• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I've Seen Enough!

kg01

• Moderators

I have an around the league question as we're on the brink of a new season.   Pop is the oldest coach in the league and the oldest coach ever for an NBA team.   He has Hammon waiting in the historic wings there, the team is youngish and has no stars.   When is he going to hand the reigns over on the sidelines.   He can still be president but geez man come on.   And not to get all political but part of promoting diversity involves creating opportunities.   I understand folks have their own personal goals and they have every right to pursue them but to me he's had his time.   

• Like 1

On 10/4/2021 at 2:24 PM, macdaddy said:

I have an around the league question as we're on the brink of a new season.   Pop is the oldest coach in the league and the oldest coach ever for an NBA team.   He has Hammon waiting in the historic wings there, the team is youngish and has no stars.   When is he going to hand the reigns over on the sidelines.   He can still be president but geez man come on.   And not to get all political but part of promoting diversity involves creating opportunities.   I understand folks have their own personal goals and they have every right to pursue them but to me he's had his time.   

All fair.  It's time.  Heyul, it's past time.  Give it up.

On the other side of it, it seemed like he was preparing to step away until his wife died.  I can see that being a reason he probably decided to keep going.  Not wanting to lose that (coaching) too.  Just a thought.

On another note, anybody see Wiggins comments after getting the vaccine ...

https://sports.yahoo.com/andrew-wiggins-on-getting-covid-19-vaccine-its-not-something-i-wanted-to-do-134628756.html

“I felt like the only options were to get vaccinated or not play in the NBA," the Golden State Warriors swingman said via Sean Highkin. "It was a tough decision. Hopefully in 10 years it works out and I’m still healthy.”

... Listen, I don't think people should be forced to get the thing. I mean, I get it.  It's new.  We don't have decades of intel on the thing.  Trust me, I get it.

But can folks stop acting like they know exactly, intimately everything they're putting into their body?  And, let's be real.  Anybody that's smoked weed in their life .. heyul, smoked anything in their life, miss me with all this "concern" about what's in a vaccine.  Did you do freaking genetic testing on that dime bag 2 weeks ago?  Did you vet your 'guy' before he dropped off your stash?

And what's all this "concern" about how healthy you're gonna be in 10 years?  Know what else isn't conducive to having a healthy body in 10 years?  Playing basketball.  Yup.  Coming down on that hard surface for 10 years ain't exactly good for ya.

Ever seen any of these hall of famers walk?  Ever seen them stand up in stages because their joints don't work right?  Betcha never thought about walking away from basketball, Andy.

Oh but you're all about being healthy, huh?

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47rne7gvcy59d0d1zer2

Lastly, ever actually read the actual "side effects" of aspirin?  You may be surprised to see one of the side effects is "sudden death".  Yep.  Point is, everything's risky.  How's the vaccine different, really?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Did you vet your 'guy' before he dropped off your stash?

Gimme some :indifferent: I brought you some :rose: gimme some. That sac stuff must be either gold or brown dust. Lol.

33 minutes ago, kg01 said:

How's the vaccine different, really?

It’s new. It’s the flavor of the month, year.. 

Listening to Kam and AD with..

D Lo. Great interview and funny.

Having said that, just listening to him made me feel like he’s not the one. He said Minny is a young team. I agree with Ant being young entering year 2 but DLo and KAT are now in their prime. 

Do or die year for them. Big trade coming if they don’t get into the top 10 in the west.

Dlo acts like he’s all basketball,

I thank god for Trae after listening to DLo, I’m talking THANK GOD!

ISE! Hallelujah!!!!:superman2:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kg01 said:

No!  Which show?  I'll pull up the replay right now.

:laugh1: Yesterday Give and Go they took my call around 12:05 or so. I started out by telling them they need their own homage shirt, Kam and AD lol. Just said y’all mention Bucks Nets Sixers and Heat but not Hawks and Kam said both he and AD rated the Hawks as the top young team in the NBA.

I think I like that show the best. Like both dudes. Your boy Isola is cool too on nba radio. I get tired of Justin T and Eddie. 

8 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

:laugh1: Yesterday Give and Go they took my call around 12:05 or so. I started out by telling them they need their own homage shirt, Kam and AD lol. Just said y’all mention Bucks Nets Sixers and Heat but not Hawks and Kam said both he and AD rated the Hawks as the top young team in the NBA.

I think I like that show the best. Like both dudes. Your boy Isola is cool too on nba radio. I get tired of Justin T and Eddie. 

Wednesday or Thursday?  12 pacific time?  I'm searching ...

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Ah, I think they cut your section.  They were talking Kyrie then took a call from a guy named Danny K in LA who I was sure was you.  But he didn't talk hawks.

1:48 in. So I guess 11:48am (and 55 seconds) on Wednesday’s show. I heard Danny K he was a bit later.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

1:48 in. So I guess 11:48am (and 55 seconds) on Wednesday’s show. I heard Danny K he was a bit later.

Yooooooooo spud spittin' that fire on the radio!!!  Got the hosts chucklin' sensibly.

Dropped the Kareem knowledge too?  Great call!

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47kvnjzzgo2qiuaq2u47

spud out here like ...

• Haha 3

Anybody still takin' the Isaac guy over Jollins?  Eh, I don't wanna get into a politics discussion so let's just say this is a distraction v non-distraction thing.

Give me the guy that can actually play at a high level, isn't constantly hurt, and who's ...... not getting courted by (insert arguably biased news channels) for his opinions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Yooooooooo spud spittin' that fire on the radio!!!  Got the hosts chucklin' sensibly.

spud out here like ...

Speaking of which we need an Homage shirt for squawk. :laugh1: Who wouldn’t want the AHF/lw3 duo? 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, kg01 said:

spud out here like ...

Now that you heard the voice I thought you’d wanna see the face as well.. (guy on  the left) :wacko:

image.gif.992c4dd0e2c6eacec336c6fd3118b6a1.gif

• Haha 2