I've Seen Enough!

kg01

The Warriors have now become the cute lil' child star that grows up to be the awkward, outta shape, outta work adult still tryna trade on sh*t he did as an 8 year-old.

They're basically the Frankie Muniz of the league.

Listening to Klay Thompson, with the homer-a** Warriors broadcast team giggling in the background, going after some random bench guy for the Pistons was classless bullying at best.

Listening to ol' 'can't beat 'em/join 'em' a** fake tough guy Mr. triple-single coat-tail ridin' a**  Draymond Green was the icing on the cake.  Did Mr. Lebron sign off on you speaking this time, Draymond?  I mean, you've relegated yourself to Lebron-groupie these days right?  I guess you're his #4 behind Rich Paul, the other guy, and that one dude huh?

And can we be honest about something?  Rodney McGruder's almost outta the league?  Shiiiiiiiiiiiii ....... considering the rash of leg injuries he's dealing with, I'd say Klay may be just as on the verge of being outta the league. :saythat:

• Like 1

• Moderators
18 hours ago, kg01 said:

And can we be honest about something?  Rodney McGruder's almost outta the league?  Shiiiiiiiiiiiii ....... considering the rash of leg injuries he's dealing with, I'd say Klay may be just as on the verge of being outta the league. 

Truth.  The attitude of these guys.   

• Premium Member

I just saw the funniest description regarding Porzingas amid the Dallas struggles:

"They need another all star to compete. Unicorn has been more like a mule with a toilet paper cardboard tube glued on it."

:laugh1::laugh1:

On another note, it seems that all the teams that were making moves this offseason to clear cap for the Giannis Sweepstakes next offseason, seem to struggling: Heat, Raptors, Mavericks.

• Haha 1

This is dedicated to the folks that say I hate all non-Hawks (lookin at you @bleachkit) ...

If you ever hear ORL's Vucevic getting interviewed, get the popcorn ready.  Guy is hilarious.  One interview a couple years ago he was clearly doing while driving.  You can hear a semi-truck's horn blaring all loud.  Vucevic stops the interview and says stte: "This guy in a truck just blew at me.  I 'on't care, I'm in a big truck to."  Then blares his horn all loud.  Continues the interview.

Yesterday he was interviewed and told a story about when his father (who played overseas) played against the '84 US bball team with Jordan on it.  He said his dad told him one guy, before the game, told everybody "Ah, the Jordan kid ain't all that. I got it."  Asked to guard Jordan 1v1.

First 3 possessions of the game .. dunk, dunk, turnaround J in the lane ... "swish".

Coach calls timeout, turns to the guy and says, "uh ....I don't think you got it." 😄

Sorry, it sounded funnier delivered with his foreign accent.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/29/2021 at 11:26 PM, kg01 said:

And for everybody that said he makes his teammates better, witness how his teammates hate playing with him now.  And, injuries aside, Porzingo went from unicorn to unplayable next to him.

Ohhhhh, kg greetin' ya'll from 2021 again.

Still wondering why the 'he makes players better' crowd hasn't weighed in on Porzingo's descent.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Watching Fournier go 0-10 last night in his debut reminded me of something.  Are we finally ... finally gonna call Loston what they are?  A team that peaked 2 years ago but don't know it.

Jayson Tatum has been told he's an MVP guy since his rookie year but he's nowhere near close to that level.  He shoots whateverwhenever he wants and no one has the guts to tell him what a bad/stupid shot is.  He plays the game too cool for school and simply doesn't impact the game at the level he should based on how talented he is.

Jaylen Brown is still better than Tatum but he's wrong-roled in Loston.  His early season was cool but he's being given too much on that team.  He probably didn't like Kyrie but he needed a guy at that spot who put him in his place, which brings me to Kemba ..

Kemba, what are you?  You're a bizarro attempt at Dan E. getting IT back even though he knows he can't ever get IT back.  You're not a point guard and you don't score anymore because you're not playing with 4 guys willing to sit and watch you dribble all game.  You're so focused on trying to fool everybody into believing you're the anti-Kyme that you're no longer an effective ballplayer.  Because, guess what, to be effective you gotta be willing to getchours the way Kyme did.  Pick a lane, Kemba.

And Brad ... Brad, Brad, Brad ... who are you?  Are you a coach or not?  Are you scared of your players?  Certainly looks like it.  Shoulda tucked tail and went to IU when you had a chance.  If you can't manage egos, you cannot be an NBA coach.  Full stop.  Every year he's shown different evidence of his inability to deal with player egos.

And let's not forget the heart n' soul of the team Marcus (not so)Smart.  SMDH  The idea that you can/should overlook his antics because of what he brings to the table is comical.  They speak of him as if he's a DPOY, multi-time all-star, champion or something.  Newsflash, he ain't none-a that.  Good player to have but the juice ain't worth the squeeze, homes.  You are simply not good enough to be a total mental wildcard on the basketball court.  If Deandre Bembry was drafted by the Seeltics .... how different would he be than Smart is?  Really?

• Like 2

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Watching Fournier go 0-10 last night in his debut reminded me of something.  Are we finally ... finally gonna call Loston what they are?  A team that peaked 2 years ago but don't know it.

Jayson Tatum has been told he's an MVP guy since his rookie year but he's nowhere near close to that level.  He shoots whateverwhenever he wants and no one has the guts to tell him what a bad/stupid shot is.  He plays the game too cool for school and simply doesn't impact the game at the level he should based on how talented he is.

Jaylen Brown is still better than Tatum but he's wrong-roled in Loston.  His early season was cool but he's being given too much on that team.  He probably didn't like Kyrie but he needed a guy at that spot who put him in his place, which brings me to Kemba ..

Kemba, what are you?  You're a bizarro attempt at Dan E. getting IT back even though he knows he can't ever get IT back.  You're not a point guard and you don't score anymore because you're not playing with 4 guys willing to sit and watch you dribble all game.  You're so focused on trying to fool everybody into believing you're the anti-Kyme that you're no longer an effective ballplayer.  Because, guess what, to be effective you gotta be willing to getchours the way Kyme did.  Pick a lane, Kemba.

And Brad ... Brad, Brad, Brad ... who are you?  Are you a coach or not?  Are you scared of your players?  Certainly looks like it.  Shoulda tucked tail and went to IU when you had a chance.  If you can't manage egos, you cannot be an NBA coach.  Full stop.  Every year he's shown different evidence of his inability to deal with player egos.

And let's not forget the heart n' soul of the team Marcus (not so)Smart.  SMDH  The idea that you can/should overlook his antics because of what he brings to the table is comical.  They speak of him as if he's a DPOY, multi-time all-star, champion or something.  Newsflash, he ain't none-a that.  Good player to have but the juice ain't worth the squeeze, homes.  You are simply not good enough to be a total mental wildcard on the basketball court.  If Deandre Bembry was drafted by the Seeltics .... how different would he be than Smart is?  Really?

Agree 100%.  That's funny i thought Kyrie was the problem?   

I love Jaylen but Jaylen on the Hawks ain't sniffing the all star game.   

Here's a good play from Marcus - for context the .3 on the shot clock is for NO which is why they didn't bother to jump.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Here's a good play from Marcus - for context the .3 on the shot clock is for NO which is why they didn't bother to jump.

Eggsactly!

So Kyme left ... then Horford left ... then Hayward left ... but they were the problem(s)?  Maybe we need to take another look at what remains in Loston.  Tatum gets no criticism.  If Kyrie had that many teammates leave, just flat out leave for situations that everyone considered to be worse landing spots, what would the eggsperts be saying.

"Oh, Kyme must be a bad teammate."  "What's the problem with Kyme?  Why are all these guys leaving?  It must be him."

But we get none of that on Tatum.  To be clear, I'm not saying he is the problem.  I'm saying it's odd that no one asks the question.  What we do know is Tatum has been given legend status in Loston.  We also know these guys decided to leave.  Coincidence?  It's a question.

And, if you thought that was dumb by Marcus, how about the Selltics coming almost all the way back from a hefty deficit.  Got it down to a 2 possession game with about 45 seconds left.  Smart gets T'd up and ejected at that point thus ensuring the Seeees can't come back.

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Eggsactly!

So Kyme left ... then Horford left ... then Hayward left ... but they were the problem(s)?  Maybe we need to take another look at what remains in Loston.  Tatum gets no criticism.  If Kyrie had that many teammates leave, just flat out leave for situations that everyone considered to be worse landing spots, what would the eggsperts be saying.

"Oh, Kyme must be a bad teammate."  "What's the problem with Kyme?  Why are all these guys leaving?  It must be him."

But we get none of that on Tatum.  To be clear, I'm not saying he is the problem.  I'm saying it's odd that no one asks the question.  What we do know is Tatum has been given legend status in Loston.  We also know these guys decided to leave.  Coincidence?  It's a question.

And, if you thought that was dumb by Marcus, how about the Selltics coming almost all the way back from a hefty deficit.  Got it down to a 2 possession game with about 45 seconds left.  Smart gets T'd up and ejected at that point thus ensuring the Seeees can't come back.

This maybe a dumb take but it just seems like the guys who come to prominence under Stevens get severely overrated because they usually look pretty good in the system if they are a certain type of player.   As you mention, guys who are brought in, who are already great players, get hammered for no particular reason and decide 'screw this'.   Crowder, Bradley, Rozier, Olynk, while not bad players (except Olynk) by any means, were really overrated while in Boston.    Horford criticized for not rebounding (were they familiar with him?), Kyrie for not being a team player (were they familiar with him?), Hayward for not wanting to be the 4th option on the team.  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

This maybe a dumb take but it just seems like the guys who come to prominence under Stevens get severely overrated because they usually look pretty good in the system if they are a certain type of player.   As you mention, guys who are brought in, who are already great players, get hammered for no particular reason and decide 'screw this'.   Crowder, Bradley, Rozier, Olynk, while not bad players (except Olynk) by any means, were really overrated while in Boston.    Horford criticized for not rebounding (were they familiar with him?), Kyrie for not being a team player (were they familiar with him?), Hayward for not wanting to be the 4th option on the team.  

Yeah it's sorta frustrating that no one questions anything about them.  They just keep touting them as some contender.  Same with MIA.  Eggsperts keep touting their move(s) and how great Butler/Adebayo/Herro are but .... they're a play-in team who's lost a lotta games recently.  At some point, results/record matter more than how much the eggspert likes them.

At the same time, folks saw us as a lotto or play-in team.  The fact that we're actually not far from being a homecourt team in the first round should be a bigger story than it is. - Dang, did I just reveal my true motives for tearing down the Sees and Heat?

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

what is not-so-Smart doing.  The commentators busting a gut laughing is even funnier :laugh1::laugh1::laugh1::laugh1::laugh1::laugh1::laugh1::laugh1::laugh1::laugh1: