• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young - The Man, The Viper, and The Prosecution aka The MVP aka Ice Trae

NBASupes

Just now, macdaddy said:

It'll be interesting to see Luka's year.   If the Mavs are going to win his scoring numbers will have to take a dip just like Trae's did.  

"Aw you jussa hater, cause all dem Hawks fans cain't stand Louka." - M. Cuban

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

I'm starting to think Trae really is gonna burn the village down to feel it's warmth ....

I scared ..... hold me, marco.

Zeke had MJ working against him behind the scenes. 

Trae has LP. Lloyd apparently is the golden child of young coaches. His history with Trae all but assures the 2 will never work together with the national team again. 1 or the other but not both.

• Premium Member
48 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Trae has LP. Lloyd apparently is the golden child of young coaches. His history with Trae all but assures the 2 will never work together with the national team again. 1 or the other but not both.

I know who I would pick and it certainly isn’t the guy who does not coach an NBA team anymore.  Especially since his previous team played astoundingly better after he was gone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Do we know exactly what happened there?

Also, credit @Spud2nique who consistently says Trae is this generation's Zeke.  I can definitely see Trae being the guy who's talent and accomplishments put him in HOF class but have his peers never really accept him the way Thomas' peers kinda sorta didn't accept him.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Do we know exactly what happened there?

All speculative on my part. Connecting the dots.

Pop went to bat for LP saying the Hawks made a huge mistake firing him, blamed our front office for not building a team that could win ( which goes to show what he thinks of our players). Pop has yet to comment on the success of Nate. So Im sure there is a lack of "keeping it real" behind closed doors. Pop, who carries so much respect, isn't going to feel inclined to backtrack on his comments. So it only makes sense for him to double down and support LP even more. Any negative opinion LP has about the Hawks or Trae, Pop will support it and Lloyd. I'm sure in their inner circle there is a bit of resentment towards Trae and what they consider to be players like him. Young stars who get their way from the franchise and get their HC's fired. (Something to that effect)

I don't see anyone in USA basketball willing to go against Pop, or go to bat for Trae. It's not worth ruffling feathers in house. They can just choose anyone else and avoid the potential locker room friction.