• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young is Nique for this generation...

Sothron

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yep, took a bus from Savannah to Atlanta. I kept looking at the back of Mannings long head on the bench and giving him the squinty eye while just shaking my head.

I believe my first Hawks game was in the 2008 playoffs against the Celtics. Certainly the first one I remember. The Zaza game 7 one. I woulda been 11 or 12. Time flies.

Edit: dunno why it quoted ya Jay

Edited by TheFuzz
  • Like 3

To be honest I don’t remember my first Hawks game but it was after in the 85-86 season. I was about 9 or 10. Prior to that I lived in Houston and watched a lot of games with Akeem, Ralph, the twin towers, even Andrew Wiggins dad, Mitchell Wiggins a bit 😊.  

So, if you think about it, I was always a Celtic hater, and after the Celts beat the Rox in 86, I found the Hawks permanently and continued my hatred for the green team. 😀 

Hawks 4 life!

• Like 3

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yep, took a bus from Savannah to Atlanta. I kept looking at the back of Mannings long head on the bench and giving him the squinty eye while just shaking my head.

I was so mad! My one and only time at The Omni!

I didn't go to another Hawks game until opening night 2005 - yes I held a grudge!🤨

I always wondered why I still remained such a diehard fan.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I was so mad! My one and only time at The Omni!

I didn't go to another Hawks game until opening night 2005 - yes I held a grudge!🤨

I always wondered why I still remained such a diehard fan.

I’m not kidding if I was a million dollar 💵 director and the Hawks fan I am, I’d put ur story on the big screen 📺. Ok, Netflix...it’s so sad it has to be told. 😢 

If somehow by chance you dropped your hot dog 🌭 that night as well, I’m losin it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/7/2019 at 1:10 AM, Sothron said:

My first game I was either 2 or 3. I remember Fast Eddie Johnson had a good game. I want to say it was against the Celtics but I can't swear to it.

Now that is recall you have there guy. Not sure how far back I can remember but it is definitely not the age of two or three. But then thinking if it was a game against the Greenies at that age I would have to classify that as a nightmare and might not really want that particular memory. 

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Sothron said:

My first game I was either 2 or 3. I remember Fast Eddie Johnson had a good game. I want to say it was against the Celtics but I can't swear to it.

My first game was Nique vs. Thomas/Dumars during 1990-91 season at the old Omni. I was just a pup at the time and the only two things I remember is I was too short to see over the guy in front of me and the place was absolutely rocking.  My most memorable game was getting to see MJ dunk over Ty Corbin... I was only 4 rows off the court for that game.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Thomas said:

Now that is recall you have there guy. Not sure how far back I can remember but it is definitely not the age of two or three. But then thinking if it was a game against the Greenies at that age I would have to classify that as a nightmare and don't really want that particular memory. 

I  remember it because my dad would let me stand on his shoulders at times to see the players. We weren't too far back from the bench and the players saw me and laughed at it and waved at me. I waved back which got another laugh. Those were good memories.

One of the first words my parents told me I said was "Bartkowski" so I truly consider myself born and raised an Atlanta sports fan.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I  remember it because my dad would let me stand on his shoulders at times to see the players. We weren't too far back from the bench and the players saw me and laughed at it and waved at me. I waved back which got another laugh. Those were good memories.

One of the first words my parents told me I said was "Bartkowski" so I truly consider myself born and raised an Atlanta sports fan.

Baby 👶 Soth! That’s sweet! 😚

• Like 2