• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Bulls at Hawks

lethalweapon3

Just now, terrell said:

I think He was talking about Luka being more versatile than Trae.

I'll say this. If Luka can't beat people off the dribble, he still got other tools. Trae might not be an one trick pony but his first step and quickness is everything to his effectiveness. I remember last November, a part of the reason he struggle was because he couldn't beat people off the dribble due to injury. 

36 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I'll say this. If Luka can't beat people off the dribble, he still got other tools. Trae might not be an one trick pony but his first step and quickness is everything to his effectiveness. I remember last November, a part of the reason he struggle was because he couldn't beat people off the dribble due to injury. 

It works easier when you’re a good shooter, but if you’re an erratic shooter like Trae it will become a bigger problem at times.

1 minute ago, Plainview1981 said:

It works easier when you’re a good shooter, but if you’re an erratic shooter like Trae it will become a bigger problem at times.

I think it works easier when you have an off ball game as well. Trae is an elite shooter. That's obvious but when your off ball game is extremely weak, you better be beating people off the dribble and killing traps or else, struggling will be common. 

• Like 2

Wow. Tough one to swallow. What did Bob n Nique say, Momma there’ll be days like this. 😊 It’s the bumps and bruises young teams must endure. It’s just part of the process. Having said that, the effort needs to be better hence the chair 😳 wtf...

@hazer I saw Bruno tonight. That dunk attempt and all the effort. Ya.

@NBASupes on one ☝🏿 play Cam brought the ball 🏀 up and I saw Kobe...then I remembered this. Cam will be alright. Cam is gonna be a certified superstar but he needs to put in the work like everyone had mentioned specially the strength, but that’ll come with age and body maturity like all the stars ⭐️ in the past. We good.

• Like 4

Games like this make you want to start Kev then you remember it was Trae that missed at least 10 defensive assignments and Cam was the only one who picked them up even if they lead to a basket from his initial man. Trae does that with Kev, it's an unquestionable bucket. 

Trae was ass tonight. No other way around it. He was ass and gas. Blaming Cam/Hunter is dumb. They just play a role. We don't really rely on them outside of defense especially since our pace is meh these days. 

Len been trash but I keep saying this, the gap between NBA starting center and backup is massive. You play v. quality centers when you start. Backup centers are usually trash in this league. Len killing it v. them is meaningless. Most aren't any good. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, terrell said:

Yep. LUka is lighting it up tonight. He never has off games..Huerter was the 19th pick.Hunter is 7 games into his career..And Spellman is sooooo much better than Jones..

I should've never liked this tweet.  I should've known that Luka was going to ball out in the 2nd half.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Stunningly he broke twenty minutes. Bout time but still should be on the floor a lot more.

Bob mentioned he could be our version of Bam 💥 with the Heat. He’s physical, he hustles, he makes the right play. Well, one mistake stood out and he made a move and missed Hunter directly behind him with nobody even close for a wide open 3, but I’m not sure many centers can make that pass in traffic anyways..well Jokic maybe and a couple of others. Other than that Bruno and Vince were the only ones to show out a bit tonight. Rough all around for everyone else.

Lets get the Kings on Friday.

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, benhillboy said:

And my NBA betting career comes to a close.

The Risk vs Reward deal with us is pretty insane for betting, wow. Even with this egg tonight though just don't think there are going to be repeats second half of the season because rookies will have some good time under their belts and LP will be all about managing everyone's minutes with hopefully healthy bodies. Just not so healthy yet. We still squeak into the post season even with being up and down. 

13 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Other than that Bruno and Vince were the only ones to show out a bit tonight. Rough all around for everyone else.

Yeah, the back to back and then Trae, Huerter and Bruno really not 100% is a bad combo as it turns out. Glad Bruno was up for his extra few minutes he got tonight though. Hope more time for him is a trend.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, High5 said:

There was nothing to like about that game. The body language was the most concerning part. That's a quick and easy way to ruin all the good vibes from last night. Hopefully they make up for it on Friday. 

Eggsactly.

Kg was in the building last nite so I did some "scouting".

CodeReddish is so frustrating. Clearly a plus defender on and off ball.  Great instincts there.  But has bouts of (apparent) listlessness and low effort. 

Needs to get skronger, which we all know, but it's just soooo apparent when he drives.  That'll come, but the effort/energy thing is something he can change now.

Is Kevin heurter (heh) than we know?  When we struggle it becomes glaring how much we need him.

All in all, we'll have nights like that ...shiii, all teams have nights like that ... so I'm not overly concerned.  Just not a great feeling to see us come out and not show a lotta ... pride 😊

• Like 4

Simple math:  Poor offense + poor defense = no victory.

Bulls looked fresh.  Hawks looked tired.  Both on B2B.  Game started with Bulls - can't miss -- Hawks - can't hit.  Can't hide it.  Trae is still suffering from his injury.  Just a bit, but enough to unbalance everything for him.  Rookies are rookies.  Not getting around this.

Remember, when comparing Trae and his traded for partner, their pick had three years pro ball experience before he became the darling of the NBA.  Luka is good, borderline great.  We knew this before the trade.  Hawks were desperate for a PG and we got a very good one.  Agreed?

As this game began, Bulls hot start cased a bad aroma in the court.  The longer the teams played the stronger the stink.  By the end of the third quarter everyone knew there was no hope for any deodorant.  Dead Hawks on the floor for the final quarter.

Lloyd was correct.  The best thing about this game was that it was over.  Hawks will have games like this one all season.  Let's just hope they don't come too close together.  Winning game - Everything went right.  Losing game - Everything went wrong.

What happened to the Hawks defense?  Bulls didn't have any problem all night.  Will hack-a-Shaq become beat-on-Bembry?  Entire team must learn - - Hit your free throws or lose the game..

On to bigger and better wins !!

:smug:

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Coach Pierce post game presser - a classic!

Omfg, that was freaking awesome.

I rarely watch those but that one was worth the price of admission.

Eta.  I sense he doesn't like Boylen, btw.

I found that odd .... but I like it.  - That sounded weird when I said it out loud.

Edited by kg01
  • Like 4

• Moderators

You know I take one game off and look what you people do.   What the heck?  I'm starting to think you 'fans' didn't eat ANY corndogs last night!  You squawkers got some splainin to do.  One day off and everything goes to crap.  Well I guess it's ultimately my responsibility.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2