• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young - The Man, The Viper, and The Prosecution aka The MVP aka Ice Trae

NBASupes

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, marco102 said:

John Collins is petty and I love it! 

And confidence from Nate.  I love how cocky he is with his team and humble to the press. He knows we are a beast!

Also from this article....a little snippet on Solo who we Love to Hate or for those who just hate him on the court:

When journeyman Solomon Hill walked into Hawks practice for the first time at the start of last season, he noticed how quiet it was. Soon, his voice could be heard echoing off of the walls inside the gym. He encouraged Hawks coaches to allow music — and to turn it up — for portions of the workouts.

So you could say the Hawks’ “swag” starts with McMillan, who took over for Lloyd Pierce on March 2, or with Young, the face of the franchise. But they didn’t find their voice until Hill was added.

“I look at it like you clean up your house,” Hill explained. “You’re cleaning the house and it’s quiet, what’s the vibe you got going? Personally, I want to play some music, I want to feel good, I almost want to forget that I am cleaning, and just look up and be like ‘wow, I enjoyed this experience so much,’ and now practice is over. If it’s quiet or something like that, I be like, ‘let’s talk.’ I’ve never been in a situation where it’s been loud and we weren’t productive.”

• Like 3

I noticed today that Trae is officially listed everywhere at 164lbs this season...

He's always been listed 6'1", 180 since he's been drafted.  I even remember an article before the 19-20 season saying he put on 9lbs on muscle that offseason, but alas, still listed 180

What's the scoop on this year's measurements??  I noticed a couple minor changes on the rest of the roster, but all +/- a few pounds [although Cap at 256 stood out - didn't he used to be listed 240?]

1 hour ago, klharper said:

I noticed today that Trae is officially listed everywhere at 164lbs this season...

He's always been listed 6'1", 180 since he's been drafted.  I even remember an article before the 19-20 season saying he put on 9lbs on muscle that offseason, but alas, still listed 180

What's the scoop on this year's measurements??  I noticed a couple minor changes on the rest of the roster, but all +/- a few pounds [although Cap at 256 stood out - didn't he used to be listed 240?]

How real is it tho

I’m keeping tabs on Trae’s improvement in steals, charges drawn, and corner threes.

On pace for 3 more steals in the same number of games.  Not notable but at least he isn’t decreasing.

His biggest leap is in charges drawn.  From 15 in 63 games last season to on pace for 28 in the same number.  Huge improvement in terms of showing his teammates he’ll sacrifice a little.

The corner three attempts are ugly though.  I’m convinced this staff has no desire to improve his off ball game.  It’s a damn shame, he shoots .453 on corner threes for his career compared to his pathetic .255 total this season from the top and the wings.  Percentage of threes takes from the corner dropping from 3.8% last season to almost non-existent at 2.1%.  That sh•t is mind-numbing bruh.  

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Same with his shooting percentage from 10-16 feet.  Clearly he’s worked on it, exploding from .428 to .550, and what does he do?  Takes fewer of those shots than last season by 7%.  Make it make sense Trae.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

Same with his shooting percentage from 10-16 feet.  Clearly he’s worked on it, exploding from .428 to .550, and what does he do?  Takes fewer of those shots than last season by 7%.  Make it make sense Trae.

This is much more appreciated than other folks' typical, "Trae ain't all that, he's just a-chukkin'" diatribes.

There's meat on the development bone for Trae still, as you've pointed out.  Hope we get to the point where we're taking advantage of these areas for improvement.

I just want to see the team play smarter.  Looks like we're still 'working on stuff'.

• Like 2

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Nate needs to blow a gasket and get ejected the next time that Chris Paul / DeAndre Hunter BS is happening.  Players need to focus on winning the game.

• Like 3