• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

WTF! John Collins Suspended 25 Games!?!

marco102

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

What do you think about the experimentation with free throwing shooting they are trying in the Gleague?

Interested to see how it plays out.  I haven't watched it in practice or seen any numbers so far, though.  That is the right forum for that kind of experimentation.  How about you?

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

Interested to see how it plays out.  I haven't watched it in practice or seen any numbers so far, though.  That is the right forum for that kind of experimentation.  How about you?

I think it's an interesting idea. It will put more pressure on guys because they only have one free throw shot, and would save a bit of time. My only reservation is it might encourage more hack-a-Shaq from teams that are down hoping for empty trips to help them get back in the game.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

I think it's an interesting idea. It will put more pressure on guys because they only have one free throw shot, and would save a bit of time. My only reservation is it might encourage more hack-a-Shaq from teams that are down hoping for empty trips to help them get back in the game.

I’d assume ft% is higher on subsequent attempts than on the first one but haven’t seen data.  If so, you are definitely right about the potential for more hack schemes.  A single ft gives less chance for rhythm.

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Has anyone ever won an appeal on a positive drug test?  I've never heard of it.

Nick Calathes and Maurice Taylor had their suspensions reduced after positive drug tests but neither got out of it entirely.  It is a common lever to pull but almost never successful.

Now that the Knicks are imploding before our very eyes, anybody interested in having them pay us to take one of their PF's as a stopgap 'til Collins returns.

First of all, I don't like any of them but they could provide depth/body we need.  I could see taking Morris then flipping him later (if the CBA allows) once he's outlived his usefulness.

Thoughts?

Do I get any points for this end-around the trade subsection by making this Collins-related? 😁

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Now that the Knicks are imploding before our very eyes, anybody interested in having them pay us to take one of their PF's as a stopgap 'til Collins returns.

First of all, I don't like any of them but they could provide depth/body we need.  I could see taking Morris then flipping him later (if the CBA allows) once he's outlived his usefulness.

Thoughts?

Do I get any points for this end-around the trade subsection by making this Collins-related? 😁

The only one I'd take is Taj Gibson - smart vet leader who can defend and could also play small ball center.

We have our own Randle version in Jabari, and his contract is too long.

Portis and his eyes scare me.

Hail-to-the-naw on any Morris.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2019 at 4:37 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

The only one I'd take is Taj Gibson - smart vet leader who can defend and could also play small ball center.

We have our own Randle version in Jabari, and his contract is too long.

Portis and his eyes scare me.

Hail-to-the-naw on any Morris.

John has already served 20% of his suspension. He will be back before Xmas. No need for a stopgap, the gap is already closing itself.

Let the guys on the team get some burn because once John is back, he and Jabari are going to EAT

• Like 2

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

John has already served 20% of his suspension. He will be back before Xmas. No need for a stopgap, the gap is already closing itself.

Let the guys on the team get some burn because once John is back, he and Jabari are going to EAT

I'm not advocating trading for any of these guys. 

Just to note though.

• Moderators
On 11/13/2019 at 1:23 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

My guess is they are talking the game as it unfolds, taking notes, etc. Studying the game.

Good to know that the Hawks are sticking with him and not dumping him like half of Hawksquawk would have. Does make you think that maybe the coaching staff knew all along that he was doping.

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Good to know that the Hawks are sticking with him and not dumping him like half of Hawksquawk would have. Does make you think that maybe the coaching staff knew all along that he was doping.

I wouldn't read that much into it.  If you want to make the best of a bad situation, this is a reasonable gameplan for the coaches.  Keep him engaged and use it as an opportunity to continue at least film work so he continues development as a student of the game even when he is banned from actual play with the team.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Teams dont dump young cornerstone players, especially not when their value is at its lowest.