• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

WTF! John Collins Suspended 25 Games!?!

marco102

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Lies.

When did HGH become illegal?
In 1990, the US Congress passed an omnibus crime bill, the Crime Control Act of 1990, that amended the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, that classified anabolic steroids as controlled substances and added a new section which reads: Prohibited distribution of human growth hormone.

It's prohibited from distribution through over-the-counter sale, but is still widely available through prescription. Once again, celebrities use it all the time and is accessible.

13 minutes ago, Eddielives said:

Who knows if he willingly took something he knew he could get suspended for.  But I do know that there's a lot of ignorant people that fall victim to taking some pill/herb/cream/etc. because it is "natural" or claims to be organic and thus is excluded from regulation as a "supplement."  These products are not subjected to the same regulation as real drugs, can make any claim they f'ing want, and play on people's ignorance that "natural" is somehow better than medical science and the pharmaceutical industries extensive research into the drugs it releases into the market.  It really pisses me off and it's likely he may have fallen into this trap.

^^^Most accurate post of the thread.

1 hour ago, terrell said:

If the Hawks start playing well without him, the trade Collins for ........... crowd will get bigger and bigger. lol

In today's installment of " I bet you never thought kg would say that!' ....

I'm hoping we come out and play like the Suns ...... did I just say that out loud and mean it?

OMFG, am I on drugs?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The starters

1572984505-20191105-sas-atl.jpg

Supes - I think this is the death knell for you bet with me on SF starts.  If Reddish is at SG even when Hunter isn't in the starting lineup, I don't see any chance you win this one!

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, Eddielives said:

Who knows if he willingly took something he knew he could get suspended for.  But I do know that there's a lot of ignorant people that fall victim to taking some pill/herb/cream/etc. because it is "natural" or claims to be organic and thus is excluded from regulation as a "supplement."  These products are not subjected to the same regulation as real drugs, can make any claim they f'ing want, and play on people's ignorance that "natural" is somehow better than medical science and the pharmaceutical industries extensive research into the drugs it releases into the market.  It really pisses me off and it's likely he may have fallen into this trap.

Eh, the standard line anytime anyone is caught is to say "gee, someone gave me something that I didn't know would trigger a positive."  It is right out of the cheater playbook.  Sometimes it is true but far more often it is used to try to put a better spin on things.  

I hope you are right about JC having a mistake like this be the issue.  It will mean a much lower chance going forward of repeat issues because he can just vet everything through the team.  I'm just jaded enough to simply shrug my shoulders and say I don't know how likely it is given all of the other guys who have tested positive and used this line when they were very deliberately trying to gain an advantage by using banned drugs.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, Eddielives said:

Preach it!

i get this junk all the time and people have no clue the dangers in this stuff but they completely reject medical science.

33 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

It's prohibited from distribution through over-the-counter sale, but is still widely available through prescription. Once again, celebrities use it all the time and is accessible.

It’s ILLEGAL! What kind of a prescription would a healthy young and fit John Collins need to get this? 😆 Comon man give it up. 

Just now, Buzzard said:

We are about to find out how good Jabari and Bruno is, I don't think we can make the playoffs without John though. A bad deal but it is the rule.

My prediction of wins might take a serious hit with John out. Ugh 😩 

• Sad 1