.

Trae can be a nice guy all he wants in his head, but when you tell a crowd to shushhh, shoot and hit a dagger Bomb when the crowd is trying to give their home team an ovation, then bow after it, then wave goodbye to another crowd, and then show up in a 3rd road arena and shimmy 3 and throw backboard alley oops, none of that is "Nice Guy"  behavior.

Trae is no doubt a great guy off the court. And he never deserved the criticism or the boos he got. But this is about what he has done on the court, and on the court he has BAD intentions. He isn't here to play nice, he is rubbing all kinds of salt in wounds and trolling AND winning while he does it. 

Im not complaining or knocking it. Im just saying, you can't be all "Awe shucks, Im just a nice guy" after you did what you did in front of the whole world. He is carrying big D energy every time he steps on the floor.

He can still be a nice guy, but on the court he is a BAAAAD Man, and there's nothin anyone can do about it.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Trae can be a nice guy all he wants in his head, but when you tell a crowd to shushhh, shoot and hit a dagger Bomb when the crowd is trying to give their home team an ovation, then bow after it, then wave goodbye to another crowd, and then show up in a 3rd road arena and shimmy 3 and throw backboard alley oops, none of that is "Nice Guy"  behavior.

Trae is no doubt a great guy off the court. And he never deserved the criticism or the boos he got. But this is about what he has done on the court, and on the court he has BAD intentions. He isn't here to play nice, he is rubbing all kinds of salt in wounds and trolling AND winning while he does it. 

Im not complaining or knocking it. Im just saying, you can't be all "Awe shucks, Im just a nice guy" after you did what you did in front of the whole world. He is carrying big D energy every time he steps on the floor.

He can still be a nice guy, but on the court he is a BAAAAD Man, and there's nothin anyone can do about it.

Plausible deniability. They won't see him coming if he pretends to be a sweetheart.

Looks like he's trolling a little bit. When they asked why he shimmied before the three he said he was catching his breath lmao.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

This may be a broken record for Hawks fans but it's news for the rest of the world, but Trae Young is literally must see TV now.

The Flash, the Audacity, the Mentality.

Villian or not, he is becoming one of those guys that you will pay money to see. I'm speaking from the perspective of non-Hawks fans now. We already knew this. But now if you're a Knicks fan and Trae is coming to town, you want to be in the building if not just to boo him. (Philly fans may be a little sick of seeing him right now) But seriously, what he is doing on the court, whether you root for him or against him, makes the game exciting and fun to watch. 
If Im a Bucks fan I dare him to shimmy again just so I can laugh louder if he misses or loses. Either way Im not looking away for a second because I don't want to miss a moment he is on the court.
He is one of those guys that keeps opponents up at night, not just because he  may score on me or win the game, but because you wonder if he is going to put you on the receiving side of one of his highlights plays. Trae will turn you in to a viral YouTube sensation but for all the wrong reason lol

This kid is a box office draw. That's why he is getting so much more praise. The league, and the networks are finally seeing dollar signs when they look at Trae. They are going to capitalize on this moment as much as they can.

I watched every college game of his I could during the tank. He was electric at Oklahoma and he had that "it" factor back then. I was sold on him even though the Hawks already had Schro and Doncic would have been the more logical pick. I wanted the Hawks to take him 3rd overall, so I was in total agreement with the Hawks trading for him on Draft night. The reaction to that trade was pretty strong so I kept quiet about it. With all that said, even I didn't think he would be doing what he was doing in college at the NBA level this soon. He's bringing an excitement and flair to the NBA that I haven't seen in quite some time and he's winning while doing it. The Hawks won't have to worry about lack of national TV coverage next season. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
On 6/24/2021 at 10:54 PM, RedDawg#8 said:

Agree but he is a pretty nice dude until you mess with him, then he turns into an animal. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

This may be a broken record for Hawks fans but it's news for the rest of the world, but Trae Young is literally must see TV now.

The Flash, the Audacity, the Mentality.

Villian or not, he is becoming one of those guys that you will pay money to see. I'm speaking from the perspective of non-Hawks fans now. We already knew this. But now if you're a Knicks fan and Trae is coming to town, you want to be in the building if not just to boo him. (Philly fans may be a little sick of seeing him right now) But seriously, what he is doing on the court, whether you root for him or against him, makes the game exciting and fun to watch. 
If Im a Bucks fan I dare him to shimmy again just so I can laugh louder if he misses or loses. Either way Im not looking away for a second because I don't want to miss a moment he is on the court.
He is one of those guys that keeps opponents up at night, not just because he  may score on me or win the game, but because you wonder if he is going to put you on the receiving side of one of his highlights plays. Trae will turn you in to a viral YouTube sensation but for all the wrong reason lol

This kid is a box office draw. That's why he is getting so much more praise. The league, and the networks are finally seeing dollar signs when they look at Trae. They are going to capitalize on this moment as much as they can.

That’s why it was so baffling they didn’t jump on board sooner. They missed out on a whole season of this kind of play trying to protect their poor early takes.  If I am one of those networks, I am searching for this kind of stuff frantically and building it up as much as I can. I would do the same thing with Charlotte and LaMelo Ball. Get out early on these young studs. Everybody wins. 

• Like 1

When Trae hurt his ankle, it felt like the season was over. Either way..great run.

On a side note: Is it time to consider firing Emorys ass ? I don’t think I’ve ever seen this many injuries on a Hawks team ever

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

When Trae hurt his ankle, it felt like the season was over. Either way..great run.

On a side note: Is it time to consider firing Emorys ass ? I don’t think I’ve ever seen this many injuries on a Hawks team ever

Yeah they ass.  I know injuries happen but it seems they have no handle on the best methods of prevention.  That said Trae’s   ankle durability is well below average for an NBA player.  I’ve never seen a player who’s pedestrian ankle turns result in MRI irregularities every damn time.

Steph went through something similar early  in his career.  Hopefully Trae can connect with him and get some pointers on how to strengthen/ maintain his lower body health.  Having a capable full-time BU would go a long way too.

• Like 1