• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

WTF! John Collins Suspended 25 Games!?!

marco102

I wonder how the appeals process is going to play out. Im rooting for him to get back.

Also, Parker has been our best player besides Trae and John so far, I'm looking forward to him getting extra burn

25 games is similar to how long he was out last year, worst case we have John back for the new year and Final 52 games of the season.

Trae was a much more devasting loss as he makes everyone go. John is a big loss, but I think we can still win close to .500 with out him as long as Trae is playing.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I wonder how the appeals process is going to play out. Im rooting for him to get back.

Also, Parker has been our best player besides Trae and John so far, I'm looking forward to him getting extra burn

25 games is similar to how long he was out last year, worst case we have John back for the new year and Final 52 games of the season.

Trae was a much more devasting loss as he makes everyone go. John is a big loss, but I think we can still win close to .500 with out him as long as Trae is playing.

December 23rd is when he'll be back if full suspension holds.

3 hours ago, AHF said:

You are super naive if you think there won't be many athletes who take everything their trainer gives them regardless of what their doctor prescribes under this type of regime.  I don't think you really believe that all athletes under your regime would do what their doctor authorizes and nothing more. 

You are coming from the perspective of someone educated and logical.  Athletes do all sorts of illogical things to get themselves an edge.  You don't eat animal testicles or use magnets, etc. to give yourself an edge if you really understand the science but guys do this (and much more drug related) and there is always someone eager to sell illegal / off-market drugs with a promise and jacked up price tag.  Moving to a system where athletes can take any FDA approved drug in the amount prescribed by their doctor will not stop people from violating the rules.

Sounds like you're making the slippery slope argument, which is generally not a strong one. Bottom line is the case against PEDs is weak, they benefit athletes and their record of safety is well documented. The fact that some athletes might abuse them is immaterial. Any drug can be abused, responsible use is part of the deal. We don't ban cars because some are bad drivers. But like I said previously, they should be used under a doctor's supervision. The fact is the only harm athletes have faced from PEDs is the embarrassment of getting caught and harm to their career and reputation. Barry Bonds, Lance Armstrong and hundreds of others are all in good health. The safety argument is total utter BS. It's time that PEDs become part of the allowable armentarium for recovery and improved performance.

Edited by bleachkit
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Sounds like you're making the slippery slope argument, which is generally not a strong one. Bottom line is the case against PEDs is weak, they benefit athletes and their record of safety is well documented. The fact that some athletes might abuse them is immaterial. Any drug can be abused, responsible use is part of the deal. We don't ban cars because some are bad drivers. But like I said previously, they should be used a doctor's supervision. The fact is the only harm athletes have faced from PEDs is the embarrassment of getting caught and harm to their career and reputation. Barry Bonds, Lance Armstrong and hundreds of others are all in good health. The safety argument is total utter BS. It's time that PEDs become part of the allowable armentarium for recovery and improved performance.

The above statements are absolute and utter trash imo. How the hell do you know if Barry Bonds is healthy right now? 

17 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

The above statements are absolute and utter trash imo. How the hell do you know if Barry Bonds is healthy right now? 

Are there any reports of former PED users dying of Cancer, Liver or Kidney disease? As far as I know there are not. PEDs are FDA approved drugs, most have been around for decades. Spud, if you want to get into a medical debate you're way outside your field of expertise my man.

Edited by bleachkit

15 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Are there any reports of former PED users dying of Cancer, Liver or Kidney disease? As far as I know there are not. PEDs are FDA approved drugs, most have been around for decades. Spud, if you want to get into a medical debate you're way outside your field of expertise my man.

😆 are there any cases? Ya there are but I ain’t doin ur leg work look it up. Drugs are dangerous for kids brother. And I ain’t out of my league in any convo on any topic, you got lucky with the avatar thing once. And that was through pure luck not knowledge. Stop ✋. Ur making me laugh bro.

4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

😆 are there any cases? Ya there are but I ain’t doin ur leg work look it up. Drugs are dangerous for kids brother. And I ain’t out of my league in any convo on any topic, you got lucky with the avatar thing once. And that was through pure luck not knowledge. Stop ✋. Ur making me laugh bro.

At yes, the deflection when you know good and well you don't have the goods for a serious debate on the matter at hand. Might want to stick to basketball.

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

It’s ILLEGAL! What kind of a prescription would a healthy young and fit John Collins need to get this? 😆 Comon man give it up. 

Then explain to me why every athlete that’s ever been caught with HGH wasn’t arrested immediately and served time? Last I checked, Barry Bonds is still a free man. It’s prescribed to children who are not growing at the same rate as other kids... it’s also prescribed to people with conditions related to aging which is how celebs get HGH injections all the time. Once again, it’s a controlled substance like Adderal or Oxy, but is not illegal if prescribed. Also, money talks and even physicians have a price.

• Like 2