• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young - The Man, The Viper, and The Prosecution aka The MVP aka Ice Trae

NBASupes

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Does this concern Trae? 

Nope, but it should concern Curry, Harden, so forth. Trae’s is the stop-on-a-dime-get-mauled-from-behind ✋ 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, hazer said:

Nope, but it should concern Curry, Harden, so forth. Trae’s is the stop-on-a-dime-get-mauled-from-behind ✋ 

Thanks I just texted my Warrior friends in a mass text apologizing for this new rule and how Curry will be less effective due to it. I told them Haze said so.. sooo .. :unsure:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, hazer said:

Charania reported in June the league was looking to limit the number of calls players generate on non-basketball moves, with the NBA Summer League in August discussed as a potential start date for the rule change.

The use of non-basketball moves to generate foul calls has been a hot topic in the NBA for some time.

James Harden of the Brooklyn Nets and Trae Young of the Atlanta Hawks are two of the most notorious offenders of the non-basketball move that gets a whistle from the officials.

Typically, players will use an unnatural shooting motion and flail their legs while in the air to convince a referee that an opposing player has touched them to throw their mechanics out of whack.

During a Dec. 30 game against the Nets in which Young went to the free-throw line 16 times, Brooklyn head coach Steve Nash appeared to tell one of the officials "that's not basketball."

Young responded in January by telling reporters he "learned a lot about drawing fouls from" watching Nash as a player.

Depending on how aggressively the officials enforce the new rules, those foul-drawing players may have to find a new way to generate calls that get them to the free-throw line.   

• Haha 1

Just now, Spud2nique said:

Charania reported in June the league was looking to limit the number of calls players generate on non-basketball moves, with the NBA Summer League in August discussed as a potential start date for the rule change.

The use of non-basketball moves to generate foul calls has been a hot topic in the NBA for some time.

James Harden of the Brooklyn Nets and Trae Young of the Atlanta Hawks are two of the most notorious offenders of the non-basketball move that gets a whistle from the officials.

Typically, players will use an unnatural shooting motion and flail their legs while in the air to convince a referee that an opposing player has touched them to throw their mechanics out of whack.

During a Dec. 30 game against the Nets in which Young went to the free-throw line 16 times, Brooklyn head coach Steve Nash appeared to tell one of the officials "that's not basketball."

Young responded in January by telling reporters he "learned a lot about drawing fouls from" watching Nash as a player.

Depending on how aggressively the officials enforce the new rules, those foul-drawing players may have to find a new way to generate calls that get them to the free-throw line.   

How do you name Trae and Harden specifically and not mention Curry. That guy has been doing it longer than anyone. Now that our guy is good at it they change the rules. Way to go Adam Silver, way to succumb to pressure.

• Thanks 3

58 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

How do you name Trae and Harden specifically and not mention Curry. That guy has been doing it longer than anyone. Now that our guy is good at it they change the rules. Way to go Adam Silver, way to succumb to pressure.

It's so maddening, I just have to walk away from the conversation.

The "tricks" used by Trae are nothing like what Har_en does.  Do they both try to draw fouls?  Obviously, yes .... but so does each and every primary ballhandler on literally every team in the league.  Every one.

Does Trae "flail his legs while in the air to convince a referee that an opposing player has touched them to throw their mechanics out of whack"?

ABSOLUTELY NOT!

Conspicuous in it's absence, is any significant mention of the start/stop play which is Trae's "move".  Why is it absent?  Because, no matter how teams hate it, IT'S A FREAKING FOUL.

You can't advise referees to clairvoyantly determine a guy initiated contact by simply stopping in place.  It makes no logical sense.  Their only remedy, which they took very early on in the season, is to not grant continuation.  

The whole thing is an exercise in people lacking reading comprehension.  It's all sound and fury signifying nothing to appease the masses into thinking they're actually doing anything.  When, in reality, they're just not.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Does Trae "flail his legs while in the air to convince a referee that an opposing player has touched them to throw their mechanics out of whack"?

ABSOLUTELY NOT!

THIS! THANK YOU. Even Curry, Iggy and the rest of the scrubs, Klay, pull this off all the time. Really, no mention of Warrior players. Could somebody look into Adam Silver’s connection with the Warriors? It’s really odd to me. He’s got to be a part owner under the table and the stank will come out in a 30 for 30 about a crooked Commish in 10 years. It’s awful.

39 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Because, no matter how teams hate it, IT'S A FREAKING FOUL.

Like the traffic rule on the road. If Soth is going let’s say 5 mph on a 30 and I’m behind him and getting upset because he’s going so slow and tail him and he pumps the breaks and I hit him, guess whose fault it is? 

Well, I’m glad we were able to raise each other’s blood pressures a bit! :mellow:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@kg01 one last note on the Curry thing. A Warrior fan friend of mine whose been a fan since before run TMC seeks out to text me in the middle of the season about how fouls should be called and whether or not an offensive player should be able to jump into the defense and get a call. 

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? He specifically meant Trae but cleverly didn’t use his name as so I wouldn’t get even more pissed. But dude, you’ve been watching the league for 40 years, Mullin did this 30 years ago where he would lean into a dude, then Curry 10 years ago and now that you are having a terrible season and the Hawks are doing well your gonna say offensive players should not get a lot of calls they are getting?  

The thing that bothers me is that this dude understands basketball. Does he just fail to see that Mullin (to some degree) KD and Curry (who flailed left and right into people) do that and if anything they started it. Now all of a sudden you don’t like it? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

THIS! THANK YOU. Even Curry, Iggy and the rest of the scrubs, Klay, pull this off all the time. Really, no mention of Warrior players. Could somebody look into Adam Silver’s connection with the Warriors? It’s really odd to me. He’s got to be a part owner under the table and the stank will come out in a 30 for 30 about a crooked Commish in 10 years. It’s awful.

Like the traffic rule on the road. If Soth is going let’s say 5 mph on a 30 and I’m behind him and getting upset because he’s going so slow and tail him and he pumps the breaks and I hit him, guess whose fault it is? 

Well, I’m glad we were able to raise each other’s blood pressures a bit! :mellow:

Dude, listening to folks tryna do mental gymnastics to try and explain how a defender running into a stationary offensive player is somehow the offensive player "initiating" contact .. it's amazing.

"Bwah, the defender's guaranteed freedom of movement too .... right?"

Uh, not if you run into the guy with the ball.

"Well, the refs just know he's just tryna get fouled .."

Uh, what about the last trip down the court when the guy made a pass from that position to an open man.  Was he "trying" to get fouled that time too?

The onus is not on the ref to make a call, it's on the defender to not be falling all over the place.  Good teams/defenders have already adjusted.  No need to reward bad defenders.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

People are going to be butthurt when this rule changes nothing about Trae's game.

I just hope that it's called evenly for everyone. There was nothing more annoying than the refs ignoring continuation on Trae's fouls and then allowing continuation on the other end on way more obscure foul calls.

Call it fair. Just because Trae got good at it, don't all of a sudden become biased. If its no shot for him, then it's no shot for your guy too.

The good thing about the ECF run is the Hawks will get more national TV games and the lack of continuation calls for him will probably become a story.

Edited by marco102

• Premium Member

Colangelo on not picking Trae as Beal's replacement:

I'm happy that he wants to play for USA Basketball," Colangelo said. "He's done really well in the NBA. But predicated on what we felt we needed, he didn't fit the bill this time around. He's a young player, he has a future with USA Basketball but it was the opinion of our staff that it wasn't now. It's for others to make the declaration you made a mistake'."

LP said something similar when Trae was not selected in 2019. Just saying.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

If Chris Paul or Curry wanted to be on the roster they would be on it. Trae brings the same things to the table that they do.

If these guys were smart they would have never had Lavine on the team. Put Jrue at the 2 and have Trae backup Lillard.

It's obvious that this is LP related to me.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The opinion of the staff that includes LP.  This reflects badly on Colangelo, LP and even the great Pops, imo.

• Like 3