• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Somebody's gotta be 'that guy'

kg01

1 hour ago, High5 said:

It'll be interesting to see what happens when Trae has a bad shooting night. It's nice that he's carrying us through these opening games while everyone settles in. Maybe the first night he struggles to score will be the night Cam's 3's start falling. Or Huerter and Hunter both go for 20+. Or Parker scores 40. I'm surprised by how much bounce he still has after 2 ACL surgeries. He's not exactly lean either. 

A lot leaner than he was. I caught the preseason game in Chicago and a lot of the fans were shocked at how good he looks.

I'm interested to see if what Trae's "new normal" is.  Obviously, no one expects him to average 38 a night. But he's doing it very efficiently so far.  38.5 pts on 23 attempts per game. That's a 1.67 PPS.  The second half of last season he was great and avg 24 or so a night but on something like 18 shots, so not nearly as efficient at around 1.3 PPS.  We all expected a normal progression. Is this it? Or is he just hot right now?  

I mean, if he averages 25 ppg the first 2 games the Hawks are 1-1 or 0-2 right now. So I guess I'm just fascinated to see what Trae looks like when he's not scorching hot. Is he 30 pts on 23 attempts (same 1.30 PPS as end of last season)? Or does he go back to 24 pts on 18 attempts?  I'm guessing he's going to put up 20-25 shots a night.   

By my 50 win calculation we are 5 games ahead of getting our !st 2 wins so this week has definitely been a bonus so far. Observing around the league this looks like the time where everyone is trying to find their pecking order and where they fit in the contention mentioning. This is almost like a fantasy roster league where most teams have atleast half of their roster changed. We keep this up and keep climbing up the pecking order my 50 win prediction might even be laughable as they surpass that. Sounds crazy but is completely obtainable since literally no one but Trae is playing anywhere near their max potential. 

I'm still not too high about 2 wins but the way we got or took these wins I am high on. Both wins we were dominate in to end. The Magic game may have looked close thanks to refs and other factors but watching that game I could tell the Hawks had control of it thru and thru. I see each of our players individually getting better at something each game. If we keep this up we won't just be talking about all star games and playoffs. We'll be more on the page that I know is going on inside our locker room which is let's win a ship for Vince! Laugh now but this year is different and it starts with the leadership of Trae. Not just his scoring but how he is orchestrating the game has made and will make the biggest difference this year. Also Luka playing well helps because Trae's in his "anything you can do I can too or better" bag.    

• Like 4