• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young is Nique for this generation...

Sothron

This fool got 14 steals to 10 fouls.  Patrick Beverly you ask?  16 to 34.  CLP The Don is doing an outstanding job of managing and tailoring his defensive workload.  I’ve never subscribed to the idea of “hiding” a guy on defense, especially someone you expect to be at the point of attack and navigate screens but Coach is doing it somehow.

His assist to turn is currently 1.73:1.  I fully expect it to be 2:1 after John gets back acclimated.  I just can’t believe he’s an elite pure scorer off of pull up bombs, mid range floaters, and frozen Big layups.  The kid is out to lunch.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, kg01 said:

In case y'all wonder why Isola is my guy.  Here's what he just said about our upcoming game vs the Clippers ...

"I predict they (Kawhi/PGeorge) will both play against the Hawks and I hope Trae Young drops 50 on 'em!  And I hope he nutmegs both of 'em and stares at Doc Rivers while he's doin' it."

That's my guy.

I heard him say that as well on the drive to the office

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

I heard him say that as well on the drive to the office

And, like clockwork, the next show with jerk-a** El-hassan and Zack Harper and punk-a** Wes Wilcox comes out with backhand compliments on Trae.

On Trae's defense, Wilcox says based on "the expectation to be great" we should expect Trae to go out and shutdown Lillard and drop 40's.  Yeah, that's why you're a former exec, Wes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Wes got fired for a reason. You sucked ass as a GM

Him being on is worse than the Suns former GM being on as the "eggspert".  Like, Wilcox wasn't even actually a GM.  He just happened to be in the building when Buttenshoulder got the PBOps job and they needed a scarecrow to hold the "GM" "title".

Friggin poser.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, marco102 said:

BRUH! I was just coming here to @kg01 and ask if you were listening.

What killed me was when he said Doncic is a good defender.  I'm like have you seen Trae play this year?  People who don't watch the Hawks probably think Trae is still horrible on defense.  In the last few minutes of games, he's been D'ing up!  I hate when people spout lies on talk radio and they're supposed to be "experts" just say I haven't watched the game and move on. 

Also, it seems the national media, referring to that guy in the Woj podcast and Wes, is trying to put out that Trae shoots too much and doesn't get his teammates involved.  That's what our former GM Wes SucksCox was trying to imply too.

It's patently obvious when somebody (a) doesn't watch us play or (b) has an agenda.  If felt like I was listening to a show from early last season.  "He shoots too much"  and "He's gotta stop the long 3's".  "Why's he got a chip on his shoulder, he's gotta get over it." and such.

I'm like, have you seen us play offense without Trae lately?  We want his usage to go down but, right now, it can't.  Even a cursory watch of us play makes that clear.

The other hosts, surprisingly, went against Little Wes's criticisms of Trae.  Like they started in on it, but he took it too far.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, AHF said:

Budcox was so bad it is funny that anyone would want him to be part of media program.  Does anyone remember Wes doing any type of real publicity when he was here?  I don't remember him doing more than the most cursory press and he certainly was a grand failure as a titular GM.  I would think if he wanted to keep working in basketball he would bend over backwards to be complimentary of the Hawks.  Like with Barry, he can be bitter and no one cares.  He played here, thinks he didn't get a fair shot and now he goes out of his way to go after the team.  Fine.  No one is looking to have Barry play for them and no one thinks about having him join their front office.  

But I'd think any prospective employer would be looking at Wes and going "Wait a second, you are going to s*** on Trae Young from your former team?  First, I guess I'd expect you to go on the radio and **** on my team if we ever part ways with you.  Second, I'd love to have a Trae Young.  So if you don't like him what does that say about your judgment?"

The whole Bud regime detereorarated fast when Ferry left. Bud was a good coach but a horrible GM along with Wes.