• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young is Nique for this generation...

Sothron

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, EazyRoc said:

Not to derail the thread, damnit man Doncic is damn near averaging a triple double quietly. 

That draft class may go down as the 🐐 

Doncic is playing at an absolute MVP level. He is putting up prime Westbrook numbers  but with excellent efficiency. If Giannis wasn't putting together the best statistical category in the history of the NBA it's possible Doncic would be the frontrunner atm. 

• Like 1

My new boy, Antonio Daniels was asked about EC all-star locks.  Kamla listed Simmons among the locks.  To which AD says, wait-a-minute, how's Simmons a lock when he's averaging 13pts or stte.

Said Trae is the lock, not Simmons.  The question is, is Trae a top 5 point guard in the league yet.

AD is going smooth off on Simmons right now.

"Just because the perception is that he's a top-tier player, doesn't mean you have to acquiesce to that thought process."

"Why're we giving Simmons the benefit of the doubt but not Middleton when he's a 1-time all-star just like Simmons?"

• Like 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, kg01 said:

My new boy, Antonio Daniels was asked about EC all-star locks.  Kamla listed Simmons among the locks.  To which AD says, wait-a-minute, how's Simmons a lock when he's averaging 13pts or stte.

Said Trae is the lock, not Simmons.  The question is, is Trae a top 5 point guard in the league yet.

"Just because the perception is that he's a top-tier player, doesn't mean you have to acquiesce to that thought process."

"Why're we giving Simmons the benefit of the doubt but not Middleton when he's a 1-time all-star just like Simmons?"

If Simmons does not improve his numbers he shouldn't come within five states of the All Star game. He's been worse than average. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

If Simmons does not improve his numbers he shouldn't come within five states of the All Star game. He's been worse than average. 

Bear in mind that team record is a huge factor for the AS game.  We got Teague and Korver in when we had a great record.  If Philly continues to be at the top of the East, they will get multiple bids from their roster.  I'd also bet strongly on him improving his numbers to be more consistent with his 2 years in the league rather than the current 8 game sample.  He is currently below his norm in everything but steals (where his current average will definitely fall way down).  

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, AHF said:

Bear in mind that team record is a huge factor for the AS game.  We got Teague and Korver in when we had a great record.  If Philly continues to be at the top of the East, they will get multiple bids from their roster.  I'd also bet strongly on him improving his numbers to be more consistent with his 2 years in the league rather than the current 8 game sample.  He is currently below his norm in everything but steals (where his current average will definitely fall way down).  

His win shares have gone down each of the past two years, and are way down this year. I mean, obviously his numbers will improve closer to his career average, but he doesn't impress me at all this year. Teams are figuring out how to defend him and he has absolutely no counters to that, he is basically the exact same player he was his rookie year. Defenses are catching up to him. 

I agree team records weigh a lot but I'm also pretty skeptical that Philly is a lock to have  a top record in the east this year. Boston, Toronto, Miami, Milwaukee are all  looking a lot better so far, and even the Pacers are looking like a better team recently. Philly is currently 5th in the standings and 6th in point differential. 

One thing about Teague and Korver making the All-Star team is the fact that the advanced stats absolutely justified their inclusion. Both Ben Simmon's raw stats and advanced stats are not even close to All Star level right now. Yes, he'll improve, but it will have to take a huge jump for him to be deserving. His best shot will be getting voted in by the average fans who don't know anything. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, kg01 said:

AD is very good.  I make it a point during my lunch break to spend 30 - 45 minutes listening to he and Rick talk NBA basketball.

• Like 2

• Moderators

I mean Trae is a better playmaker.   All this crap is so dumb.  Steph is a better player than Trae (right now).  there is no denying that.  Steph has done some great things in the NBA and Trae is just getting started.   But anyone who watches the games knows that Trae is basically controlling everything offensively when he is on the floor.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I mean Trae is a better playmaker.   All this crap is so dumb.  Steph is a better player than Trae (right now).  there is no denying that.  Steph has done some great things in the NBA and Trae is just getting started.   But anyone who watches the games knows that Trae is basically controlling everything offensively when he is on the floor.   

Trae has been better year to date and isn't hurt.  You have to give it to Steph based on him doing more over a longer period of time, but it is possible Steph has passed his peak and is already being surpassed by Trae for total game given Trae's defensive improvement this year.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, AHF said:

Trae has been better year to date and isn't hurt.  You have to give it to Steph based on him doing more over a longer period of time, but it is possible Steph has passed his peak and is already being surpassed by Trae for total game given Trae's defensive improvement this year.

Yea, I don't know about the "right now" part. Right now you'd have to be on something to even consider swapping Trae for Steph, who could miss the entire season potentially.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Trae has the potential to be the greatest offensive player in NBA history. 

I don’t know how to react to this. Yes...yes he definitely does have the potential to do that. Having said that, he needs to do what he did against Denver about 200 times over to have a shot at Mike imo. 

Look, I was a Bulls hater in the 90’s but we have to respect the past. It’s gonna take a whole hell of a lot to take down Jordan. People can debate all they want but I think Jordan was the best, I hope ur right though. Nothing would please me more than Trae taking him down in 15 years!

• Like 3