marco102

WTF! John Collins Suspended 25 Games!?!

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, AHF said:

For me the point is a level playing field for competition.  

What do you think about the experimentation with free throwing shooting they are trying in the Gleague?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

What do you think about the experimentation with free throwing shooting they are trying in the Gleague?

Interested to see how it plays out.  I haven't watched it in practice or seen any numbers so far, though.  That is the right forum for that kind of experimentation.  How about you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, AHF said:

Interested to see how it plays out.  I haven't watched it in practice or seen any numbers so far, though.  That is the right forum for that kind of experimentation.  How about you?

I think it's an interesting idea. It will put more pressure on guys because they only have one free throw shot, and would save a bit of time. My only reservation is it might encourage more hack-a-Shaq from teams that are down hoping for empty trips to help them get back in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

I think it's an interesting idea. It will put more pressure on guys because they only have one free throw shot, and would save a bit of time. My only reservation is it might encourage more hack-a-Shaq from teams that are down hoping for empty trips to help them get back in the game.

I’d assume ft% is higher on subsequent attempts than on the first one but haven’t seen data.  If so, you are definitely right about the potential for more hack schemes.  A single ft gives less chance for rhythm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Is there any update on appeal (if he's still going that route)?

I haven't heard anything but i assume they talked him out of that.  Has anyone ever won an appeal on a positive drug test?  I've never heard of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Has anyone ever won an appeal on a positive drug test?  I've never heard of it.

Nick Calathes and Maurice Taylor had their suspensions reduced after positive drug tests but neither got out of it entirely.  It is a common lever to pull but almost never successful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that the Knicks are imploding before our very eyes, anybody interested in having them pay us to take one of their PF's as a stopgap 'til Collins returns.

First of all, I don't like any of them but they could provide depth/body we need.  I could see taking Morris then flipping him later (if the CBA allows) once he's outlived his usefulness.

Thoughts?

Do I get any points for this end-around the trade subsection by making this Collins-related? 😁

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Now that the Knicks are imploding before our very eyes, anybody interested in having them pay us to take one of their PF's as a stopgap 'til Collins returns.

First of all, I don't like any of them but they could provide depth/body we need.  I could see taking Morris then flipping him later (if the CBA allows) once he's outlived his usefulness.

Thoughts?

Do I get any points for this end-around the trade subsection by making this Collins-related? 😁

The only one I'd take is Taj Gibson - smart vet leader who can defend and could also play small ball center.

We have our own Randle version in Jabari, and his contract is too long.

Portis and his eyes scare me.

Hail-to-the-naw on any Morris.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2019 at 4:37 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

The only one I'd take is Taj Gibson - smart vet leader who can defend and could also play small ball center.

We have our own Randle version in Jabari, and his contract is too long.

Portis and his eyes scare me.

Hail-to-the-naw on any Morris.

 

John has already served 20% of his suspension. He will be back before Xmas. No need for a stopgap, the gap is already closing itself.

Let the guys on the team get some burn because once John is back, he and Jabari are going to EAT

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

John has already served 20% of his suspension. He will be back before Xmas. No need for a stopgap, the gap is already closing itself.

Let the guys on the team get some burn because once John is back, he and Jabari are going to EAT

I'm not advocating trading for any of these guys. 

Just to note though.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I feel dumb but what does that mean?   Are they baby sitting him?

My guess is they are talking the game as it unfolds, taking notes, etc. Studying the game.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/13/2019 at 1:23 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

My guess is they are talking the game as it unfolds, taking notes, etc. Studying the game.

Good to know that the Hawks are sticking with him and not dumping him like half of Hawksquawk would have. Does make you think that maybe the coaching staff knew all along that he was doping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Good to know that the Hawks are sticking with him and not dumping him like half of Hawksquawk would have. Does make you think that maybe the coaching staff knew all along that he was doping.

I wouldn't read that much into it.  If you want to make the best of a bad situation, this is a reasonable gameplan for the coaches.  Keep him engaged and use it as an opportunity to continue at least film work so he continues development as a student of the game even when he is banned from actual play with the team.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Good to know that the Hawks are sticking with him and not dumping him like half of Hawksquawk would have. Does make you think that maybe the coaching staff knew all along that he was doping.

Teams dont dump young cornerstone players, especially not when their value is at its lowest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.